Please Help! Need Rhode Island Doctor

kalikitty

I am desperate, I am in pain, I am very sick.
Long story short, I got caught with half oz in my home and child protective made my son, daughter, and grandson leave my home.

I suffer fibro and cronic pain, sublexation, cronic headaches and migrains, bipolar and anxiety and more and none of their meds help or they make me sick and things are just getting worse.

Please help me. I must find a doc who is open to this ASAP. Im afraid I am going to become very ill from this stress with the amount of stress that is going on and the pain Im in. I am so scared they will not let my children back. Please help!

In an emergency like this you could go to California & get a doctor's note which is good when you come back to Rhode Island.

Not sure if it will help with the previous situation but they would see that you are legit and have a doctor's note.

good luck

I am desperate, I am in pain, I am very sick.
Long story short, I got caught with half oz in my home and child protective made my son, daughter, and grandson leave my home.

I suffer fibro and cronic pain, sublexation, cronic headaches and migrains, bipolar and anxiety and more and none of their meds help or they make me sick and things are just getting worse.

Please help me. I must find a doc who is open to this ASAP. Im afraid I am going to become very ill from this stress with the amount of stress that is going on and the pain Im in. I am so scared they will not let my children back. Please help!

dr.dennis miklovich in cranston reservoir av sorry to hear all this . my spelling sucks. he is the best doctor i have ever met . he is a people person

My heart goes out to you. wheres the justice? you can legally obtain and be addicted to dangerous prescription opiates yet - woe unto thee who opts for a safer non-addictive remedy. its not fair. i wish you the best of luck and i will pray for you.

kali,i sugest u not mention what you are seeking for initially . Dr.s do not want to think that you are only going to them for the card.If you are liegit get all med... records,and approche the dr. as you want the dr. to belive you are ther to be his patient ,not for just the card .From exp.

i feel for you, especially the situation with your kids.We both live in a part of the country(im in Ma) where they just dont get it .This is about you ,but i just wanted you to know that im also in the same predicament,let me know what you find out and ill do the same

Anyone know any doctors for chronic pain.. actual legitimate lifetime chronic pain? I have called miklovich's office 4 times and haven't been called back. Would appreciate any advice guys,,,, and ladies :grinjoint:

Really? How does that help? I know people that have contacted them and say it is a waste of time. So tell me what they do to help with recommendations please, because I have been to one of the meetings and it didn't help.

well you went to a meeting, was it a waste of time.
talk to other patients at the meetings and see how they got
their doctor.

find a new doctor from other patients
and talk to RIPAC to find out which other doctors that
are helpfull

keep coming to you get a doctor.

# Community Meeting: 6:30-8:00pm Tuesday, May 12 will be our open Community Meeting for patients, caregivers, advocates, and anyone else interested in learning more about medical marijuana. Please come to the conference room of Family Service RI (55 Hope Street, Providence 02906). Contact RIPAC for more information.

That is what I am talking about. "Keep coming until you find a doctor." I was told by people I trust that they aren't like other state's coalitions. That you can talk to people at RIPAC for a doctor, or you can open the phone book and close your eyes and point to the doctors page. That's about how useful it has is in terms of finding doctors.
I went to a meeting before and people don't give out their doctors. I am not saying RIPAC people aren't good people, I don't know any of them, but your obviously one of them. I am saying that I have heard that they aren't helpful in finding recommendations.

But real point is. You are RIPAC, you are at every meeting, or most of them? So why don't you just tell these people where to go? They have to go to meetings? Walk around and ask strangers their personal medical information? But my point is they don't know who recommends it, or they don't want to say?

That is what I am talking about. "Keep coming until you find a doctor." I was told by people I trust that they aren't like other state's coalitions. That you can talk to people at RIPAC for a doctor, or you can open the phone book and close your eyes and point to the doctors page. That's about how useful it has is in terms of finding doctors.
I went to a meeting before and people don't give out their doctors. I am not saying RIPAC people aren't good people, I don't know any of them, but your obviously one of them. I am saying that I have heard that they aren't helpful in finding recommendations.

But real point is. You are RIPAC, you are at every meeting, or most of them? So why don't you just tell these people where to go? They have to go to meetings? Walk around and ask strangers their personal medical information? But my point is they don't know who recommends it, or they don't want to say?

I am not RIPAC. Who said I went to meetings.

Do you think you have a better chance finding a doctor
at the 420 Magazine Forum?
Do you think you'll get a doctors name & just walk in for a card?
RI is NOT Cally. RI has no walk-in clinics like Cally.

You want a med card in RI you have to work for it.
You have to educate
your doctor about your condition and cannabis medicine.

If they won't help you then move on to another.
No easy route in a medi card in RI.

If you get a Cally doctor to give you a letter
it's good in Rhode Island.

ANNOUNCING RIPAC'S NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR STEPHEN HOGAN

* Stephen Hogan, Jr. has accepted the position of incoming executive director at the Rhode Island Patient Advocacy Coalition, and will begin training in our office May 18. Stephen currently serves as Development Director at AIDS Project RI. We're very excited to have him joining us!
* Founding Executive Director Jesse Stout will be training Stephen from May 18 - July 31, and then retiring in August. Watch for a separate full announcement welcoming Stephen to RIPAC on May 18. This leadership transition marks a major milestone in our organization's history.

I am not RIPAC. Who said I went to meetings.

Greenday, I read your posts!

" Community Meeting: 6:30-8:00pm Tuesday, May 12 will be our open Community Meeting for patients, caregivers, advocates, and anyone else interested in learning more about medical marijuana." Onegreenday

Notice the word "OUR open community meeting...

Or how about this sentence,

"Founding Executive Director Jesse Stout will be training Stephen from May 18 - July 31, and then retiring in August. Watch for a separate full announcement welcoming Stephen to RIPAC on May 18. This leadership transition marks a major milestone in our organization's history." Onegreenday

Notice the last sentence and the use of OUR organization, subtle words but these appear on your posts on cannibas.com as well. So either you are part of RIPAC or you are acting like you are part of RIPAC, if you are acting than you don't know whether the meetings will help or not, if you are RIPAC than I am saying you guys aren't good at helping with recommendations.

Anyway, RIPAC does great things, I just don't think they are successful at matching patients with doctors yet, which is why I don't know why they are mentioned in this post? And my answer to your previous post is YES, I think it should be easy for a patient with a real need to get a med marijuana card. I don't think they should have to "work for it" or convince people it is OK for them to have the need. I think doctors should educate themselves if they really care, not the patient educating the doctors. So- Do I think I have a better chance of getting a doctor in 420 Forums, or other forums? Yes, RIPAC certainly isn't giving them out, so stop telling people RIPAC can solve the problem in all the forums. Go to a meeting, ask people to talk to you about their doctors and medical history? Done that, didn't get a doctor that was willing to recommend. Talk to RIPAC? Done that, they don't know what doctors recommend... That's all I am saying... The organization is great for education about the law, but shouldn't be recommended in the "I need a Doctor Post" Just my opinion.

Greenday, I read your posts,

" Community Meeting: 6:30-8:00pm Tuesday, May 12 will be our open Community Meeting for patients, caregivers, advocates, and anyone else interested in learning more about medical marijuana." Onegreenday

Notice the word "OUR open community meeting...

Or how about this sentence,

"Founding Executive Director Jesse Stout will be training Stephen from May 18 - July 31, and then retiring in August. Watch for a separate full announcement welcoming Stephen to RIPAC on May 18. This leadership transition marks a major milestone in our organization's history." Onegreenday

Notice the last sentence and the use of OUR organization, subtle words but these appear on your posts on cannibas.com as well. So either you are part of RIPAC or you are acting like you are part of RIPAC, if you are acting than you don't know whether the meetings will help or not, if you are RIPAC than I am saying you guys aren't good at helping with recommendations.

Anyway, RIPAC does great things, I just don't think they are successful at matching patients with doctors yet, which is why I don't know why they are mentioned in this post? And my answer to your previous post is YES, I think it should be easy for a patient with a real need to get a med marijuana card. I don't think they should have to "work for it" or convince people it is OK for them to have the need. I think doctors should educate themselves if they really care, not the patient educating the doctors. So- Do I think I have a better chance of getting a doctor in 420 Forums, or other forums? Yes, RIPAC certainly isn't giving them out, so stop telling people RIPAC can solve the problem in all the forums. Go to a meeting, ask people to talk to you about their doctors and medical history? Done that, didn't get a doctor that was willing to recommend. Talk to RIPAC? Done that, they don't know what doctors recommend... That's all I am saying... The organization is great for education about the law, but shouldn't be recommended in the "I need a Doctor Post" Just my opinion.

Copy & Paste from the link I gave you.
Doctors are NOT taught cannabis medicine in school.
All reference to cannabis as medicine were removed from
medical text when it was prohibited.
You must educate your doctor and tell them how you are using the
medicine for your condition.

Some doctors know more about cannabis medicine.
You'll find out the names of those educated doctors by talking to patients
at RIPAC meetings or on 420 forum if that's your choice.
good luck.

Back
Top Bottom