True North Seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard some good things about them and I have subscribed to their free catalogue from their website. They offer some really good strains and have a good variety. I'm considering their 420 deal as it contains all the high end strains that I dream of growing.

Ordered seeds a month ago, still nothing. Waste of time and money. Generic response from customer service about delays from suppliers. If you dont have product on the shelf, how can your website pretend to have it for sale? Avoid True North, jokers and scam artists. Many other reputable sources.

Yup been over a month I'm terminally ill and get a generic response, if any. If the beans would have came in the 7 to 21 days I would have ordered more! I just hope I'm still around if they do ship. The only reason I ordered from this seed bank is because they're sponsors of 420 mag. Funny thing is 420 magazine wouldn't let anybody post negative reviews due to some policy bs. If they would have I could of got REAL consumer advice making an educated decision, maybe they're in kahootz. I'm beyond pissed and with my heart condition.... No bueno.

Let me tell you my horror story. I sent them my order and cash on dec-3-14 I called and was told they got it on the 10th 7 days later. I called back 2 weeks later and it still had not been shipped a week later I called back and was told the guy I was speaking to filled the order himself and it shipped that day now they asked me to buy a t shirt for stealth shipping so I did and I asked him did you put my order in the t shirt to ship and he said sure did. I got my order a week later in a thin white plastic bag NO T Shirt no packing at all just my seeds packs in a stack taped together. If you feel the bag you could feel seeds if you shook it you could hear them. It shut me down for all I know the package was tracked and the feds are just giving me enough time to start growing. They pretty much ruined me and when I called I was told they would send me a free t shirt with my NEXT order I guess he is going to send 2 since I already paid for 1. A lot of good a t shirt will do me in federal prison. But I called today and was told that I am the only person this has ever happened to. Please to all north American growers if you plan on ordering from them look at my story and know no matter what happens you cant say you weren't warned. Please share my story if the story of my ruin can save one north American grower from making the same mistake then some good can come from my loss. Thanks and free the weed.

True North has always been responsive and supportive, surely something that will be resolved.

Message delivered to True North. :Namaste:

They hung up on me when I tried to find out what they are going to do. The real slap in the face is I sent a $7 tip. So I tipped them for shutting me down.

They hung up on me when I tried to find out what they are going to do. The real slap in the face is I sent a $7 tip. So I tipped them for shutting me down.

Still no word from true north. To them its no big deal oh we forgot to send the t shirt we will send it next time But its a big deal here in north America I didn't want a t shirt I wanted stealth shipping now I cant even plant what I have because with the way they shipped its very possible I am on a list to get busted they could just be waiting for me to have plants instead of seeds. I have a $3000 grow room that can never be used thanks to them. How can they fix that? Like I said they ruined me.

I'm trying bonza. Herbies seems legit. Bonza had a better selection Imo. I'd currently still prefer my favorite seed bank that I can't mention. But who knows maybe bonza is gonna blow me away. Only down fall is they don't carry a few breeders that are just the greatest

Hey Dutty, I wanted to try Bonza too...I'm always looking for other seed banks and am not afraid of trying new banks as long as they are legit and deliver on their mandate. It's always good to have a backup plan in case plan A goes fubar. I was about to drop a ton of dough on True North esp since im big on canadian seeds as it is local to me. I just hope everyone here either gets their money back or gets the product that they ordered, I empathize with you guys i know what it is like to be ripped off

Seedsman is a really good one, I often find myself on there site adding beans to the cart and then trying to resist burning through all my loyalty points. Just trying, add some stuff to the cart and hit checkout, with the promos you wouldn't believe a ll the freebies you can get spending under $100. Seedsman themselves have some good beans $25 for ten for there strains buy 30 seeds for $75, get a bunch of freebies...

Hold on I am on there site... must resist Promos' must not click checkout and stealth shipping, ahhh saving $10 with loyalty points... OMG it is such a good deal. Must resist...

All kidding aside I never had a bad experience with Seedsman :)

well I got my t shirt today along with 4 seeds. I may give them another try if I ever build another grow room but I had to get rid of the room I had because I just don't feel safe after the way there first order was sent. I feel like I am being watched now. But at least they sent something

Hi Guys,

My name is Jack and I am responsible for True North Seed Bank's new website and recent marketing activities. I live in UK and work with them remotely as independent contractor, but last week I flew over to Canada to meet them personally and discuss all the recent issues and negative feedback, caused mainly by the explosive growth they had experienced.

