Highest potency strain

You never really know how true these numbers are. THC % is not the only thing that makes good smoke. And Barneys always claims over 20% thc. If your looking for just potency make some hash.

I'm equally skeptical about potencies claimed over 20% w/w. So... just how dried are these?

Interestingly, "normal" (commercial) hashes measure similarly but some "concentrates" go over 65%.

I've not really found any kind that is noticeably sticky when COMPLETELY dry (I store my stuff with silica gel to suck out water- it's always powdered up nicely- if it's 20% w/w gooey THC, i'd expect it stuck together like hash).

That high potency also seems to require that there's little other phytochemicals (cannabinoids, other terpenes, and the like), not much other oils, waxes, etc., not to mention hardly any cellulose, leftover minerals (ash).

But I'm a trained scientist- I don't believe much till I see it for myself (preferably done by me)!

On the other hand, in Michigan there's an analytical lab that tests and posts results- including info regarding standards. Something like half of the tested buds had near 20% THC/THCA ("near" means over 15%). NL#5 tested at 24.3 % total active cannabinoids, with something over 3% CBD. Interestingly, Barney's LxSxDx and Super Lemon Haze (said to be strongly sativa strains- never had 'em) also seem to have relatively high CBD.

check it out:
www[dot]micannalytics[dot]com/results/index.php

-N

Stoney girl gardens, she has some of the highest thc content,

Berkeley Blues 28%
Pitbull 36% - Strongest iv seen
sugar plum 28%
Wrex 28%

Ever seen a grow of them? All hype. Guy I know grew some of their gear out, didn't keep any of her plants in his garden. Flowering times were bullshit as well.

my buddies outdoor green crack did 27% so he moved it indoors first run he got 30% second 35% now hes up to 40% thc in just bud. completely dried and cured and tested. but since buddy isnt exactly along guidelines i couldnt make his name big...sad cause he would be famous for his green crack... doesnt matter.. all that matters is im crawling to my house 3 blocks away after a volcano bag full of smoke... i know theres skeptics that will call bs on this but thats ok. anyone that cares he use a homemade aeroponics system... fabulously crafted might i add...organic everything.. Co2 pumped in... the works.. has a seed mo hes kept alive for the last year and a half. he kept his last mom alive 7 years. hes got this figured out quite well.i pick his brain alot. i thought i might share. :)

There is a site online called Straingenius Labs that does testing and has a pretty nice website for searching strains they have tested and getting some real world numbers. Whats nice is you will find multiple listings for a particular strain, so you can see how much variance there is in a strain...

From searching there site, Ogre OG comes in at top at 24.65% THC
2nd is skywalker PR..whatever that is at 23.33% THC
3RD there is quite a few in the 22% range, Skywalker OG is listed a few times, GDP is in there, Green Crack is in there, and a few others... Seems that from all they have tested, 24% is highest...

Most Hash's tested were in the 50-65% THC range with the glass's and oils on the higher end..

I've seen other's around too but that one seems to have the most available online..

and, no, I'm not in anyway affiliated with that website...I love 420mag and thats where my loyalty is at. :)

Great websites and info. I personally can't wait til DNA strain testing becomes mainstream. I hate how the dispensaries all have, for the most part, the exact same strains with roughly the same THC %, but call it different names so they can claim exclusivity and charge more for it.

i read an article pitbull was tested at like 37% not sure of the truth behind this. very nice strain early early flower times as well as crippled pit.

Nor*caL

I look at it like this, If she does her job like we intended her to then who cares what shes called. Yes some strains are beautiful, If she grew tits and a nice ass I would get rid of my wife.LOL. I think that would be a cup winner. Some of the names get me. I smoke this bowl with a buddy of mine about 10 yrs ago he said it was called GOD. Now i will tell you what, I'm a vet at smoking herb since I was 12 I'm 42 now and I never had a bowl like that could not even finish it.Between 3 people. Nocked me on my ass. He only had an oz and would not part with nothing (asshole) but he said it was called GOD and that was it. Never seen it again I would love to grow that one it would be my main lady.

I have spoken to lab techs here in RI and they tell me its all about the grower. Companies can claim 16%-24% but that does not mean all can get that.
independent growers techniques vary as do results

Im sorry but id like to see a print out from a research lab proving these claims!

not for nothing but just because someone claims thats what there THC levels are dosen't mean thats ACTUALLY what they are. the only, and I mean ONLY way to know a strains THC level is to have it sent to a lab for testing, and even then it ranges from bud to bud, because different buds from the same plant will actually grow at different quality's, just like the top 1/3 of a plant matures faster then the lower 2/3 of the plant.
(givin a plants branch structure, some buds grow larger and danker due to larger branches feeding that particular bud compared to the branches feeding other buds.)

also any product you send out to a lab does NOT return, because whatever is tested can no longer be ingested whether threw smoke, vape or edibles. because that product tested was broken down and mixed up with synthetic chemicals to separate all the organic chemicals from the bud for testing, like THC, CBDs, CBNs, along with the other 400+ chemicals found in cannabis. therefore anything tested is trash once results are in.

All Im saying is this thread is nice and all, but without some kind of physical proof to support these claims where just trading fish story's here ;)

my buddies outdoor green crack did 27% so he moved it indoors first run he got 30% second 35% now hes up to 40% thc in just bud. completely dried and cured and tested.

So... Almost half THC? Not to be a skeptic (but I guess I am), but that 40% equates to each lid of bud containing 11.2 grams of pure THC, lol. And it seems that trichomes are on the surface of the plant matter and are composed of more than just THC, which would mean that a 40% THC bud would be so encrusted it would look appreciably different than an "average bud" (IMO).

Got a picture?

this ones going to go on and on. Look do you get high on your supply. Then quit It does not matter. I wish you could trust what they say about the thc %. I use it as a guide line. Thats what % I could get if grown to her max. All these damn seed companies are full of shit they all claim they are the best.Shit half the time from what I here you can't even buy seeds from them. Oh you pay for them you just don't get them do to customs. I still say bullshit seeds don't smell like that you would have to train the damn dog to smell for seeds how stupid do they think we are. There is a few seeds shops out there that are upstanding.
We could talk about this until the cows come home. They can come up with a test for the at home gardener to see what they got.:eek:fftopic: Just like U.A's in the work place come up with a test that tells them if you are under the influence. But NO! and thats a whole nother thread

Did you physically see the paperwork from the lab on this 40% thc? Or when it was in the 30% range? I personally find it hard to believe...Don't take this the wrong way brother I'm not saying it's impossible just hard to believe :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom