Info on RI process?

Wingman420

Commercial Cultivator
Hi and thanks to all for your warm welcome,:grinjoint:

I have my RI app, and Dr's appointment does anyone know how long the process takes once all paperwork is signed and submitted?

I will keep you informed of my progress and will be setting up a garden in a secure location shortly. I will share the pics, if I can help anyone let me know.
:thanks:
Sincerely,
Wingman580
:ganjamon:

thanks very good news! I am exploring traveling to R.I. cause I live in D.C metro area and R.I. is the closest state. I am already doing my first grow - I only had 8 seeds, 5 grew after germination, and now only two plants have servived and I've tested everything temp, ph, light, humidity mosture, got a fan, let em sleep at night, played them music - and I still think I am gonna loose these last two plants. they look great them they just fall over and die. Anyone have a recommendation on who to buy seeds from? Meanwhile I'm gonna read a good guide - I was just winging it...:peace:

being that this is your first grow as u said and u had 8 seeds and have only 2 that survived but they "fall over" have you been using a fan all along to simulate outside so they can hold up their own weight?
There may be other problems can u post pics?

There ae seed banks online, from A to Z years ago the most famous seed bank of all was The Seed Bank and was posted in High Times every month. Also had catalogs with detailed info and photos of finished product, it was the best.
He later founded the C.I. A. (Cannabis In Amsterdam)
I am sure you could start there, but if you are moving to RI and can get a card people here can help.
Keep me posted.

Thanks Wingman - I used the fan intermittently - for ventilation, I didnt realize to use to strenghten - the last two just fell over, there had been a "tiny fly" problem too in one pot - so I just transplanted them both and threw out the soil where I saw the bugs. So far, so good, at at least last few hours. I had the hardest time also getting the PH balance to 6.5 - 7.0 - and each of these plants look different-I really need an education - they may have picked their sex - the seeds came from "unknown" - I am germinating my last 3 - I also ordered white widow online. I like gardening but this is tough! I'm great at outdoor organic gardening - BTW I am not moving to R.I. I just want to drive there to see a doc and back. Probably not legal. If I could find any source anywhere I'd abandon my garden - as my post stated, it's that important to me. PS I love your ICON picture - I just found a full intact hawk on the road - I use the feathers in art, medicine sticks specifically. And thanks for the referral for the seeds - if the place I scoped does not work out I'll check them out. I dont wanna be a gardener, I'm not good at it yet but I figured I learned a lot from this test so far. Some guy jays jays from hush.com advertises but that seems too easy. Yavapai/Kimberly

What seems too easy usually is you want to see a bunch of seed company's competing together offering different products strains or even the same ones. If you have ever heard of a particular strain and look it up chances are in amsterdam there is a co. tht sells it.
Seeds that are bought online or given from a specific garden will be far stronger than what u have currently. growing seeds of unknown origin is just that unkown. As only the female plants get u high (the males just cause seeds) it is good to know you are growing something worthwhile.
What type of lights are you using?
What soil or mix?
Use a fan all the time after 3in tall
Thanx for the compliment about the bird
Keep in touch and the grass u grow is sure to be better than the hay u will buy unless you know a gardener

being that this is your first grow as u said and u had 8 seeds and have only 2 that survived but they "fall over" have you been using a fan all along to simulate outside so they can hold up their own weight?
There may be other problems can u post pics?

There ae seed banks online, from A to Z years ago the most famous seed bank of all was The Seed Bank and was posted in High Times every month. Also had catalogs with detailed info and photos of finished product, it was the best.
He later founded the C.I. A. (Cannabis In Amsterdam)
I am sure you could start there, but if you are moving to RI and can get a card people here can help.
Keep me posted.

Will post pics if they are alive in the morning. I will start over - first read about the grow room. I am a good gardener so I just "winged" it with some cursory info I read - well I learned I'm just out of seed. Germination was a breeze, sprouts in the soil great and then each grew and grew for about a week and then died. They seemed to die within minutes it seemed- fallen over and the life out of the stems - the leaves were not curled or faded in color - they just died. 8 germinated but only 5 sprouted in soil. and then three died, and two remain so I transplanted them after they fell over- got new pots and soil, tested abd treated the PH, and then transplated. I pinched off the lowest part of the stems - they were wilted - like dying from the root up - and just before they had been robust, green, thick, and supple. They are only 2 inches high if even now.

Thx for the additional info - the lights I bought were 120w clip on philips plant lights from home depot - I bought Miricle grow potting soil, but for one pot I mixed with soil from my garden with active worms and lots of life, another I mixed in potting soil from an aloe vera plant that was doing well (only it had these tiny tiny knats) -used a fan most of the time again for ventilation, mixed in plant food to raise the acid content went from 8.0 ph to 7.0 to 6.5 and that was hard to effect. getting 12 hrs of light. turned offf light and fan for 8 hours. watered with a stream pump and a mist while plants were cool - and finally started playing classical music in te room. temp 80-85 max day and 75-80 night humidity 40-50%. trying to post pics but program not responding - will try in separate post. :)

Dude dont bust your balls this is supposed to be relaxing. I see u r growing in soil do not use Miracle grow or any of that crap! Do not use garden dirt! Buy Pro mix thats what it is called 100% better results. Get to a grow store, indoor or urban gardening buy yourself some bat guano or organic soil nutrients but do not use too much directions are on the bottles. u can always get new seeds stay in touch there are no bad questions.

Hey Wingman - do I seemed stressed? I am full of data that's for sure as I'm trying to learn - lights as you asked I think are OK, fan in use, soil, nutrients, seeds, water, temp. Yeah I thought it would be relaxing "go for it" I do enjoy the proccess - but 75% died and only 25% survived so far. If it weren't such a medical solution for me I think I'd not feel so invested. THANKS for the tip on Pro Mix - actually I used Scotts potting soil (checked the label) and plant food I used to change the PH. I do appreciate any success tips you have.

Hey Wingman - I cannot reply to your private messages as I have to have 25 posts and only have 7 before I can send or reply private messges- and I dont have your regular email - I do have a lot of questions. I read your post above, and boy can I relate to that - my two illnesses that have me on disability are both painful, but also come with sleep disorder and low appetite. The MMJ solves all three of these issues completely, but it is not currently available. I'm now following what's happing in D.C. as that is closest to me here in Northern VA. Meanwhile, the alternatives of Vicoden, Ambien, etc. those solutions are short-lived and dangerous over time. I'm just hoping for a solution - I don't know if a person who lives in VA can be prescribed in DC but it will be sometime in 2010 before it even gets going in DC. Thanks for your response and for sharing your story - it's something to log on and hear your own story - I'll update you on what's happening and ask a few questions

Thank you and I saw that u did not have enough posts to PM me yesterday and wanted to say "whats up?"
I don't see why you can't see a Dr in DC when that happens but who knows, many States have residency requirements but that's not a State its a District. The pills you mentioned are No Good they will only stop working and then the docs go stronger, stronger, and it can become a problem, but with Medical Marijuana no crazy crap it's smooth sailing.

Congrats Wingman, I live in MASS and have been considering moving to RI not based on the MMJ thing but because it is much cheaper. Hope you are having good luck growing.

Back
Top Bottom