Reciprocity

Wingman420

Commercial Cultivator
RECIPROCITY in RI MMJ Law allows for out of State users to Posess up to 2.5 Ounces of Medical Marijuana, Extracts, and Concentrates.

A "vacationing Patient" will not be subject to Prosecution for Posession.

But current RI Law does not allow for "out of State Patients" to purchase Medicine from Licensed Caregivers or Dispensary (if ever opened).

The RI Governor wants all Patients to use the existing Caregiver Legislation but RI Lawmakers did not anticipate revenue from Vacationing Tourists with valid qualifying conditions, Dr's Rec, and State issued MMJ Cards.

A RI MMP Cardholding Patient may GIFT another cardholding Patient from any State up to two and one half (2.5) ounces, of Marijuana without fear of Prosecution as long as there is NO payment of cash.
No donation, No payment, No services, for said Marijuana.

The submission of a Caregiver Application to the RI DOH Medical Marijuana Program with an out of State Card and Rec will get you REVOKED and the Department will ask the Reciprocating State to REVOKE said applicants License.

At this point if you have sold Marijuana to an out of State MMJ Cardholder it is a FELONY

But as stated earlier under RI Law "any Patient may GIFT any other Patient up to 2.5 Ozs" but if any money is to change hands you are committing a FELONY there will be NO "Safe Harbor"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above is a synopsis of my conversations with the RI Department of Health's Office of Professional Regulation, Medical Marijuana Program Director, Charles Alexandre's Office.
I hope this clears up all questions about "IF" an out of State Rec can be used to make an approved sale? NOT, totally illegal.
You will go to Prison Held Without Bail for Manual Delivery and face Felony Marijuana charges.

I would take this opportunity to again urge ALL readers to obtain their RI MMP Card from the RI Dept of Health so you can legally Grow or buy Medical Marijuana. Extracts, Concentrates, Canna Butter, Oils, Tinctures, and Edibles, from many Licensed and Reputable Patient/Caregivers who grow Collectively here in RI

Back
Top Bottom