Cannabis Strain ID Thread

Tiger Balm

Hello, 420Magazine readers,

This thread is for us to post pictures of known strains in order to form a guide for the identification of mystery strains or bagseed.

Here are examples of Satori from Mandala (see sponsor dope-seeds, and others).
seedlings:
phpQ6yBg1PM.jpg

IMG_12182.JPG

hey, plants really don't look all that much different untill they are flowering for at least a few weeks, and then they really stand out different

Got any flowering shots to help build the catelogue?

I know there's a long running debate about just how distinguishable the various strains really are. We can all tell indica from sativa but can we tell the various indica's from each other?

Let's find out :surf:

I think the most telling sign of a plant is definitely its reveg pattern, mutations, and leaf shape - but it only looks unique in context of others. A single batch of seeds for a strain could have many different looks / growth patterns but good luck with your mission.

I'm beginning to see the problem. Here are two Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds co Medijuanas (link found in our sponsor's site Weeds That Please. You can see that they are two different colors of green!

phpmad2siPM.jpg

Well this thread could be a great one if people who knew for sure put a clean photo of a plant they know for a fact is what they say it is. As in store bought stock. Not something someone got for free and was told this is this and that. Alot of people like to tell others its something when they really have no idea what the seed really is. Tiger really a good Idea. These are a good example of the first thing all should know. The left is a pure 100% Sativa and the right is a good looking Indica. Just a thought.
Indo_vs_Satvia.JPG

Perfect! I was putting up pix of store-bought Medijuana and Satori, hoping that the key to identification was leaf shape, size, and color. But those change all the time, i see. Then it was mentioned above that identification was outline of mature plant, but i had LSTed mine, thus distorting the outlines.
So please post pix if you have some!

I have one I just pulled in flower, but flowering it's kind of hard to tell what it really is. They all are satvia indica or ruderalis or a mixture of any but heres Bing Bang it's a greenhouse seed thru sensible seed.
Big_Bang9.JPG

And I also have a recent pic of G-13
G13_Buddage.JPG

I guess this will describe a Pure Skunk that no one can confuse. Skunk aka 'The Pure'
Skunk-1.JPG

Is no mistaking it whatsoever. Any plant that can block the sun out is probley it Enjoy

Here's a Dinafem Blue Widow it is early in flowering still but I will post more pics later for your catalog

This is the only seed I have of the stuff but it has had various shades of purple on the undersides of the fan leaves since day one. The other thing to note is the bluish shade of the leaves and the leaf edge shapes.

SDC10309.JPG

She is twenty four days into flowering and frosty already!
SDC103241.JPG

Good Luck with this catalog :cheer:

If nothing else it will be a good reference when purchasing seed from our sponsors. That way we can show our results as opposed their promotional pics.

Here's a Dinafem Blue Widow it is early in flowering still but I will post more pics later for your catalog

...snip...

Good Luck with this catalog :cheer:

If nothing else it will be a good reference when purchasing seed from our sponsors. That way we can show our results as opposed their promotional pics.

Exactly! I've heard two people describe Northern Lights, now - one said almost no smell, and the other said cat-piss dank. Now that i think about it, adding smell descriptions would be good, too

Well I have another alot of people grow. Kush. This is Master Kush I know it's alittle late into flowering to really be useful as a indicator. I'll try to post somelore later. I have a suggestion, Mr Bates it might be best if we don't use the HPS as a lite. ust a thought, but it's sure a confusing lite to take a pic by. Nice plant tho. Makes it alot easier to tell diff when you use a flash or MH bulb wood'nt you agree? Well heres Master Kush
Kush13.JPG

hey, plants really don't look all that much different untill they are flowering for at least a few weeks, and then they really stand out different

I do not agree the plants i am working with now you can see the diffrance betwwen the sativa dom's and the indica's.This thread is a great idear and i will be posting my four strains that i am working with now babby photos as well as the pic's from my s.a.g.e. grow from begining to end + rep for idear:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom