Making Your Own Reverse Spray

Slick50

This is the least expensive and most privacy conscious way to produce fem seed.

Simply construct a generator using a 9-12v power supply (DC output, if it says AC then its no good) that can deliver at least 250ma (most wall wart type power supplies work, batteries are not recommended since their output varies over time). The supply will have a positive and negative lead, attach silver to each lead (contrary to internet rumors, you aren't drinking this is cheap 925 silver is more than pure enough) you can expose the leads by cliping off the round plug at the end and splitting the wires, one will be positive and the other negative just like any old battery. Submerge both leads about 2-3 inchs apart in a glass of distilled water (roughly 8oz). Let this run for 8-24hrs (until the liquid reads 12-15ppm) and when you return the liquid will be a purple or silver hue and there may be some precipitate on the bottom.

This liquid is called colloidal silver. It is nothing more or less than fine particles of silver suspended in water so it is a completely natural solution and is safe to handle without any special precautions. The silver inhibits female flowering hormones in cannabis and so the result is that male flowering hormone dominates and male flowers are produced.

To use the silver, spray on a plant or branch every three days prior to switching the lights to 12/12 and continue spraying until you see the first male flowers. Repeated applications after the first flowers appear may result in more male flowers and therefore more pollen. As the plant matures it will produce pollen that can be collected and used to pollinate any female flower

Very cool post. I have a whole greenhouse full of males so this is great news. However, it would be nice to reverse some female plants to male and pollinate them and see what comes out.

Very cool post. I have a whole greenhouse full of males so this is great news. However, it would be nice to reverse some female plants to male and pollinate them and see what comes out.

Ya breeding is the natural first step in the growing process. Best of luck to you.

How to make your own feminized seeds using Colloidal Silver or Rodelization (also learn how to make colloidal silver spray)

There are two main methods to create your own feminized cannabis seeds, the colloidal silver spray method or using rodelization. Both the colloidal silver method and the rodelization method are described in detail below if you scroll down. Colloidal silver takes advantage of the fact that female cannabis will show male attributes when introduced to colloidal silver during the early flowering stage. This allows the grower to have pollen from a female cannabis plant, which will allow you to create female x female cannabis crosses and produce your own feminized seeds. Rodelization takes advantage of the fact that a female plant will try to pollinate herself as a last resort when she doesn't get pollinated and is nearing the end of her lifecycle. These self-pollinated seeds will have gotten both genetic sets of codes from the same female plant, and all resulting seeds with be female.

Why do you want feminized seeds?

When growing regular cannabis and trying to produce seeds, the resulting seedlings end up being about 50% male and 50% female. This can be a big disadvantage for the cannabis grower because male marijuana plants do not produce very much THC or other psychoactive cannabinoids. Therefore, when growing cannabis indoors, most growers will throw away all male cannabis plants as soon as they're discovered. Another problem with male cannabis plants is that they can accidentally pollinate your female cannabis plants which will cause them to concentrate on making seeds instead of making sinsemilla. Sinsemilla is the term for cannabis flowers/buds that doesn't contain seeds. Dried sinsemilla is what most growers are trying to produce when growing cannabis. Identifying and removing male cannabis plants can be a bit of a pain and male plants also take up precious space in the grow room until their gender becomes apparent when they are forced to start flowering. So what can you do? If you create feminized cannabis seeds, then all the resulting plants will be female and you never have to worry about males again.

While there are a few different ways to create your own feminized cannabis seeds, for some people making your own feminized seeds may be impractical. If you are looking for a discrete, dependable seed bank, I personally recommend Attitude Seedbank who has a huge selection of feminized seeds.
How it Works

The main method used to create feminized seeds is to take a known female cannabis plant and force her to grow male pollen sacs and produce pollen. You can then take this all-female pollen and use it to fertilize other females. Because all the genetic material comes from females, you will end up with seeds that are at 99% female. So far for me it's worked 100% of the time. Any male plants that do result when growing feminized seeds are probably genetic females that are growing with male characteristics.

There are several processes by which female plants will grow male characteristics. Some female cannabis plants will start growing male organs if they are left in flowering for too long, as a last ditch attempt to pollinate themselves since they were not pollinated by any male plants. Some female plants will also show male characteristics as a result of heat and light stress. But for the grower, the most convenient way to get a female cannabis plant to make pollen is to treat her with a solution known as colloidal silver.

Below I will first explain how to make feminized Cannabis Seeds using colloidal silver, then I'll briefly explain the all-natural rodelization method, which is an all natural though less reliable way to get feminized seeds.

Use Colloidal Silver Spray to Make Feminized Cannabis Seeds Like the Seed Banks Do

Pros:

* You're able to produce feminized seeds using any two female cannabis planst (even clone-only strains!)
* You can produce seeds consistently
* You can control how many seeds produced
* Easy to make hundreds of feminized seeds if needed

Cons:

* You will need to find a source of colloidal silver which well be used to soray the cannabis plants as they start flowering. Your main options are: buying colloidal silver directly, buying a colloidal silver generator, or making your own simple colloidall silver generator yourself (instructions below)
* It is not safe to directly use/consume any cannabis which has come into contact with colloidal silver, though any seeds produced by a treated plant's pollen are 100% safe. Some space-starved pot farmers will use the colloidal silver to spray just the bottom branch of a cannabis plant so they can still smoke/use the rest of the cannabis buds. You can definitely do this, just be extremely careful not to get any colloidal silver spray on any part of the cannabis that you will be consuming.

When a female cannabis plant is treated with a solution of tiny silver particles suspended in distilled water, the plant will start to exhibit male characteristics. This solution of silver in water is called colloidal silver and can be purchased from a pharmacy/online or easily made at home. Some people drink colloidal silver for its health benefits and others use it occasionally on plants to help control bacteria, insect, and fungus growth on the leaves.

However, if you thoroughly mist a female cannabis plant with colloidal silver every day for 10-14 days around the same time that she enters the flowering stage, the concentration of silver ions in the water actually act as an ethylene inhibitor/antagonist on the plant, which forces the plant to create male pollen sacs instead of female buds. The safest way to ensure that your plants will actually turn into males is to keep misting the plants until you see the beginning of male pollen sacs forming. If growing indoors, you start misting the cannabis with colloidal silver when your first change the lights to 12-12, and keep misting her daily until the treated parts start showing male pollen sacs.

You need to let the sacs swell like a big empty balloon. You will be able to tell when they are about to open because the leaf section protecting the pollen starts to crack. At this point, simply take the pollen sacs off and place them in a cool dry place for a week and let them start to dry. The pollen will come out if you shake them about a little, or you can also cut open the sacs to get to the pollen inside. Use this pollen to pollinate female plants and you will get all-female seeds that are a mix of both their mothers.

This method is great because it will force almost any cannabis plant to show male characteristics. Unlike the rodelization method described below, you are not selecting for plants that show hermaphrodite traits. The genes of the plant are completely unaffected. This method will also produce a lot of pollen consistently compared to the rodelization method.

The one downside to this method is that it is not safe to use any cannabis that has come into direct contact with colloidal silver. You should therefore destroy the plant after the pollen has been collected. You will also want to ensure that you clean off any remaining traces of silver off your equipment in case you accidentally contaminate another cannabis plant with silver.

Here are the main things to keep in mind when using colloidal silver spray method:

* Make sure you spray the cannabis with a strong enough colloidal silver solution (at least 30 PPM of silver)
* Spray the cannabis thoroughly to almost drench all the parts you want to turn into pollen sacs
* Spray the cannabis regularly, at least once a day for 10-14 days, starting when you change the lights to 12-12
* Spray the cannabis with colloidal silver every day until you see signs of male pollen sacs forming. Some hardy strains may need over 2-3 weeks spraying before they 'turn'.

Where to Get Colloidal Silver

Colloidal Silver is created by submersing two pieces of pure silver in distilled water, and then running an electric current between the two pieces of silver. The electric current will cause silver ions to be deposited in the water which creates a colloidal silver solution.

Buy Colloidal Silver: You can actually buy colloidal silver which has already been prepared and is ready for use. If you're purchasing colloidal silver, try to find a solution that has at least 30 PPM (parts per million) of silver. However, buying Colloidal Silver that is already prepared can get expensive.

Buy A Generator Kit: A better option is to buy a relatively cheap colloidal silver generator to easily make your own colloidal silver.This Colloidal Generator kit comes with everything you need including silver. All you need to do is provide the water and a container.

Make Your Own: You can make your own colloidal silver generator at home. The diagram below should illustrate what you need to do.

Items Needed:

* 9 volt battery
* 9v Battery Connector (less than $2 at a hardware or electronics store)
* Pure .9999 or 999 Silver (yes it must be pure)
* Distilled water (yes it must be distilled)
* Alligator clips (Optional: but will make things much easier)
* Soldering Iron (Optional: only needed if you want to use alligator clips)

1663487163861.png

1663487173661.png

I hope this anwers questions forum members might have regarding using colloidal silver to create selfed seeds. I put this information up because I have seen Colloidal Silver generators being sold online for 60 dollars and up for what is essentially 2 alligator clips and a 9 volt battery/power source and some silver wire. I have some chem Dawg and also a lemon Diesel strain I want to preserve as well as a clone only purple Urkle. If I'm able to save seeds I do not need to keep a mother plant and have room for more clones. Hope this information helps someone somewhere. This article was originally from growweedeasy . com, printed with permission

Can you smoke the pollinated buds?
Or are they trashed after removing the seeds?

They Smoke

Can you smoke the pollinated buds?
Or are they trashed after removing the seeds?

I've had some outdoor (on more than one occasion) that I grew and from elsewhere that contained seeds. The stuff I grew was pollinated on purpose and I pulled a good amount of beans from that plant. I harvested early not realizing the seeds were present because I didn't see any swollen bracts and had never done it before so I didn't really know what to expect. When placed in a grinder unbeknownst to me there were seeds among the broken down bud. It smoked decent (I didn't have anything else to smoke one of the times). I was high. Try it and let us know what U think. :peace:

Thanks BWC, but I needed to know if you can smoke the buds that were pollinated with the reversed pollen?

Smoking Buds Sprayed with Colloidal Silver

Thanks BWC, but I needed to know if you can smoke the buds that were pollinated with the reversed pollen?

If you're asking if u can smoke the bud that contains seeds as a result of being reversed from colloidal silver spray, if you read the above posts you'll see that the poster/author recommends against it. If u meant smoking the bud that was pollinated by the resulting pollen produced from a reversed plant I don't think there's any harm there. No colloidal silver solution in the pollen sacs. This isn't a concrete fact, just seems to make sense to me. Its like fruits and veggies being watered with water we can't drink but we can eat the fruit from plants watered with non potable water.

Back
Top Bottom