Can I have 2 patients and also grow for myself?

BuffaloJill

The limit on plants with 2 patients is 24 flower, 12 veg and 5 dry ounces.

If I myself was a patient could I grow an addition 12 for myself or does it not stack like that? Im not sure if I even need to do that many, I just need to supply enough for 3 peoples medical use but I would like to know my options and keep it legal. I have never broken a law in my life and I dont plan on it now.

So in short as a care giver and a patient could I grow for myself and 2 other patients in the same place without breaking any laws?

I myself am licensed for 60 Plants.

24 in Flower for Patients
12 in Veg for Patients

12 in Flower for myself
12 in Veg for myself

Why should I as a CG be punished because I am a Patient. I supply 5 Patients am I to sell them my own meds and go without? NO I think not the Law is silent on this and clearly states "NO Caregiver shall posess more than 36 plants" Also "Patients are allowed 12 Flowering and 12 Seedling Marijuana Plants"
If you want to be safe do not do it, but if you have to, you have to. Always be sure to put aside $$$ for a great atty for a Trial in Superior Court.

I am also going to Trial on this issue so stay tuned to my thread: Busted

In Oregon each patient can grow six full size plants and I am not sure how many starts you are allowed to have. Starts are anything over 12" tall and or wide. Also, if you are a caretaker for another patient and you are listed as their grower you can grow for them. My mom and my girlfriend both have cards so I can grow 18 full size plants and a bunch of starts. However, like Wingman advised, read up on your states laws because each state has varying regulations.

The limit on plants with 2 patients is 24 flower, 12 veg and 5 dry ounces.

If I myself was a patient could I grow an addition 12 for myself or does it not stack like that? Im not sure if I even need to do that many, I just need to supply enough for 3 peoples medical use but I would like to know my options and keep it legal. I have never broken a law in my life and I dont plan on it now.

So in short as a care giver and a patient could I grow for myself and 2 other patients in the same place without breaking any laws?
In Rhode Island as a patient and a care-giver for 2 or more patients you can possess 60 plants. 12 and 12 for yourself as a patient and 24 flowering and 12 non-flowering as the care-giver.

When I read wingmans story the other day, I sent out this email to the DOH.

Me Good morning Stephanie,

I was hoping you could answer a question for me.

I'm confused about the #'s of plants one person is allowed to grow. As a patient, I can grow 12 plants. Can I also become a caregiver and grow another 12 for 1 patient and another 12 for patient #2 for a total of 36? I thought the most 1 person could grow was 24, period.

In my search for a caregiver, I found quite a few that were working the #'s like this and I wasn't completely sure if this was legal so I wanted to check with the dept. before going any further.

Thanks

RIDOH-Stephanie Pontes

Yes, you as a patient are allowed to grow 12. You can grow another 24 for two or more patients, no more than that is allowable for more than two patients. So the total you can grow if you are a patient and caregiver for two other patients is 36.

Plantmanager, in my case the local police in 2 towns have agreed that the numbers listed previously are correct, as well as the legislative hearings during the passage of the 'compassion center' bill, cuncurring.

Yea, but here wingman is getting prosecuted for having LESS!!! I just thought I'd post that up there in case it helps him some how, some way,...illustrate how the dept is giving people the ok to do what he was doing.....

Actually what she did say, limits the plants at 36 without mention of any "seedlings". So the answer from those who should know was incorrect.

She added more today....

Send
Save Now
Discard
Draft saved at 4:46 PM (21 hours ago)
|
Stephanie Pontes
to me

show details 1:29 PM (1 hour ago)

I also forgot to include the 12 seedling plants which are marijuana plants with no observable flowers or buds. So the total would be 36 matured plants and 12 seedling plants (ONLY) for a patient who is also a caregiver for two other patients. I would not exceed the amount of plants just to be safe. Because the law is vague regarding seedlings, it would be at the judges discretion if one were to come in contact with the authority on the amount of plants. Should you have any other questions please feel free to contact me at 401-222-2828.

-now as I read the law, you should be able to have 36/36......wtf....

If that's the case, it isn't possible to ever have 36 flowering unless you are using autos or extremely short veg times

If you check section (d) under "protections" , care-givers are allowed 12 seedlings, period. As I explained earlier 1 patient serving as a care-giver for 2-5 other patients can have 60 plants. 36 with flowers and 24 non-flowering.
Bear in mind that in order to be within limits at harvest it is recommended that plants are chronologically staggered 1-2 plants a week.

Hi everyone, new member here. :thumb:

This thread addresses some questions I had. I guess the answer on the seedling question is open to interpretation and you are risking "violating" the law if you grow more than 12 seedlings in any scenario, even if some people believe that the maximum allowed for a patient + caregiver is 24 seedlings.

Here is the scenario:

Grower is a Patient and Caregiver for 2 people.

36 flowering plants is the max allowed.

Either 12 or 24 seedlings are allowed, depending on how you choose to interpret the law.

7.5 oz of marijuana is the max any one individual can possess under any circumstances.

My question is as follows:

Can seedlings also be counted as flowering plants ? In other words, If I'm allowed 36 flowering plants and I only have 24, can I add 12 more seedlings ( that would count towards my 36 flowering plants ). In other words, If I was growing 24 flowering plants and 24 seedlings when I am allowed 36 mature plants. Is this legal ?

The other BIG problem as I see it is the possession limits. Suppose I am a Patient and also a Caregiver for 5 patients. Everyone needs 1 ounce of medication per week,for a total of 6 ounces per week. Under the current possession limits, you and your clients would run out of meds after 1 week.
Where the hell is everyone supposed to get what they need if you can only have 7.5 ounces on hand ?

ALSO - We all know that if someone harvests more than a few plants, they automatically are in violation of the law even before you can dry and cure the medication ! The law allows you to cultivate an amount of plants that will produce an amount of dried meds far in excess of the possession limits. It seems to me that the law makes no sense. On one hand, your'e not allowed to possess enough meds to take care of your commitments and on the other as soon as you harvest your legally allowed number of plants you are subject to being arrested. What the Hell ! Sounds like entrapment to me, and at the very least the law offers no protection at all even if you follow the guidelines for number of plants and patients you are allowed to have.

Any thoughts on this ?

-Pretty sure 5oz is the max, not 7.5 but I could be wrong.

-Seedlings count towards seedlings, not flowering plants. You can't plant 12 new ones till you flower the originals. The only way to get 36 flowering plants is to do a perpetual grow, harvesting 1,2, plants a week

-The possession limits are ridiculous, we can grow much more than that when you allow us 12 plants,............but I'm not going to be the one to point out that 12 is too many for those possession amounts to be realistic. ;)

"non-flowering" plants can be counted as "flowering", but not the other way around.
Some suggestions, start staggered groth right at the point of cutting clones and or germinating seeds. Continue through transfer from "non-flowering" to "flowering" mode.
Then on the harvest end, if your patient's are covering APC (actual production cost) you can just give them "their" whole live bushes or clean and green but wet. The law deals with "useable" marijuana, until it dries it is part of your "reasonable amount of "un-useable" from section(d). Also 7.5 ounces is the max. which incidently is the number of pounds a patient will be eligible to obtain annually from the compassion centers if and when they arrive.

Yea, but here wingman is getting prosecuted for having LESS!!! I just thought I'd post that up there in case it helps him some how, some way,...illustrate how the dept is giving people the ok to do what he was doing.....

:thanks: I appreciate and:welcome: the support! I have instructed my atty to contact the RI DOH for a letter to show the Superior Court Judge hoping for dismissal.

Great discussion guys +Rep to all!1:goodjob:

As I said I am arguing that as a Patient and Caregiver to 5 people I am allowed 12 mature (flowering) and 12 seedlings. As Caregiver I am allowed 24 mature and 12 seedlings also for a grand total of 36 Flowering or mature plants and 24 seedlings, totaling 60 Plants! Which is a lot of plants and I would need a minimum of 30,000wts to accommodate their needs 18-20,000 for Flower and 10-12,000wts for veg as I do not use CFL's or T-5's.
I want to thank both Plant Manager, Stanleyboy33, and RXTHC for raising and discussing this important matter in the light of day, and please come by my Trial. Anyone of you may want to testify or just support me and MMJ in general.
:thanks:
btw: I was using 3x 1,000 wt lights and am now using 3400wts. I also believe I can have 7.5 oz's of dried usable MMJ 2.5 for myself and 5.0 for my patients

Hey Wingman, ur welcome. :nicethread:

I fully support your legal battle and am very interested in the outcome. I can't actually show up for privacy and confidentiality reasons. Even though I do everything strictly by the book, when you read about the cops raiding the house of a guy in a wheelchair, and then bust him for being a measly 2 plants over his limit it makes you kind of feel like the Cops are looking to bust anyone in The RI MMP Program for what they perceive as the slightest infraction.

So is the legal consensus that you can have 12+12 seedlings in your opinion ?

Also, can cops or informants legally pose as RI Licensed Patients or Caregivers to try and trick you (Even if your'e not breaking the law) ?

Please let us know when the trial is so we can follow whats going on.

Stanley :high-five:

PS To All:

I just talked to a very reputable attorney and he believes that you can have 36 seedlings for yourself + caregiver for 2 people. I personally would only go with 24, just to be safe.

As far as police / informants posing as Cardholders he said they can "do whatever they want to do" so don't assume that just because they have a card that they are not a rat or cop trying to trick you into doing something illegal.

Stanley :reading420magazine:

Back
Top Bottom