Getting a Dr in RI

Wingman420

Commercial Cultivator
I am going to my PCP then my Pain management Dr and since coresponding here have a new appt for a sympathetic caring Dr. in 14 days, someone of the three will undoubtedly help with my lifelong journey to live while dealing with pain.

I have never looked to be pain free and do not "get High" off my meds they either work or don't and when they do not I am truly incapacitated so I turned to MMJ and it does help.

To all who are in a rush and desperate, it tooks decades for MMJ to be an option in RI and can be caused great harm by those who do not treat it as medication and follow a dosing schedule. We should all honor the spirit of this law and thank Mr Hawkins and the late Mr Slater. This law was not intended to shield illegal drug users/dealers from prosecution but was enacted to allay the pain and suffering of the minority whom are truly suffering from various ailments as laid forth in the statute.
Please to all who seek MMJ I have been disabled for a decade and live in constant agony, suffer from seizures, and multiple debilitating medical disorders. It will help you if you try following some of my simple routines to bring a Dr.
I keep a pain journal daily,sometimes hourly,if need be. This helps me keep my mind busy and is an important tool in the medical community.
Keep all Dr's appointments and do not be late, or re-schedule.
Any meds given should be kept up high and out of reach from inquisitive hands and minds.
all medical instructions for any Rx or therapy should be followed to the letter if you need to self medicate call the Dr and leave a message if you have to.
Treat this and all meds with respect while MMJ may not kill us driving stoned could kill us and others, USE COMMON SENSE.. i know that seems like an oxymoron when marijuana and common sense are in the same sentence.
Do not give to any child unless instructed by a Physician.
Document as much info as possible it will help when something medical does happen giving Dr's much needed insight and info for others in the future who may need MMJ.

Do Not Fake or Malinger it is an insult to those who are ill.....
.......I would gladly trade my Bad Health for Your Good Health.

If you are faking this is a good way to get caught.

If you will be selling or providing MMJ to non MMJ patients the risk is great and the whole program could be defeated at the polls. We must all remeber this is an Honors program, meant to increase the quality of life for those who are the most vulnerable among RI citizens.
While discussion and the passing of info is great we must all safeguard the slim rights that have been etrusted with, anyone who would jeopardize this program is not being a good steward of the system that now serves one thousand patients statewide.
Where would they be if we destroy this medical priviledge?

The same caution and safguards that surround Federal prescriptions for Schedule II, III, IV, and V Controlled Substances should be employed by all MMJ users. This means and is enforceable as MMJ is Schedule I, that if the med is not stored in a safe place, out of sight, out of reach, and strictly controlled by the end user, and not given away to those without licensed Card, we risk fines and or imprisonment of ourselves, our associates, and our Dr.
We must treat this responsibilitie with the respect that Edward Hawkins & Thomas Slater had intended, a good guideline, or yardstick by which to measure is indeed The Controlled Substances Act of 1970, just remember that MMJ is Schedule I, if we treat it as Schedule II and employ common sense and control, do not transfer the medication to those it is not prescribed, and keep away from children and obvious threats we should enjoy a somewhat better quality of life.

Remember if you seek to change a law it can be done with education, unity, respect, and civility.
Enact legislation that is beneficial and prroductive.
Any thoughts, suggestions or criticisms please feel free to share...:thanks:

Re: Getting a Dr in RI appt in 2hrs

I WILL BE ASKING MY PAIN MANAGEMENT Dr. ABOUT INCLUDING MMJ IN MY TREATMENT IN ABOUT 2hrs.--------

-------------WISH ME GODSPEED----------

I pray we can cut down significantly the opiod therapy if MMJ is approved if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask....

I will keep you informed ------

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

:allgood: Hoping everything works out for you! :amen: :peace: WE will wait to hear the news Bro.

I retuned today from the Dr's office (PCP), who is in constant contact with my Pain doc and after I asked about MMJ he was very suprised that I of all people had become interested and an advocate for this. In short I am awaiting the State's review and approval of my signed, sealed, delivered, and paid application.

I think after healthcare professionals initial suprise at who is inquiring about MMJ they quickly reason if this candidate would be appropriate for a least restrictive enviroment regarding medications. In making this initial clinical decision Dr's and support staff can easily determine if mental health risks, leakage, theft, or diversion are considerations in regards to licensing new patients for marijuana therapy.
This is not unlike the judgement call Dr's make when deciding who is a candidate for opiod pain management therapy and if this is to be inpatient or in a least restrictive enviroment such as in a private home with family or loved ones to assist and be responsible for the patient and their medication.

If there are any questions how I decided to use MMJ and how long it took to gain permission please ask here..:welcome:

It is truely crazy the way doctors gave pill almost like trick or treats halloween style. Then come Cannabis and they need to huddle up, bang heads, huge screening considerations for what? Overdoseless, wonderful, all natural, nonaddictive, harmless plant. Was the doctor up to date with his knowledge of the amount you can possess. and did he tell the best way to use it and how much daily? So you feel really good that you will pass State's review? Why was the doc suprised, stating you of all people? What does you/he mean by that? Sorry all the Questions I,m excited too!

It is truely crazy the way doctors gave pill almost like trick or treats halloween style. Then come Cannabis and they need to huddle up, bang heads, huge screening considerations for what? Overdoseless, wonderful, all natural, nonaddictive, harmless plant. Was the doctor up to date with his knowledge of the amount you can possess. and did he tell the best way to use it and how much daily? So you feel really good that you will pass State's review? Why was the doc suprised, stating you of all people? What does you/he mean by that? Sorry all the Questions I,m excited too!

Weed,

Man you hit the nail on the head I was in the mix so I was not able to be as observant and detached as I would have liked.

The huddle up mentality is par for the course as I have some severe medical shit going on, they were mostly discussing contraindications and ability to work with other medication.

As far as the best way to use and frequency: It was left at smoking when needed for pain in conjunction with or in place of narcotic painkillers, as I determine subject to review. As I am not growing yet the pain med levels will have to remain consistent.
The MAIN CLOSING POINT, was that MMJ CAN BE USED TO CONTROL PAIN AND THEY KNOW THIS, ITS NOT AN EPIPHANY.

The Dr (my main guy) was completely up to date with protocols and legal ramifications, possession limits. I must say the doc that sees me the most was the most ardent supporter of this treatment for me as he knows I do not lie, bullshit, divert my medications, or come fu**ed up, and he is the senior treatment facilitator.

On Passing the State Review: It is indeed the Final Step and I am concerned as I have been at the 1yrd line before with 1st and goal and watched them move the goalpost.... It seems bureaucracy can screw up anything.
"The best laid plans of mice and men oft go awry"-J. Steinbeck

I think his surprise at me using MMJ was that I am a father of four with sole custody and try to insure everything near me is always correct and I do not put up with bullshit. We have a great relationship and he knows my entire family in the course of treatment. There are extreme professionals in my family. Some of my children are leaders in school and frequently in the paper.
I have been published Nationally and Internationally, not a huge deal.
Talking with me nobody would guess I am receiving the strongest opiates on the planet. I have a good track record with dangerous medications that have the ability to reduce anyone to a bad place.
I do not know why he said "you of all people" I think because he never figured me to abuse or use drugs as they are readily available.

Thanks for the help buddy I need to talk with someone as the anxiety is killing me.
Best Wishes and Thanx,:thanks::ganjamon:
Wingman580

:clap: Thank you Brother it is a pleasure reading what you have to say! :adore: :peace: :goodjob:

Brother,

it is I who enjoys what you have to say, and I thank you for your keen insights, making me think about what exactly is being said and why.

:thanks: for the compliments regarding my posts I try to put the needs of the many before the need of a few.:ganjamon:

:theband: :theband: :amen: :passitleft: :headbanger:

Listening to Jimi Hendrix .... slow blues, gettin my heart back together again this is the live version of Hear my Train a comin' from the vinyl Concerts 84 Great Tunes if you like Blues.. another legendary preformance track is from Royal Albert Hall, London with Bleeding Heart Blues in C Sharp :adore:

:rollit::yummy::popcorn::cool:;):rollit: as I am celebrating the fianalization of my divorce after 18yrs married and 3yrs in the State courts:goodjob::smokin::slide:

I had my appointment with PCP and Pain Drs' as I did not know who knew about this legal treatment, everyone including my Pain Drs' and whole treatment team thought this would be a great alternative.

The signed application and accompanying documents are paid and in State care for review.

I am told 15 days whether calendar or business I do not know as it was unavailible.

I just tried MMJ after years with debilitating pain, my pain meds no longer work and there is nothing stronger in the FDA arsenal.

I reluctantly tried MMJ and within 15 minutes was able to enjoy some pain relief and ultimately regained an apetite. It sounds foolish but when you are suffering in unimaginable pain and poor health, food seems unimportant.

I am now an instant advocate for MMJ and am actively seeking a RI Doc that will assist me in trying to regain my life.
Any and all info, advise, or help would be of great help.

:welcome: Brother:ciao:

There are many people here in similar situations, I did a quick search and
Pitviper name up 1st you 2nd. send him a PM super great guy.
May I ask why you were reluctant at first.
Are you thinking of growing?
Again :welcome::cheer:

:welcome: Brother:ciao:

There are many people here in similar situations, I did a quick search and
Pitviper name up 1st you 2nd. send him a PM super great guy.
May I ask why you were reluctant at first.
Are you thinking of growing?
Again :welcome::cheer:

Aprentice,

I am building a garden as we speak, I started gardening about 1984-85' and did so until 94'-95'. I loved it. I will be growing hydro, 100% organic looking for the highest quality medical marijuana there is locally.

I will be using my old ebb and flow tables, and equipment with 1k lights and reflector hoods all in "mint" condition. I did buy new bulbs, heaters, pumps, gauges, etc.

A. 1000w Mh with "blue" 110,000 lumens bulbs
B. 1000w HPS with "Super HPS" 145,000 lumens bulbs
C.1000w Mh with "Agro-Sun" 118,000 lumens bulbs
D. 400w Mh bulbs for strategic positioning
Hopefully with some luck a garden should start within weeks.
I am looking for advice on which specific strains should be grown that are the personal favorites, strongest indica's, and sativa's, on the planet.

You are right about PitViper, an excellent gardener, helpful member, and smart as a whip, his personal insights and the documented results of Van de Zwaan, have helped me tremendously.

I do not know how u did a search but thanks again ask me anything and offer any help u can.
:goodjob:
Wingman580

Unlike your raptor avatar, I would be an ill eagle with waiting.
I am very impatient, especially when in pain. Good Luck!

PropaGator,
This wait seems interminable. I have seen molasses move quicker. California is much much faster, and the limits (8oz) seem far more accommodating.
Any thoughts?:smokin:

I am going to my PCP then my Pain management Dr and since coresponding here have a new appt for a sympathetic caring Dr. in 14 days, someone of the three will undoubtedly help with my lifelong journey to live while dealing with pain.

I have never looked to be pain free and do not "get High" off my meds they either work or don't and when they do not I am truly incapacitated so I turned to MMJ and it does help.

To all who are in a rush and desperate, it tooks decades for MMJ to be an option in RI and can be caused great harm by those who do not treat it as medication and follow a dosing schedule. We should all honor the spirit of this law and thank Mr Hawkins and the late Mr Slater. This law was not intended to shield illegal drug users/dealers from prosecution but was enacted to allay the pain and suffering of the minority whom are truly suffering from various ailments as laid forth in the statute.
Please to all who seek MMJ I have been disabled for a decade and live in constant agony, suffer from seizures, and multiple debilitating medical disorders. It will help you if you try following some of my simple routines to bring a Dr.
I keep a pain journal daily,sometimes hourly,if need be. This helps me keep my mind busy and is an important tool in the medical community.
Keep all Dr's appointments and do not be late, or re-schedule.
Any meds given should be kept up high and out of reach from inquisitive hands and minds.
all medical instructions for any Rx or therapy should be followed to the letter if you need to self medicate call the Dr and leave a message if you have to.
Treat this and all meds with respect while MMJ may not kill us driving stoned could kill us and others, USE COMMON SENSE.. i know that seems like an oxymoron when marijuana and common sense are in the same sentence.
Do not give to any child unless instructed by a Physician.
Document as much info as possible it will help when something medical does happen giving Dr's much needed insight and info for others in the future who may need MMJ.

Do Not Fake or Malinger it is an insult to those who are ill.....
.......I would gladly trade my Bad Health for Your Good Health.

If you are faking this is a good way to get caught.

If you will be selling or providing MMJ to non MMJ patients the risk is great and the whole program could be defeated at the polls. We must all remeber this is an Honors program, meant to increase the quality of life for those who are the most vulnerable among RI citizens.
While discussion and the passing of info is great we must all safeguard the slim rights that have been etrusted with, anyone who would jeopardize this program is not being a good steward of the system that now serves one thousand patients statewide.
Where would they be if we destroy this medical priviledge?

