Please lend a hand: MMJ in RI

Wingman420

Commercial Cultivator
I posted this on another site please lend a hand:

In Rhode Island and up the Creek

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

I am a single father raising four kids on my own in RI. I am a disabled Teamster who was completely run over 10 yrs ago and told I would never walk among other things again, well after much crap and med I do indeed walk albeit not very well and would not win a race of any sort.
I have a problem as after 10 years on various Schedule II opiod analgesics they no longer work with the benefits I encountered years ago i guess this would indicate a tolerance. I started the other day trying a radical approach (or so I thought) attempting MM as I just quit smoking ciggarettes after nearly 30 years of heavy smoking I really did not want this at all and did not enjoy it whatsoever, but after about 10-15 minutes I did enjoy great relief of some pain and was able to eat the delicious food I make my kids, (I used to have a restaurant, bar and nightclub in the 80's, I learned this from my family whom also owned and operated bakeries, cafes, etc. going back to the early 1900's in RI), being around good food all my life and now not eating sucks! Anyway back to the problem I used MM and it helped I live in RI and it is legal here as Obama even instructed the feds to back off people doing it legally in States with MM legislation. Had this not been the case I would not have been persuaded to try this modality of treatment.

I am now an instant advocate for medicallly licensing this and having health care pay for it, but my problem is I need a Dr to fill out the State form and do not know one who may be receptive, I have all doumented medical afflictions and injuries that would fastrack me getting a medical ok but am afraid to ask as I do not want to lose what little dignity I still preserve being a totally disabled father, man and citizen of RI. If there is anybody who can offer advise friendship or assistance please feel free as I may be able to return the favor in kind.
Thank You,
Wingman580

Start here,...Rhode Island MMJ - 420 Magazine and some listing I have found,..Rhode Island

* State Program
* Rhode Island Compassion Club.com PO Box 353, Westerly RI 02891: (401) 580-9239
* Rhode Island Patient Advocacy Coalition, PO Box 2731, Providence, RI 02906 (support group)
* Dr Green
Best of luck Good Buddy!

Start here,...Rhode Island MMJ - 420 Magazine and some listing I have found,..Rhode Island

* State Program
* Rhode Island Compassion Club.com PO Box 353, Westerly RI 02891: (401) 580-9239
* Rhode Island Patient Advocacy Coalition, PO Box 2731, Providence, RI 02906 (support group)
* Dr Green
Best of luck Good Buddy!

The Weed:

My man, I am never giving up on the righteousness of kindred soul.

I was at the RIDH today and picked up the rules and regs for RI MMJ, the Doc's form, and will be going to my Pain Management Dr, I hope is sympathetic to MMJ all I can do is ask.
I so quailfy according to my medical history, records, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
I have never been happy to have a Debilitating Medical Condition, and would never dream of this otherwise, but it is better to be alive and in some pain than dead and feeling nothing.
For life no matter how complicated and painfull always holds the opportunity for greatness!
If my doc does not believe in MMJ, do you know someone? Is there a Dr. Green? I am very legit and have all medical records, pharmacy records, hospital records, treatments, etc. etc. for documentation.
Anybody got any tips?

I was at the RIDH and picked up app, rules and regs. Now hope my dr will agree if anyone knows a doc I have multiple qualifying debillatating diagnosis. I want to get this done right and lend a hand to those I can.

It has been about ten days since I first started this thread. In that time I have worried excessively. I just want to live my life without having to survivedeal through another wave of muscle, bone, or nerve pain. Having to cease and desist all activity to get my meds and the await their onset sucks after using MMJ relief is minutes away.
I await my card it is a process here in RI.

Good for you man! I wish it was as easy here in Canukistan. I've only got clinical depression, insomnia, arthritis and a mild eating disorder. All of these are greatly alleviated with MJ especially the depression which was a big problem since a year ago last Oct. It's a big hassle trying to get a card up here and our gov't seems to be making it harder all the time.

Congrats for your victory. Your kids need a functioning dad and I hope things keep getting better for you. Merry Xmas and a higher New Year!

:peace:

Congradulations!

i bet yer feelin' better already ;)

Good for you man! I wish it was as easy here in Canukistan. I've only got clinical depression, insomnia, arthritis and a mild eating disorder. All of these are greatly alleviated with MJ especially the depression which was a big problem since a year ago last Oct. It's a big hassle trying to get a card up here and our gov't seems to be making it harder all the time.

Congrats for your victory. Your kids need a functioning dad and I hope things keep getting better for you. Merry Xmas and a higher New Year!

I am feeling much much better!

LabRat I hope all works out with you and the Card. there is so much anxiety involved with the whole process here in New England, I can imagine Canada's process with the government healthcare
In Californication the whole process takes $150 cash at a clinic, and you have a card. The local clubs, or Compassion Centers, offer the ability to quickly obtain medicines and ingest them inside the safety of professional club.

The differences in legislation between the States are wide and long regarding Medical Marijuana Programs. For example, I have found in RI State Program there are less than 900 people registered, about one half of this number as patients, with their 400-500 caregivers making up the total. RI law allows each patient to designate up to 2 seperate individuals as Caregivers, who then enjoy the same protections and limitations under RI MMP Law.
The 400 or so patients in RI are in stark contrast to the 60,000 patients numbered in Colorado. The Colorado program is still accepting and trying their best to process the applications that come rolling in at the rate of 500+ per week
While Rhode Island geograhically is the smallest State I must believe there are far more than 400 qualified people living in RI who would benefit from the use of Medical Marijuana. I know the 4-500 caregivers are reaping the benefits of Medical Marijuana maybe they and their patients could all speak up and let everyone know this is a great alternative or additional tool in Medicines' Arsenal.

High Wingman.

As you Americans progress towards more freedom for our favorite medicine here in Canada our goose-stepping gov't is dragging us kicking and screaming back to the dark ages. Not only are they trying to exert mandatory minimum sentences for cultivation of as little as one plant, Bill C-15, another bill, C-6, purported to protect consumers, is about to be made law.

Bill C-6 will make it a criminal offense to grow, process, consume or traffic in NHPs, (Natural Health Products), unless they are approved by Health Canada. Warrantless searches, property forfeiture and presumption of guilt are all parts of this evil plan. Our rights to privacy are being stripped from us as Health Canada officials will be able to trespass on our property without fear of reprisal. They can't come in the house but will have free reign to wander about the property and see what's growing in your garden if they so desire.

There's a whole lot of other scary crap in this bill as well. Another scary part for you is that supposedly your gov't is quietly pushing similar legislation through your law making process too, no doubt backed like ours by Big Pharma.

I just became aware of this recently and don't know that much about it yet, but Google is my friend. :0)

For a quick run-down at this affront to our freedoms check out this article . . .

The Battle Against Bill C-6 | Toronto Canada alternative health natural medicine green living

Heaven help us all.

LabRat my friend Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays I wish all the best to you and yours.
I have read some of C-52 and C-6 WTF I also signed a petition against them in a petitiion on a thread from newsisnoise here is the links Petition Online - Petition Online has been retired
or
sign.htmlStop Bill C-6 & C-52 (votecanada.com) Petition

There is also a book called "Wat part of no don't they understand?" by Helkie Ferrie i think anyone would benefit from reading.
Here is the free link for free download:
https://www.kospublishing.com/images/what_part_of_no.pdf

These issues affect all us in our new "Global Society" thank you for pointing this injustice out I will pass along the info

LabRat my friend Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays I wish all the best to you and yours.

To you as well Wingman and all your family and friends. I hope your kids are enjoying the holidays. After all that's who it's for isn't it? They wouldn't enjoy opening the presents we get in Jan. You know, the flat ones with the little windows. ;0)

I signed the petitions and a half hour later the book is downloaded. :thanks: Damned dial-up! I can't believe the crap our government is trying to pull on us. Harper is the perfect example of the need for retroactive abortion. I been seeing a lot of fall-out down south with yesterdays vote on medical care. Mr. Obama sure stirred up a hornets nest with that one. Good for him. A societies worth is measured by how they treat their poor and infirm.

Anyway, the best of the holidays to you and all. :peace:

* State Program
* Dr Green
Best of luck Good Buddy!

Weed these are definitely great numbers connected to solid people.
The Compassion Club in RI does not exist yet but there is a non formal fellow who founded a patients collective and still operates that today.
This gentleman is very helpful, easily recognizable as he always is wearing a Compassion Club T-shirt or Sweat shirt. He has been quite vocal and dedicated in the fight to bring Medical Marijuana to RI and is also a Caretaker for extremly disabled patients.
I have been to RI Patients Advocacy and am told there are meetings for patients only (they can bring a Caretaker with prior notification) where info is freely shared so I am told I will let you know. The next meeting is on Tues. 12/29/09
The facts in RI remain grim while hoping for a Dr to assist w/MMJ.
I state this truth because while RIPAC claims there are 1000 patients licensed in the State of RI when being photographed inside the Department of Health I ascertained there are approximately 400 Patients inside the State of RI Medical Marijuana Program.
The State also allows each Patient to assign 2 "Caregivers" who then enjoy the same protections from prosecution and rights to grow and posess medical marijuana.
There are approximately: ***
-------------------------400 Patients in RI MMP----------------------
=================== 500+ Caregivers ======================
Grand Total approximated 1000 active licensed participants in RI MMP

This is a sad fact in a population of approximately 1 million people in RI
and only proves we have a long way to go

*** all numbers are not exact but a summation from the RIDOH's Office of MMP

To you as well Wingman and all your family and friends.

A societies worth is measured by how they treat their poor and infirm.

Thank you LabRat I am thankful for your friendship and advice. I am glad I could help with the petition against C-6, I will sread the info to anyone who will listen

Amen to
"A societies worth is measured by how well they treat their poor and infirm."-LabRat

Back
Top Bottom