Been in Pre Flower awhile

Tricks

Question, my buddy has been in preflower awhile now, we had been waiting for the only known Kush plant to get ready, The rest come from very mid grade at best weed, but the fact that each bud only had a seed or two gave me hope. Any hoot I was hoping ya'll could help me with a few questions.

1. I read you should not take clones or Fim Top two weeks before flower, so does this been I shouldn't do either of these things now? or can I do it, and just induce flower in a couple of weeks?

2. I also read that the best mothers never flower.....these plants are mostly 18"to 2' except the Kush she is short by 10" I know the best mothers are from seed not clone, but as big and bushy as a couple of these are I'd like to take a clone for the mother if this stuff turns out good I'll keep them if not trash the clones

3. Flushing is just that right, using at least twice the amount of water as the container? I grow organic and had read that you just water the last two weeks, or maybe I misread it? thanks and Peace

1. Some clones respond well to FIM some don't. Test them out in veg to get an idea. If when they respond well doing it 2 weeks before flowering will help increase yield. After they are in flowering there is a 1-2 weeks of stretching. The new growth will stretch and become independent tops, ultimately increases yield. For plants that are slow at regenerating and not responding well to FIM, it may take away some yield if done a week before flowering. Would not have enough time to grow out the new shoot even with the stretch period in bloom.

2. The mother plant should not flower under veg, once the photoperiod is set for flowering she will. Yes definitely take some clones to regenerate into mothers again if the strain is worth keeping, continue growing out the clones and repeat the process of cloning mother into mothers, and flowering out the previous mother.

3. You're correct. Flushing is with plain water 2-3x the size of the container. Do this for the last two weeks after you are satisfy with the trichome colors. Too clear means they are not ready, you want a mixture of cloudy and amber trichomes to appear before flushing the last few weeks. Let it ripe and don't go by the estimated finishing time from the seed description. Each environment will shorten or lengthen the flowering time, so always look at the trichomes. Need a microscope to see the resin glands you can get this at your electronic shop very inexpensive, or take a sample bud and put it under UBS digital microscope (expensive). Remember to let it dry out some after flushing before another flush within the last 2 weeks.

If she remain preflower under flowering photoperiod then shorten the on hours by 1-2hrs to induce full flowering. If the plant preflower while still in vegetative growth, then it will not flower, only a sign that the plant is ready to whenever you are. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Question, my buddy has been in preflower awhile now, we had been waiting for the only known Kush plant to get ready, The rest come from very mid grade at best weed, but the fact that each bud only had a seed or two gave me hope. Any hoot I was hoping ya'll could help me with a few questions.

I will give it a shot

1. I read you should not take clones or Fim Top two weeks before flower, so does this been I shouldn't do either of these things now? or can I do it, and just induce flower in a couple of weeks?

Two schools of thought on this ... you can do both, now and it will work for both. The clones may take longer to root but should give a lot of branching

2. I also read that the best mothers never flower.....these plants are mostly 18"to 2' except the Kush she is short by 10" I know the best mothers are from seed not clone, but as big and bushy as a couple of these are I'd like to take a clone for the mother if this stuff turns out good I'll keep them if not trash the clones

Again two schools of thought. I can't keep mothers so I have started to clone the clones. I have read that folks have kept this going for years. A third way is to take a clone stress it and make it herm and then cross that with the mother and you get feminized seeds. There are may things you can do

3. Flushing is just that right, using at least twice the amount of water as the container? I grow organic and had read that you just water the last two weeks, or maybe I misread it? thanks and Peace

Correct

Good Luck

Thanks 12 and Buckshot! so I think I get it, from what you both have said I can take some clones from the plants now, and go ahead and flower out the origanil plant that came from the seed. Then I can fashion something to place the clones in if I like how the origal mother turned out, I pick the strongest clone and make it the mother....again I think I read its best to keep the plant that came from seed as the mother, but like you Buckshot I don't have a mothership set up LOL so I think I can get some floresint bulbs for now for the clones....until I can set up another area with my 400w MH....I have to add up how many amps I'm using now in my buddys room....if there isn't enough amps left, then I need to find a friend who is an electrican, and won't ask to many questions about what he has in that box thing LOL.....

Back
Top Bottom