Making Seeds in the Ghetto - A Love Story

GhettoGro

Welcome farmers :ciao:

I have been asked a few times on how I make seeds in the past. Rather than try to type out my explanation every time, I decided to post a thread showing my method. I have dug up some pictures from a few years back where I had documented the process.

There is no scientific theory or practices behind my method. Just a simple, common sense approach that has worked well for me in the past. Maybe you can take away at least one little tip that may help you in the future. Please feel free to comment and offer up any other tips that may help make any step better and/or easier. I'm always looking to learn more.

With that being said, put on some Marvin Gaye and let's get it on...
(Or if you're like me, crank up some WEEZER!)

----------------------------------------------------------

Six AK47 females at 33 days into flower in the tent and my male is starting to release pollen.

I have had 1 selected AK47 male in another part of the house since all the plants showed sex and the females went into flower. The male was selected by height. I have low headroom in my grow setup and I prefer indica dom weed so I chose the shortest of 3 males.

The female was not the shortest but was chosen for her stature, thick stems and bud structure. This female was removed from the flower tent and taken to a neutral area of the house.
ak47-p01.jpg

I place a trash bag over the whole plant and tear a small hole in the bag to expose the branch to be pollinated.
ak47-p02.jpg

ak47-p03.jpg

This is Studley, who has been hanging out all by himsellf for a few weeks in my music room.
ak47-p04.jpg

I take a sandwich bag and place it over the top flowers of the male and shake all the pollen I can into the baggie.
ak47-p05.jpg

I then take the baggie of pollen and place it over the exposed branch of the female, shake the branch with the baggie on it for a few second and leave it for about 15 minutes.
ak47-p06.jpg

Remove the baggie from the branch and mist brach down good with water. I let it sit for about another 15 minutes before removing the trash bag just in case there is any rogue pollen still floating around in the air. I then mist down the whole plant with my spray bottle. After this I leave the plant out for about an hour before returning it to the flower tent with the other females.
ak47-p07.jpg

Next I take ole Studley out to the back yard and let him finish his cigarette before I chop and discard him. He was one of the lucky dudes as his genes got to live on. R.I.P Studley.

The female flowered for 34 more days giving her plenty of time to have fully matured seed. Then she is harvested.
ak47-p08.jpg

ak47-p09.jpg

After trimming and drying I take my pollinated branch aside and break it down.
ak47-p10.jpg

ak47-p11.jpg

Results: More beans than I can grow out in my small setup. I did not have any seed in any of the other females that flowered with this one. I found only a few seed on this plant that was not on the pollinated branch.

The seeds I have grown from this batch I made were very viable and stable. I even got a "cherry" pheno out of these.

Thanks for checking it out and good luck making those beans out there!

Keep'em Green!

~GG

GG,
:nicethread:
This sticky was masterfully put together! Your wit is infectious.
Much respect and +reps for the knowledge share.
Peace bro.:welldone:

<<<<<With that being said, put on some Marvin Gaye and let's get it on...
(Or if you're like me, crank up some WEEZER!)>>>>>

That's great information GhettoGro.

But instead of Marvin Gaye......I like to take the "Stairway to Heaven" on my way to the "Dark side of the Moon"

Your AK47........."Dude looks like a Lady"

Thanks for sharing this easy to follow seed making journal. :Namaste:

I also put it in my Blog, thanks.

GG,
:nicethread:
This sticky was masterfully put together! Your wit is infectious.
Much respect and +reps for the knowledge share.
Peace bro.:welldone:

Thanks Stage, glad you checked it out. It is a simple but effective method. It works great for me.

This is a great guide. I thought about just doing the bag before but putting the bigger bag over the mom makes a lot of sense and stops any stray pollen. It's like insurance. Did you see a decrease in yield on the rest of the plant you pollinated?

Hi Shiggity, I did not notice any difference in yield except for the branch that was pollinated. I averaged over 2oz per plant for that grow and this plant was one of the better yielders of the bunch.

<<<<<With that being said, put on some Marvin Gaye and let's get it on...
(Or if you're like me, crank up some WEEZER!)>>>>>

That's great information GhettoGro.

But instead of Marvin Gaye......I like to take the "Stairway to Heaven" on my way to the "Dark side of the Moon"

Your AK47........."Dude looks like a Lady"

Thanks for sharing this easy to follow seed making journal. :Namaste:

I also put it in my Blog, thanks.

Thanks RSOiler. Ole Studley did have some ball clusters on him.

I appreciate the comments.

:Namaste:

~GG

Cool guide. I wish I had read it yesterday!

Things went ok on the big date nevertheless. My sticky and fertile Mama Thai was waiting patiently in her room, while Mr Thai Stick enjoyed the ambience of the wine-making room for the last week. I personally carried him in his best suit ( a paper bag) to consummate the budding romance. Both had been separated from each other for weeks. Their shared homeland was but a distant ancestral memory. It only strengthened their lust for each other. His pollen gently swept gently over her awaiting flowers. Ahhhhh... The best date I've been on in years. (Sorry dear if you're reading this...)

Yeah I figured any stray pollen wouldn't cause me too much problem so skipped the wedding dress. Good work on counting those seeds you could be a pharmacist...are you sure there are 196?

I'm going to try the 1 branch method in my next grow. Thanks for the info. My seed crop this time is just 1 huge orgy. I have a reversed Jack the Ripper fixing to get his/her jiggy on with 6 females. Main plan was to self the JTR. I thought it would be stupid to have all that extra pollen go to waste. So I took clones from Tangie and Headband and popped a AK-47 cross to join in the fun. The Tangie Jack is going to be interesting. After finishing the Tangie the clones came from one has potential to be a totally fucking amazing strain.

Back
Top Bottom