R.I. MMJ laws

Waterfall

Rhode Island

Senate Bill 0710 -- Approved by state House and Senate, vetoed by the Governor. Veto was over-ridden by House and Senate. The timeline follows below:
6/24/05: passed the House 52 to 10
6/28/05: passed the State Senate 33 to 1
6/29/05: Gov. Carcieri vetoes the bill
6/30/05: Senate overrides the veto 28-6
1/3/06: House overrides the veto 59-13
6/21/07: Amended by Senate Bill 791 (SB 791) (PDF 30KB) to become permanent

Effective: 1/3/06
Approved Conditions: Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome, Hepatitis C, or the treatment of these conditions; A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces one or more of the following: cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe, debilitating, chronic pain; severe nausea; seizures, including but not limited to, those characteristic of epilepsy; or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to, those characteristic of multiple sclerosis or Crohn's disease; or agitation of Alzheimer's Disease; or any other medical condition or its treatment approved by the state Department of Health.

Possession/Cultivation: Limits the amount of marijuana that can be possessed and grown to up to 12 marijuana plants or 2.5 ounces of cultivated marijuana.

Amended by Senate Bill 0710

Waterfall I live in RI and am grateful for the heads up.

The Law that was temporary was set to expire and made permanent in 2007 then ammended on 6/16/2009 to include "Compassion Centers" but only three that have stringent requirements such as must be Non-Profit, full prospectus needed for applications but license is only $5000. and there will be only 3 barring legal action.
There are people tripping all over each other for this license, looking to get rich on the backs of seriosly ill patients. Amazing they need to chill, start a garden, step back and relax

Do you or anyne know anything about CA collectives I am thinking about getting one going with a few friends but wanted some backround info about LEO and other variables

Back
Top Bottom