I'll address the most common complaints below, but first of all — if you still have unresolved issues with TNSB, please email me at jack@truenorthseedbank.com and I will personally make sure that your problem is resolved asap to your satisfaction. Please provide your order number and description of the problem and/or your nick on the forum with a link where you described your issue.

Ok, let's deal with the issues.

1. "No tracking number was sent". This one I'm afraid is true for many customers and I can only apologize on True North Seed Bank behalf.

The launch of the new website was rushed a bit and the team didn't get a complete training with the new platform. In result, unfortunately, there are few hundreds orders on the system, that were not properly "Shipped". That's why some of you still see your orders as "Processing". In fact, 99% of those orders have tracking numbers added as internal comments, so they were never visible or e-mailed to customers. We're in the process of clearing them all out, all new orders should be processed properly now.

2. "No phones are answered". This is definitely not true. Phones are answered 7 days a week, 9AM to 9PM EST. Some of the guys actually wear headsets all the time so they can answer phones even if they're not at their desks.

Quite many customers place orders over the phone, what can last up to 10-15 minutes, especially if a customer needs advice on "what to get this time". Some of the returning customers just like to have a chat. In peak times you might wait 15-20 mins for the phone to be picked up, but trust me — it will be answered. They are actually getting new phone lines installed at the office this week to cope with the increasing number of phone calls.

3. "Emails are not answered". This is a bit tricky. They answer all e-mails they get, but you have to consider the fact, that e-mails may end up in the junk folder sometimes and many people just don't check that folder. It actually works both ways, you may miss e-mails sent from TNSB support team, the same as they can miss your e-mails.

The current setup with one mailbox isn't perfect to handle a large number of queries so I've started setting up a proper customer helpdesk system which will integrate with the e-commerce platform and will ensure that all queries are logged as tickets and accessible online. I've implemented a similar system while working for Seedsman few years ago and I believe it's working well for them.

4. TNSB is "one man with no seeds / scam artists / thieves / etc". It's actually not. It is one man with a vision to provide North America with a choice of seeds from brands a bit different than every other seed store in the region. And with a team of 6-8 people (2 help out part time) who work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, shipping out your orders and providing customer support.

5. "Their skype account is fake." This turned out to be true — please accept my apologies if you tried to speak to TNSB on skype. They were discussing providing support on skype when they were starting out, and while they never decided to do it, the previous developer added that address to the previous website and forgot to remove it. I just copied it on the new site assuming it's a working one. Sorry about it.

6. "Positive / negative reviews are fake". Even if some of them are, TNSB had nothing to do with them. As for the negative reviews, I can understand they are written by new users, as it's probably the negative experience that made them finally register and write their post on the forum. Similarly, if you a seedbank that you had a very good experience with, being trashed on the forums, it might get you to sign up to voice your opinion. Either way... the forums win ;)

I hope I managed to clear the air regarding the recent issues with TNSB orders. Please get in touch if you have some unresolved issues and I'll be glad to help.

I'd like to thank you for all your comments — both the positive and the negative, which highlighted the areas where TNSB needs to improve. Also a special thank you to 420 Magazine, for patiently working with us to resolve the issues of their community.

Have a greatly stoned day,

Jack Tee
jack@truenorthseedbank.com

Please read my story on page 1 of this thread you may not want to get a package in the mail from them but no matter what happens you cant say you weren't warned. I sent jack a email to give him a chance to make it right just because they got a huge selection but that don't really matter if they are delivered by the DEA. Whatever jack does I will be sure to post it here as soon as it happens. Thanks and free the weed.

Please read my story on page 1 of this thread you may not want to get a package in the mail from them but no matter what happens you cant say you weren't warned. I sent jack a email to give him a chance to make it right just because they got a huge selection but that don't really matter if they are delivered by the DEA. Whatever jack does I will be sure to post it here as soon as it happens. Thanks and free the weed.

Thank you for getting in touch. I've replied to your e-mail.

I got your email. Sounds like your calling me a scammer. I placed one order they sent two packages after I called several times that alone should tell you they messed up but even then they knew they screwed up they at least knew it was there bad not mine. Every word I have typed here and to you is 100% true. I never said I didn't get what I ordered I said they messed up the stealth shipping I had to pay extra for so bad Christmas is all that saved me. And maybe all you get is a letter saying they were confiscated but if you get a letter that means your address is on some government list. Good luck getting any sleep growing at that address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom