Purple Kush Questions

Hey everybody!

Does anybody know how much Purple Kush stretches? I know it's an Indica, but they seem to be getting taller than I thought in veg... So that makes me curious for flower.

If anybody has any info it would be greatly appreciated!

Much love and respect!
Sphnx

The environment (light wavelength and frequency,temperature,humidity) plays a role in the genetic expression, even a heavily dominated indica lineage can grow like a sativa. It's all based off probability, and expression based off the environment. There are no guarantees in nature.

You probably just have a lankier phenotype, which is usually the result of higher giberellins content (which causes stem elongation).

Do you have any idea what generation the seeds are? First generation seeds have much more wild swings in phenotypes.

The environment (light wavelength and frequency,temperature,humidity) plays a role in the genetic expression, even a heavily dominated indica lineage can grow like a sativa. It's all based off probability, and expression based off the environment. There are no guarantees in nature.

You probably just have a lankier phenotype, which is usually the result of higher giberellins content (which causes stem elongation).

Do you have any idea what generation the seeds are? First generation seeds have much more wild swings in phenotypes.

They are from a mother plant that has been around for years and years. So the only thing I am 100% sure of is that it is the original Purple Kush, not a variant.

Hi Sphnx i'm a first time grower and am trying to grow purple kush from seed but it looks like im having some problems can you take a look at my photos and give me some advice? think I need to flush and less feed ? my photos are all purple kush from crop king seeds 17 days old now , any advice would be appreciated

First time grower needs some advice please
Hi I hope someone can help me out this is my first attempt at growing . Im trying to grow Purple Kush from Crop King seeds and I noticed the first set of leaves started to dry up from the tip\'s inwards with a few minor brown spots that havent got bigger or spread, my main concern is the tips of the leaves are pointing up and I know if its my PH or if its heat stress or nute burn ? this is my setup ...

November 5th I placed the germinated seeds into a plastic beer cup in promix HP with a ph of 7ish and placed them under a single t5 light that I left on 24 hours for 7 days before I placed them under my 600w MH air cooled light as I found it hard to maintain temps higher then 73 to 75F humidity was at 60 to 69% 2 days later they were sprouted and 3 days after that I fed them 1\\2 TSP of Bio Root 1-1-1

after 9 days of them been up I fed them 1\\4 tsp of dyno grow 7-9-5 and 1tsp of bio root at a ph of 7 or slightly higher. I don't have a ph or ppm pen yet.

once I could see root hairs at the bottom of the beer cup I transplanted them in 1 gal pots with the same soil promix hp and this time I flushed them out with plain water of 6 to 6.5 ph before I placed them in the bigger pots. Im not sure what my ph should be for purple kush so instead of 7 im trying 6 or 6.5ph after the transplant I gave them a full dose of dyno grow grow 7-9-5 half tsp per gallon and 1tsp 1-1-1 bio root .My temp\'s are 76F 79F RH is around 40 to 50% with the light on 18 hours and low temp with lights off 69F 59% RH

Like I said this is my first attempt and have no clue if im over feeding or if my ph is out? all in all my plants dont look that great but they are still growing but somethings not right. I also bought the dyno grow foliage -pro 9-3-6 should I be using that instead of the 7-9-5 ??? hope someone can help me out . Today I flushed them out this morning and fed them 1\4 tsp of the dyno gro foliage 9-3-6 instead of the 7-9-5 the photos with the numbers on them were taken today 10 min after they woke up . They are 18 days old now , I don't think they are looking that great.
IMG_60123.jpg
IMG_60152.jpg
IMG_60617.jpg
IMG_61054.jpg
IMG_60993.jpg
IMG_61013.jpg
IMG_60824.JPG
IMG_60814.JPG
IMG_60805.JPG
IMG_61234.jpg
IMG_61274.JPG
IMG_61282.jpg
IMG_61296.JPG
IMG_61302.jpg
IMG_61313.JPG

Try lowering your pH to the 6.2 range and up the nutrients more. Those leaves are yellow because of the lack of nitrogen. The shriveled lookin leaves are some sort of nutrient burn. Adjusting the pH will take care of that.

Good luck man!

Thanks .... I'm definitely going by buy a ppm and ph pen in the spring when its not below freezing outside as id have to order them online and don't want to chance the calibration fluid's freezing in the mail. I didn't know what Dyno grow to use so I bought them both , do you think I should stick with the foliage pro 9-3-6 that I used today
IMG_61326.jpg
IMG_61363.jpg
or the 7-9-5 ? I did notice the start of roots showing at the bottom of my 1 gal pots , when should I transplant them into my 5 gal pots???? they have only been in the 1 gal pots for 7 days so far.
Thanks for the help

Leave them in the one gallon's for a while longer and let those roots wrap around the inside :)
Stick with the foliage pro, that looks like a better veg product

Hi , whats your honest opinion on how my plants look? like I said this is my first grow and ive never seen a actual plant other then these ones and ones on youtube, I think they look pretty shitty . Tomorrow it will be a week since their last water yesterday I noticed they were stating to droop and more so today , these photos are how they look after being awake for 5 hours . I think I probably over watered and over fed from the start, if they don't look better in the morning do you think I should water ? or maybe transplant into the final 5gal pot? I was thinking of maybe just straight water next time ? I'm noticing that the bottom leafs are starting to die and the leaves are very droopy as you can see but I am noticing some healthy growth under the leafs, not sure if its normal for the bottom leafs to die off like this ?
any advice id really appreciate it.
thanks
IMG_62473.jpg
IMG_62488.jpg
IMG_62493.jpg
IMG_62585.jpg
IMG_62595.jpg
IMG_62632.jpg
IMG_62623.jpg
IMG_62554.jpg

Hey everybody!

Does anybody know how much Purple Kush stretches? I know it's an Indica, but they seem to be getting taller than I thought in veg... So that makes me curious for flower.

If anybody has any info it would be greatly appreciated!

Much love and respect!
Sphnx
Mine easily doubled in size 2.5 weeks into bud I even topped them twice and as of now my my light is at the top of my tent with no more room to raise it. If they get any bigger I will need to tie the branches to create a bigger gap form my light

Mine easily doubled in size 2.5 weeks into bud I even topped them twice and as of now my my light is at the top of my tent with no more room to raise it. If they get any bigger I will need to tie the branches to create a bigger gap form my light
Hello @tcrisp welcome to 420magazine.
That post is 2014, top left corner has the date.
Member is long gone. :Namaste:
If you go to introduce yourself thread say hi and we can all meet you.
Then get a journal going so we can see your lovely ladies.

Stay safe my friend
Bill

Back
Top Bottom