The same caution and safguards that surround Federal prescriptions for Schedule II, III, IV, and V Controlled Substances should be employed by all MMJ users. This means and is enforceable as MMJ is Schedule I, that if the med is not stored in a safe place, out of sight, out of reach, and strictly controlled by the end user, and not given away to those without licensed Card, we risk fines and or imprisonment of ourselves, our associates, and our Dr.
We must treat this responsibilitie with the respect that Edward Hawkins & Thomas Slater had intended, a good guideline, or yardstick by which to measure is indeed The Controlled Substances Act of 1970, just remember that MMJ is Schedule I, if we treat it as Schedule II and employ common sense and control, do not transfer the medication to those it is not prescribed, and keep away from children and obvious threats we should enjoy a somewhat better quality of life.

Remember if you seek to change a law it can be done with education, unity, respect, and civility.
Enact legislation that is beneficial and prroductive.
Any thoughts, suggestions or criticisms please feel free to share...:thanks:
So what exactly are you saying. If i get high off my meds., then i should'nt qualify ?? Getting high is just one of the benifits of using mmj. I been smoking weed for over 50 yrs., and i do get high and i feel i have as much a right to ascess legal pot as you do. Police don't even arrest for small amounts(ie. 1 oz or less) anymore in Ma.!! So now they have more time to hang at the donut shop !! Ha !! I'm 68 and i'll be smoking pot until i'm in my grave, no matter if it's legal or not. In my opinion, it should be legal, as in no bullshit about it LEGAL !! It's a f-----ing weed, and we don't deserve to be taxed for a weed. It should be legal with no strings other than driving under the influence, etc., just like alcohol. I will not vote for any bill that does'nt allow for growing at home. I know one thing, if you want to grow weed, then you're at the right place for good advice and good people !! And i'm all for that 1000 people who will qualify in R.I., but that's bs in my opinion. I know R.I. is a small state, but i know more than 1000 people need mmj there. How about the rest of the folks that just want to mellow out once in awhile ?? I mean what are you asking people to do, stop fighting for their rights. You're getting yours and act like you don't want anyone else rocking the boat. They been locking up people for 70 yrs for using pot and now they want to be our supplyers. Ha !! It would'nt suprise me one bit to find out that a judge or top cop in LA owns some of them new outlets, regulated by the state. After all the lives destroyed by the war on drugs, and now they want to be our dealers ?? I'm happy you're getting your card, but i don't believe it's right for the state to charge you an annual fee for it. You sound like you still believe it's a crime to smoke to get high?? Well i'm firing up a big ole fat dubbie right now sir, and i don't have any pains, and i don't care if you or anyone else likes it or not. We're all in this together !! :smokin:; :smokin:

PropaGator,
This wait seems interminable. I have seen molasses move quicker. California is much much faster, and the limits (8oz) seem far more accommodating.
Any thoughts?:smokin:

Every joint I've passed, every sack I've copped
Has put me at odds with Leo
40 years violation, still with my own volition
Papers won't change what I know

You have all the lights for a garden of delights
Don't have to be big to be good
Best time to start one is now, any which way
Your best meds you'll grow, as all should

Unlike your raptor avatar, I would be an ill eagle with waiting.
I am very impatient, especially when in pain. Good Luck!

"This wait seems interminable." Guess that answered my Question. No news I take it wingman580 Buddy ?

So what exactly are you saying. If i get high off my meds., then i should'nt qualify ?? Getting high is just one of the benifits of using mmj. I been smoking weed for over 50 yrs., and i do get high and i feel i have as much a right to ascess legal pot as you do. Police don't even arrest for small amounts(ie. 1 oz or less) anymore in Ma.!! So now they have more time to hang at the donut shop !! Ha !! I'm 68 and i'll be smoking pot until i'm in my grave, no matter if it's legal or not. In my opinion, it should be legal, as in no bullshit about it LEGAL !! It's a f-----ing weed, and we don't deserve to be taxed for a weed. It should be legal with no strings other than driving under the influence, etc., just like alcohol. I will not vote for any bill that does'nt allow for growing at home. I know one thing, if you want to grow weed, then you're at the right place for good advice and good people !! And i'm all for that 1000 people who will qualify in R.I., but that's bs in my opinion. I know R.I. is a small state, but i know more than 1000 people need mmj there. How about the rest of the folks that just want to mellow out once in awhile ?? I mean what are you asking people to do, stop fighting for their rights. You're getting yours and act like you don't want anyone else rocking the boat. They been locking up people for 70 yrs for using pot and now they want to be our supplyers. Ha !! It would'nt suprise me one bit to find out that a judge or top cop in LA owns some of them new outlets, regulated by the state. After all the lives destroyed by the war on drugs, and now they want to be our dealers ?? I'm happy you're getting your card, but i don't believe it's right for the state to charge you an annual fee for it. You sound like you still believe it's a crime to smoke to get high?? Well i'm firing up a big ole fat dubbie right now sir, and i don't have any pains, and i don't care if you or anyone else likes it or not. We're all in this together !! :smokin:; :smokin:

Last one first:

Slowpuffer, the last thing I would ever do is dictate terms to you or any sane adult about smoking weed, or medicating themselves when needed
To be honest Bra I aint gettin mine either, I've been waiting almost a month for the "card" with all my paperwork in and paid. I would never stand in the way of u or anybody smoking a joint or obtaining medical protections. I only hope that the smoking is discreet in some place away from kids.
I'm hip about the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937, The Cosmetic Drug Act of 1938, The Harrison Act of 1914, if we had some people in power that knew about these topics then, maybe we would not be here now.
And as for Massachusetts, I don't live there. There is no legal marijuana in Ma. medical or otherwise.
They do have a Law however, that allows the cop on the beat to, seize your grass, issue you a $150 ticket that you must pay to waive court, and thats only for a 1st offense
After that if you get caught, its jail, and bail, if you qualify!
If the post to which you refer seems at all sanctimonious I am sorry, it was never meant to be!
The vein that I was writing in was due to my thoughts constantly about how I wish, I would never have to take this sh*t again.
The key phrase there is "have to", it would be a different world if I could enjoy that choice as when my symptoms hit they hit with crippling effects. Sometimes landing me in a hospital via rescue.
Dude smoke whatever you want. I will never tell anyone what to do about smoking pot.
I do think its cool that people like yourself do not need to hide behind MMJ and its patients to smoke. God Bless You!
You Got Balls!
Because my friend growing and smoking pot it in your home is against the law and will put you in Federal Prison, causing the forfeiture of your home, cars, children, bank accounts, stocks, bonds, IRAs and any and all assets that the Federalies and the local constabulary can find, attach, and seize for themselves.
So if you travel while you puff be careful where you travel to, (although RI specifically wrote reciprocity for "out of Stater's" into the Law).
I agree marijuana should be legal and regulated like liquor. There are people who should not be exposed to marijuana, for a myriad of reasons.

Would I trade my disability, narcotics, and medical marijuana for a healthy body that could work, ski, run, or anything like that?
I would in a minute.
So if that offended you, or anybody I did not mean to, and I stand by my post.
I recognize everybody in America's need to relieve pain, wherever that pain stems from.
It is not up to me at all. Good luck and take a hit for me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
TheWeed, dude this wait sucks, you guys out in CA got us beat, it's a F*^%kin Police State, and many wonder why theres only 1000 patients in RI.
Some are winding their way thru the process, but a great many others are fearful about losing their freedom, safety, and grow.
While others are awaiting our fate and will wait to see if we go to prison.

The police here can arrest you while your awaiting your State Card so do not get caught, all licenses will be be revoked for this and other infractions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
PropaGator, You knew way back that this was BS and should be far easier to obtain, +rep

To Everyone, I finally at 3:00pm Eastern Standard Time I recieved my State of RI MMJ card!

Man what a long, process. I am finally in the promised land they tell me but I'm still in chronic pain.

I recieved a letter from RIDOH stating my application was complete and I was approved. It went on asking me to bring the letter and id to the Dept and obtain a State of RI MMJ CARD.

I did so forthwith then proceeded to obtain what I was told in advance would be G13 it clearly was not. But it is OK.

Thanks to all for the great welcome and making me feel at ease!

I now have to get the garden started

YES! Double that. The waiting is bad when you aren't totally sure of the outcome.
I am very happy for you. Now for the garden, and more waiting OMG!
I recommend you grow a selection: Indica, hybrid, and sativa to learn what works best.
Trust our sponsors for genetics and get the :yummy:

Wouldn't anyone hurting trade all they own for a fit, pain-free body?
Some old cynics say that youth is wasted on the young.
I say each day is a gift, to make the best of.
Start a grow journal wingman, and let us journey with you!

To Everyone, I finally at 3:00pm Eastern Standard Time I recieved my State of RI MMJ card!

Man what a long, process. I am finally in the promised land they tell me but I'm still in chronic pain.

I recieved a letter from RIDOH stating my application was complete and I was approved. It went on asking me to bring the letter and id to the Dept and obtain a State of RI MMJ CARD.

I did so forthwith then proceeded to obtain what I was told in advance would be G13 it clearly was not. But it is OK.

Thanks to all for the great welcome and making me feel at ease!

I now have to get the garden started

Yes:cheer::slide:

Congrats bro.
Looking forward to your grow.:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom