Germination time

patmrtnscks

Whats the longest my seeds should take to germinate? I have two blackjack seeds in a wet paper towel in a sandwich baggie in a shoebox in a warm closet. They have been in there since wednesday morning, and one of them is starting to show a tiny little taproot, but nothing from the other one. Whats the longest I should give it before I scrap it and try another seed?

Shortest my seeds pop are around 18hrs, If they take longer then 4 days I throw them in the garden. I've had them pop after upto 12 days but there normally weak/slow growers. Next time try leaving the seeds in a cup of room temp water in a dark place, check after 24 hrs then every 2-4 hours till you see tap root.

Some people say to crack the seed by hand, Ive never try'd myself so cant comment. if you search you find lots of posts about it.

I started the seeds on wednesday morning, and todays sunday, thats 4 days. One of them is showing a very tiny taproot about to pop, but nothing form the other one. Im thinking Im just gonna put them in the rockwool, and see what happens with the one thats doing nothing. If it doesnt work after a few days, Ill plant it outside like you said, and see what happens. Im not gonna try to crack it myself, as I have no idea how to do that.

How moist are they? you need to make sure they stay moist, also do you fold the paper towel, like put them on it and fold it over so the seeds are cover 100% by the towel? you could do the bowl method maybe, but I do what jimm14 does and put them in the dirt if they dont sprout right away, but give them a week before you make a decison since one is showing signs hopefully the others follow.

I put them in between a double folded paper towel, got it wet, and stuck it in a sandwich baggie. Then I put the baggie in a shoe box and put the box in a cabinet above my dryer. One of them has a tiny taproot, so I put them rockwool cubes I soaked in spring water and put the cubes in this black container I have and put it in my grow tent. Im hoping the heat encourages the 2nd seed to sprout too. Im putting the cubes in the clay pellets tomorrow, so I guess Ill just have to wait and find out.

why dont you put it around a heat source that is constant? cause when youre not using the dryer it isnt on, and not producing heat.

It stays a contant 78ish in there cuz my water heater is in there too. I put them in rockwool cubes, and moved them into my grow tent covered in this black container, and put that under a upside down bucket. The warmth in there should stimulate that seed to sprout hopefully.

yea, you could always just put them in soil keep a light on them 24/7, it takes about the same time if youre not someone who is skilled in germinating. Or you can use the bowl method I dont know how to do it, look it up on youtube. But I hope everything goes good.

Well my issue is that Im growing hydro. Im not set up for soil at the moment. Im gonna have to get the germinated seed into some clay pellets, and I guess just put the other one in some bad ass soil and take it outside to see what happens. Either way, if it sprouts and grows, it should still be good herb. And thanks, I need some luck. My last plant died 2wks into the grow. Idk what happened either, it just died.

well lets study what you did in your last grow, how often were you watering it? light cycle? and other growing conditions? nutrients? cause you can learn and grow from what you did wrong last time.

This is my first grow in about 5yrs and my 2nd attempt at hydro ever. My plant is looking pretty damn good now. Ive got a buddy helping me out thats pretty knowledgeable, and grows some amazing dank too. For veg Im using a 400w mh, and will be using sensigrow, and for flower im gonna switch to 1000w hps, and use connoisseur, and all the other additives from advanced nutrients. Im actually getting the 1kw sooner than that, so Ill prob set it up for the flower stage too. Its a mh/hps hood. I should start a grow journal, but I havent really been keeping up with dates.

Note: Not my first grow in 5yrs, technically the first time in 5yrs was 3wks ago when I started my Skunk 1 that died last week.

Well I hope everything goes good for you, you can try bud candy it make your buds sweeter. during flowering once a week. Its something to give you.

Im definitely gonna use bud candy when its time. I may actually use it through the veg too. Advanced Nutes website says use a half dose during veg stage as well as during budding. So Im gonna be using sensigrow and bud candy for my veg, and when its time to flower, Im gonna use connoisseur, bud candy, and big bud. And wet betty too when its time. Whatever I have to do to grow good buds.

another way to speed up germ is to lightly scrap the ridge of the seed with a clean razor blade, this allows the mostiure to enter seed quicker. ive never had to wait longer than 48hrs reguardless though.. typically 24-36hrs for me..

ok im a first time grower, useing bag seeds untill i get the hang of it, and i was hoping any one could give me some pointers. if germd 5 seeds, all but one died. the other four when i put them into me hydro. they taproots started turning black. and clue why?
ive grown other plants, watermelons, cukes, tomatoes, basil, peppers, but never saw this before

I germinated my seeds by soaking them in spring or distilled water for 24hrs and then put them in a wet paper towel in a sandwich baggie til they showed taproots. I did 5 bagseeds to go out in my garden and they were all germinated within 3 days. Then I put them in jiffy pellets til they sprouted. Once the sprouts had 2 sets of leaves, I planted the jiffy pellet in FFOF, and they are growing like crazy. Try that method, its worked for me many times in the past.

Back
Top Bottom