Need information on the Skywalker strain

RandyL

Who has grown Skywalker? What can you tell me about it?

I've grown Bubba OG and Granddaddy Purple, and I have a chance to pick up some Skywalker clones for my next grow.

Skywalker is a pure indica? What is the approximate length of the flowering cycle? Is there anything in particular that can be done to ensure the best possible Skywalker buds when they are finished?

:thanks:

Re: Need information on the Skywalker strain.

Just make sure it's the Skywalker from LA and not the one from Dutch Passion from Amsterdam. Skywalker from LA is actually the true OG Kush strain which happens to be a Sativa dominant.

This is the Skywalker from LA, named after a good friend and grower, Luke Skywalker. Sativa OG Kush aka Skywalker OG - Legal Medical Marijuana Grow

I called the shop again (I'm in the Los Angeles area). They said it's the strain from "up north", meaning Humboldt county.

I'm guessing it's the good Skywalker strain!:slide:

This is a sativa dominant strain? Any estimate of flowering time or final height of the plants when grown in soil with Fox Farms nutes? And 1400 watts (1000+400) of HPS light.

So what might this Skywalker variant be? I don't want to get it if they aren't the GOOD ones.

Skywalker ® Indoor Dutch Passion Seeds

Blueberry and Mazar are the two unbeatable Indicas. Skywalker is a hybrid product of a Mazar female and a Blueberry male. The intention was to create one of the best Indicas in the world. The special Blueberry taste and aroma are combined in this hybrid with the vigor and yield of Mazar. Blueberry characteristics such as “curling leaves”, slow initial growth, and bluish hues have disappeared in this hybrid, while taste, aroma (fruity and fresh), and the quality of the “high” are retained. It will yield about 400 gr./m2 under optimum conditions.

THC = 12%

Flowering period: 8 - 9 weeks
Harvest time outdoor: 2nd week November

Skywalker from Dutch Passion is not the Skywalker from LA.

Skywalker from LA was originally the true OG Kush strain that came here about 20 years ago from Florida. Someone crossed it with a solid Indica to achieve more of a couch lock feeling so they could get more money for it and to allow growth indoors as Sativas grow really tall. Indica is shorter and bushier, making it easier to grow indoors in LA. The only collective that had this strain was the old Sunset collective in West Hollywood. The grower of this strain was Luke Skywalker, so the owner of the collective decided to change the name to Skywalker. a couple of years went by and everyone was buzzing over the hottest flower in LA, Skywalker. So people started doing research on how to find it and came across Dutch Passion's version in the Netherlands. So they start ordering these seeds, growing them and circulating it around LA as "Skywalker". So there is some major confusion as to what is what anymore. I've been smoking/vaping this strain exclusively for the last 4 years and have no interest in any others. It is literally the perfect medication for day, night, busy or relaxing, in my opinion. Luke is almost done writing the story, we will be featuring it very soon. We will also be revealing the gas chromotography report on this flower as well. Hope this helps until we release the 10 page article. ;)

Hey 420,

Thanks for solving the mystery for me. I've always wondered about the origins of this strain. It sure as heck wasn't an Indica like the one described by Dutch Passion.

I picked up a gram of it last fall from a dispensary (now shut down) on the west side of LA which was more known for it's top notch hash. This strain was listed as a Sativa. And simply called Skywalker. Very expensive, $75 an eighth.

Anyway, picked it up on a whim and was blown away by it. Straight up high, hits like Green Crack, clear and creative but interestingly a very happy, euphoric high. Probably the happiest high I can remember. That's what was so distinct about it.

I don't go to the dispensaries much anymore but if that strain is around I would buy a pound of it. I understand your devotion.

tryin some different strain's this next round...Skywalker, Berry Diesel, Purple Walrus, and SGG-Wrex. Anyone withb some above average doo's and dont's with these please advise.. Growing in hydro low celing almost done with Purple Train Wreck Great looking buds!!

:roorrip:Pic of young Skywalker
MMJ_Skywalker.jpg

Wow, your Skywalker looks a whole lot like Motavation...Magus Genetics...Warlock x Sensi Star

Hmmmm how do I post a pic? I'm new here...:popcorn:

Skywalker, I got her from some branded pot farm came from seed.
I am old school and there we had indica and sativa. Now days witht hybreeds
a seed of this and a female of that is a crap shoot, luck of the draw...lol you can name it anything you want like Blue Diamond purple berry snap fizzle...lmao. Here is a fact from old school to now school...Cannibus-maximus
is a very adaptable WEED throw it anywhere and eventually it will adapt to its environment. So if you baby your plants like air conditioning to keep it in the 70's degree range or to make it cold so it will turn purple and you use a cutting from that you will have heat stress unless you dont keep them cool, however eventually it will adapt to your type of environment. Lets think about that logically. The temperature from the sun is a lot hotter than the 70's in most places in the summer and weeds grow like weeds.
So if you take weed from california and grou it up in the mountains it wont do well at first but will eventually adapt to its environment. Marijuana is the most adaptable plant known to man! No more controversy I hear by name this plant skysizzle...lmao:high-five:

Well... Sort of, but not exactly. A plant (as in, one plant) doesn't really adapt like that. Over the course of generations, plants adapt/naturalize. With each generation, the individuals that are better able to deal with the local environment are thus better able to live long enough to breed and make descendants. Those descendants would be more likely to carry the genes that allow them to survive/thrive in the environment. Those that carry them will be better able to make more descendants, et cetera. This process can be helped by man if a person selects "hardier" subjects and kills - or prevents from breeding - the others. Conversely, with the increasing popularity of indoor gardening and seed breeders who cater to people who are looking for bigger, faster, stronger... The process can actually be hurt if the breeders concentrate on those traits to the exclusion of others.

And another landrace disappears, falling in the forest where no one is able to hear its dying screams.

But if you were inferring that someone could keep a mother, put a clone in a place that has an environment that it is not compatible with, and that if the person keeps putting clones from the same mother (as in, a plant) that eventually they will discover that the clones will start doing well in that environment... Then I disagree.

But I might well have misread your post (and if I did, I apologize). Been kind of stressed and not sleeping lately. Can't be helping my practical intelligence, lol.

LMAO:roorrip: Well maybe i didnt make it clear agreed it will not adapt imediently, nothing will except for me...lol It will struggle wont happen over night but EVENTUALLY IT WILL naturally evolve with no help but from mother nature itself. which you have clearly agreed to!! Shouldnt take more than a year... I guess my point was you can name your plant anything you want to. Over the time it changes hands and growers across the world it will change names anyway. It totally explains the controversy on the skywalker strain.
Some call it Sativa, some call it indica. the one I have from seed called Skywalker is clearly an indica supposed to have 20% sativa. So i dont know for sure. But what i do know that the names are what ever the grower wants to call it...Thank for the reply though great to hear some feedback! May indica and sativa live on forever!!

;) Skywalker: Blueberry (1st prize HTCC 2000, 3rd prize HTCC 2001) and Mazar (2nd prize HTCC 1999, 2nd price High Life Cup 2002) are the two unbeatable Indicas in our seed collection. Skywalker is a hybrid product of a Mazar female and a Blueberry male. The intention was to create one of the best Indicas in the world. The special Blueberry taste and aroma are combined in this hybrid with the vigor and yield of Mazar. Blueberry characteristics such as "curling leaves", slow initial growth, and bluish hues have disappeared in this hybrid, while taste, aroma (fruity and fresh), and the quality of the "high" are retained. Grown from clones at "Sea of Green", these seeds will yield about 400 gr./m2 under optimum conditions.

via Schaffer Library of Drug Policy

That sounds like the strain that Dutch Passion calls Skywalker, not the real Skywalker.

R U reefering to Luke skywalker which is from the west coast? Oh and that last post was the best i could find after extensive research, im not so sure its gospil and surely not hammered in stoner...lol:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom