Getting MMJ in RI : Help! Need advice/information - Thanks!

CGomes93

Hey everyone, I'm Chris and am new to the site. I've used it before to read up on some things, but just made an account tonight and am posting for the first time. You all seem like great, helpful people on here so I can't wait to here what you all have to say and hopefully someone can help!

I reside in Rhode Island and would like to benefit from the use of medical marijuana. I suffer from chronic migraines, as well as back pain, and anxiety/ADHD. I smoke regularly and it truly helps in each and every one of these aspects. However, I have not spoken to my doctor about any of this - the pains, or the usage of marijuana. My reasoning is, I don't like to take prescription meds, and don't want to become dependent of them like some people unfortunately are. My Primary Care Physician is Dr. Michael Baaklini MD in Bristol. I haven't visited his office in about a year and a half or so - I only go the Doctor or make an appointment if it is completely necessary. My biggest issue here is, I don't exactly mind using marijuana illegally, but I don't want to suffer any consequences for using a natural remedy that does no harm to anyone. It also can become expensive when you constantly have to buy more instead of growing it yourself. I would like to obtain a MMJ Card so I can rest easy knowing that I won't get into any trouble for treating my "ailments" if you will. There are plenty of people out there who have it much worse than I do, but I have medical issues nonetheless and would like to be able to get any help whatsoever.

Thanks to anyone and everyone who replies to this post with any information or advice,
Chris.

What exactly is your question? Are you comfortable asking your PCP to sign the MMJ application, or do you want to be examined by a doctor who will review your medical records and sign the papers if you qualify?

There are resources available if your doctor will not sign the application (additional fee may be charged, since insurance does not cover it).

Back
Top Bottom