New Policies at RI DOH Medical Marijuana Program

Wingman420

Commercial Cultivator
The Rhode Island Department of Health Office of Professional Regulation is making policy changes as to how they administer the RI Medical Marijuana Program.
The changes will be effective Dec 1st and will focus on residency in RI, and all Caregiver applications will now have to submit a new BCI with every application.
All MMJ Cardholders for RI must be RI residents.
In the past the Office held your BCI sheet and it was good for six (6), months.
This will no longer be the case as every application must have its own dated BCI records check to insure anyone in the Program who may have been charged or Convicted of Cultivation, Manufacture, or Manual Delivery of Sch I,II,II,IV,V, drugs. Any application not including a new, dated. BCI record check will be denied and returned.
If you have any questions please post or call the RI DOH MMP Office of Professional Regulation at 401-222-2828
Thank you in advance.

This will no longer be the case as every application must have its own dated BCI records check to insure anyone in the Program who may have been charged or Convicted of Cultivation, Manufacture, or Manual Delivery of Sch I,II,II,IV,V, drugs is not allowed the a Caregiver License. Any application not including a new, dated. BCI record check will be denied and returned.
If you have any questions please post or call the RI DOH MMP Office of Professional Regulation at 401-222-2828
Thank you in advance.

This is what it should have read but I had a typo, my apologies in advance.

I sent my app in on the 19th of November. It's the old application, but has not been approved yet (check has been cashed). Think Ill have to redo it with the "new" application? Or since it was sent out before the changes went into effect will I be ok? :thanks:

The ck has been cashed so the application was processed they wait til the beginning of the month to mail out all letters so you should have yours any day. It takes about a month to process any application there as they handle about 94 Different Professional License regulations.

Thanks for the info Wingman. I had no idea the same office processed that many applications.

No problem tonedef1, let us know when you recieve your letter and obtain the Card.:woohoo::party:

Back
Top Bottom