How early can i clone?

You want to wait. so you know if its male or female.no since in cloning a male.and yes 3-4 nodes down for a clone that meens a branch or top if you are going to top the plant.you want to wait a little bit if its from seed.about 8 nodes high for topping.so you get a plant thats about 4-5 nodes high.heres what they look like when you do this.
Nice_.JPG
My_Girl3.JPG

two of my girls.GOOD LUCK!

they usually show their own sex i feel its best to let your plants mature naturally seeming as the males wont be an issue right away anyway just let them go. no point in speeding up the process. switching to 12/12 yeah sure theyll show the sex but why would you mess with their light shedule like that? then you gotta go back to veg if you didnt wanna flower yet in the first place and to me that confuses my plants ive seen that make hermies.. heres an odd theory when i start seedlings i always put a couple female clones around them,my seedlings 9/10 times turn female. plus ive seen ppl take clones sex them get the moms/clones confused and cut the mom n flower the male XD hahaha ppl are funny anyway thats my two cents.

Nor*cal

ive taken clones from a two foot plant been vegged for a month before so idk it was under a 1000w though. depends your strain... seed or clone... how tall how many branches... what kinda light its under..
how much of growth % your trying to take off. i recommend just water no nutes for 3 days before you clone and mist moms at beginning of light cycle for three days before you cut this ensure they store the energy needed for roots :) hope i helped and better answered you ? that time

Nor*caL

well feminized seeds the moms are sprayed with a chemical and the bud isnt even consumable off that plant so to me thats not something i want seeds from :p
plus if its a desired strain i like to take a clone of the most desired male root it and chop the males down so i have a male for seed production... cant beat a stockpile of high grade seeds.just a thought..a seperate room with a little 250 or something works amazing bud em out for a seed production room.. just be careful not to seed your main crop :)

Nor*caL

they should show sex on their own in two months of veg give or take..

i got blue dragon seedlings a foot tall right now monsterous plants
only two almost three weeks old under a 250 mh

Nor-cal if I grow from seed I to let nature take her course. Clones should only be taken from a female why would any body clone without knowing. It don't make since.
so yes you are totally right.

no no no not what i meant i meant the moms that they spray with the toxic chemicals to produce the seeds in question you would not be able to amoke the herb produced by that plant.bacause most chemicals used to create female seeds are highly toxic. the bud produced from the seeds from that plant are fine.

Nor*caL

you can always light poison clones to hermie n seed itself thats said to have feminized seeds produced i never tried it though... but from what i gather they spray females clones so theres no male chromozomes in them with collaidal silver or several other variations and they hermie and reproduce just female seeds.

I sexed my plants when they where 12 to 14 inch tall, once a female was indentified i took cuttings/clones from the lowest branchs as pistils mainly form at the top of plant first.

Out of 6 cuttings 5 where successful.

no no no not what i meant i meant the moms that they spray with the toxic chemicals to produce the seeds in question you would not be able to amoke the herb produced by that plant.bacause most chemicals used to create female seeds are highly toxic. the bud produced from the seeds from that plant are fine.

Nor*caL

There are many ways to feminize seeds.

1. Using the colladial silver is something you would spray on seeds you already have if you want to make sure you have more females than males. This doesn't always produce feminized seeds. But you aren't actually spraying the plant with the silver. What you do is take the colladial silver and put it in a jar of water with both ends of the silver sticking out of the water. Now you will need to pass a low voltage of the silver line negative on one side of the silver wire and positive on the other. In water with the electrical current passing over the colladial silver will produce something in the water not sure exactly what but you spray this infused water on the seeds or you can spray it on a mother plant your using to make seeds. This will definetly help feminize seeds that pollinated from a true male plant.

2. A flowering mother plant when stressed no telling the degree of stress needed could be very little could be alot depending on strain and genetics may possibly produce male flowers. If these male flowers are left on the plant than it will pollinate the plant it's on and possibly other plants in the garden. Any seeds produced from this mutation of a female plant growing male parts will than be a female plant.

There are a couple other methods that I've been told were successful to make fem seeds but not sure what they are at moment. Hermieing a plant and letting it creates seeds is the best way to guarantee fem seeds.:morenutes:

There is a lot of bogus information flying in this thread!! I am cloning blind from plants grown from seed. The reason I am cloning blind is that I only got 1 plant from a 100 old seeds given to me that were old. I believe the only plant to grow to be a hash bud plant and I don't care what sex it is I am going to cross it with a strong commercial indica and make some seeds, so male or female its first duty is to make seeds. It is a very small plant and at 33 or so days pictured below it is only about 8' tall. I took the first clone at about day 29 and it was a very small node from the bottom ... so small I even cloned the single leaves I cut because this is a rare plant for me. All these clones are tiny but they are all thriving.

the hash bud plant at 33 days

DSC_5668_hb.jpg

The two upper clones are hash bud clones

DSC_5665_hb_clones.jpg

the hash bud plant next to commercial plant #1

DSC_5671_sm.jpg

#1's clones

DSC_5664_no1_clones.jpg

Clone tray with single leaf clone on left

DSC_5662_clone_tray.jpg

ok i feel i need to chime in here ilikebike, im seeing mis information galore here, i kept saying what? thats not right? grow your seeds out till they are producing some side shoots with more than 1 leaf on them prolly take at least 2 weeks from seed IF they pop fast and grow fast, plants need to grow a bt to even show sex when you start them from seed in 12/12 3 weeks from seed in 12/12 is pretty fast to see sex! i know i do it all the time, you should veg them for at least a month in most cases,,

then you can takes a clone from each plant mark it somehow so you wont get them mixed up, put the clones into 12/12 lighting, and in about 2 weeks you should be able to tell sex, the clones can root and start showing sex at the same time,,

now i need to clear up a few things i read that are wrong,,when you use colloidal silver to make feminized seed it is not sprayed on seeds, or male plants etc, it is sprayed on a female plant starting at the beginning of the 12/12 cycle or flowering, on part or the whole plant,usually once a day for 3 weeks to interrupt the flowering hormone to the part of the plant that is sprayed

this will cause the plant to produce pollen sacks you can remove to selectively pollinate viable female flowers on another female and sometimes selfed to the same female if the strain does not finish to fast,,since the pollen is from a female it has no male chromosomes and 99% of the resulting seeds will be female approx 1% hermie or less,,

as far as i know the plants treated with pure colloidal silver is relatively trace by harvest there is very little toxicity , and as a side note many ppl consume colliodal silver as an antibiotic and unless your drinking a whole mess of it its not going to harm you especially in such a tiny amount, you have far more to fear from tap water the fillings in your teeth,white bread and fast food!!
a plant can be left to flower long past peak ripness to stress and get those same female pollen sacks
it is very easy to determine sex from clones, heres a link to a few things you might find useful
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know
Producing Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial
How To Clone A Cannabis Plant

Back
Top Bottom