Which seedbank has the best Jack Herer?

The best I've ever grown was from kindseeds.com. I think they get their supply from DNA genetics. It was slow flowering (9 weeks) but it was a heavy yield and hit all the right notes. Going to buy some more this week.

Just wanted to grow some Jack Herer and i have no idea who has a good one. Thanks

Sensi Seeds created the strain about 22 years ago. It's an F1, so any strains from other breeders will be at least F2s and it'll be almost impossible for you to get the "full Sensi Seeds Jack Herer experience" including the chance to select the phenotype that is right for YOU from the four that it can produce. Why let someone else decide for you, lol?

As they are a sponsor here, I assume that it is okay to post links to their website:
Jack Herer(R) Seeds - Sensi Seeds - Their Jack Herer (strain) information/sales page (it can also be purchased from many seed shops). There are some reviews (in several languages) on the bottom of the page.

2 Years of Jack Herer | Sensi Seeds - 2 Years of Jack Herer - blog entry marking the 20th anniversary (in 2014) of the strain.

Cannabis strain focus: Jack Herer from Sensi Seeds | Sensi Seeds - Cannabis strain focus: Jack Herer from Sensi Seeds - blog entry focusing on the strain.

EDIT: BtW, Nicholas Flamel, props for the user name. If you're a 680+ year old alchemist, you ought to know a thing - or two - about growing cannabis, lol.

Nic, sensi is the one.. Cost a fortune but at least you can use to breed your own with, if you have the room........I should have looked at thread, thought you were looking for comparisons to one you grew.....

Cost a fortune

Ehh, well... <SHRUGS>. Sensi Seeds sells 10 regular (non-feminized) seeds for €163.00, which (today) equals $185.55 in US currency. Oh, wait, they're offering a 20% discount on all seeds until 5/13/16 - so $148.44. Say you are only concerned with females (which is probably all the average cannabis grower wants) and you only get five of those (you ought to be able to get around seven if your environmental conditions are optimal... but call it five). So $29.69 per female seedling.

I've paid over $29.69 (admittedly, not often, lol) for clones of strains that I really wanted. A couple of those came with unwanted stowaways - which seedlings that you sprout yourself won't have.

One female cannabis plant can produce many, many, many clones. Each of those can produce anywhere from half an ounce (if you are sloppy, inattentive, and unlucky) indoors to, IDK... If the climate/sun is right they literally turn into small trees in areas such as Spain, lol - but call it a pound. Per clone.

Seems like a bargain to me ;) .

Crop King Seeds has a great J.H Auto:thumb: If auto's are your thing that is....
Thanks for input Weedman. I dont have much experience with autos but one of these days im going to grow one. Ive heard good things about CKS.
Nic, sensi is the one.. Cost a fortune but at least you can use to breed your own with, if you have the room........I should have looked at thread, thought you were looking for comparisons to one you grew.....
yea the $$$ issue is why I ended up going with Black Skulls version of the Jack but im not very impressed with them so far.
Sensi Seeds created the strain about 22 years ago. It's an F1, so any strains from other breeders will be at least F2s and it'll be almost impossible for you to get the "full Sensi Seeds Jack Herer experience" including the chance to select the phenotype that is right for YOU from the four that it can produce. Why let someone else decide for you, lol?

As they are a sponsor here, I assume that it is okay to post links to their website:
Jack Herer(R) Seeds - Sensi Seeds - Their Jack Herer (strain) information/sales page (it can also be purchased from many seed shops). There are some reviews (in several languages) on the bottom of the page.

2 Years of Jack Herer | Sensi Seeds - 2 Years of Jack Herer - blog entry marking the 20th anniversary (in 2014) of the strain.

Cannabis strain focus: Jack Herer from Sensi Seeds | Sensi Seeds - Cannabis strain focus: Jack Herer from Sensi Seeds - blog entry focusing on the strain.

EDIT: BtW, Nicholas Flamel, props for the user name. If you're a 680+ year old alchemist, you ought to know a thing - or two - about growing cannabis, lol.
Haha thanks for the props and the JH info torturedsoul. I think my next seed order will include some Sensi Jack Herer. From what I have read the JH is exactly what I need since I luv the sativa high but usually end up having increased anxiety and paranoia. Yea the sensi JH is a little more money but I will make some seeds with colloidal silver and do some cloning and get my moneys worth. One thing I have learned over the last 600 years is If im going to grow marijuana I want to grow the best.

Ehh, well... <SHRUGS>. Sensi Seeds sells 10 regular (non-feminized) seeds for €163.00, which (today) equals $185.55 in US currency. Oh, wait, they're offering a 20% discount on all seeds until 5/13/16 - so $148.44. Say you are only concerned with females (which is probably all the average cannabis grower wants) and you only get five of those (you ought to be able to get around seven if your environmental conditions are optimal... but call it five). So $29.69 per female seedling.

I've paid over $29.69 (admittedly, not often, lol) for clones of strains that I really wanted. A couple of those came with unwanted stowaways - which seedlings that you sprout yourself won't have.

One female cannabis plant can produce many, many, many clones. Each of those can produce anywhere from half an ounce (if you are sloppy, inattentive, and unlucky) indoors to, IDK... If the climate/sun is right they literally turn into small trees in areas such as Spain, lol - but call it a pound. Per clone.

Seems like a bargain to me ;) .

Well shit with that logic there's no real ceiling to what you'd pay per seed.. So we garanteed to get the pheno we want and a strong one at that... Of course you can make money from it and added bonus of being used for breeding, but $180 in anybody's currency is a lot to put up and hope to get the one, plus its over bloody $200 in mine, shit Aussie dollar :rofl: id pay for it, just be up there with the more expensive beans to buy..

I luv the sativa high but usually end up having increased anxiety and paranoia.

When you encounter that in a strain, have you tried allowing the flowering period to run "a little longer?" The 40:60 Rule generally does it for me - but flowering longer than "optimum" might (probably will) take some of the edge off

Also scratch the Greenhouse Seeds Co version off your list. They pissed me off with their false advertising ( 'Winner of too many awards to mention- blah blah blah' - in which they fail to mention that their 'version' was not the one that won any awards. Sensi's JH was).

I literally couldn't give the bud away to my friends. I mean- I did, but they gave it back! You know it's bad when...

Also scratch the Greenhouse Seeds Co version off your list. They pissed me off with their false advertising ( 'Winner of too many awards to mention- blah blah blah' - in which they fail to mention that their 'version' was not the one that won any awards. Sensi's JH was).

I literally couldn't give the bud away to my friends. I mean- I did, but they gave it back! You know it's bad when...
:tokin:Been in your shoes before brother

BtW, I forgot to mention it (in this thread) earlier, but if you are able to order directly from Sensi Seeds, they're currently having a 20% off sale on Jack Herer - and every other strain they sell. That might help make the decision to try the original a little easier to make.

I believe this should answer your question - copy/paste from an article about Jack Herer strains

Best For: Crystal Clear High
Jack Herer from Sensi is one of the most popular strains of all time. It is the clear, clean cerebral high coupled with a peaceful humming body stone that made this strain a favorite of the man Jack Herer, as well as an easy choice for smokers and judges alike.
The original from Sensi grows in four distinct phenotypes, the development of which is a joy to observe in the grow room. The first three have strong Sativa characteristics. Think carefully before starting your seeds, as some of these girls have been known to reach over 10 feet in height. The fourth phenotype has an Indica growth pattern. She stays short, squat and flowers quickly compared to her leggy sisters. All four phenotypes deliver the same quality high that made this strain so well loved.

• Type Sativa Dominant
  • Height Tall and Big
  • Flowering time 9-11 weeks
  • Awards won 11 Cannabis Cup Awards
  • Yield 400 g/m
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering No
  • Growth difficulty Difficult
  • THC level High
For Similar Strains check out:
  • AC Genetics Turbo Jack Seeds
  • Dinafem Critical Jack Seeds
  • Advanced Seeds Auto Jack Herer
  • Royal Queen Royal Jack Automatic Seeds

Jack Herer from Other Seedbanks While Sensi has won the bulk of the Jack Herer awards and offers some of the highest quality seeds available, other seedbanks have made some interesting changes and adjustments. You may choose to grow a Jack Herer from a different seedbank because it has qualities you desire, or simply because it is less expensive than the seeds offered by Sensi.

#1 Light of Jah Feminized Seeds Best For: The Same Plant by a New Name
Light-of-Jah-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

Light of Jah deserves a mention here, because you will see it as you are shopping for Jack Herer seeds. This is simply a Jack Herer X Jack Herer, or another name for the Jack Herer plants we know and love. Many seeds from many seedbanks are sold under this name, so you will find its statistics for yield, THC content and flowering time as variable as those of the many Jack Herer strains listed here. Do your research and choose a reliable seedbank when shopping for Light of Jah seeds, just as you would for any Jack Herer strain.

• Type Sativa Dominant
  • Height Medium
  • Flowering time 8 weeks
  • Awards won Same as Jack Herer
  • Yield Variable
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering No
  • Growth difficulty Moderate
  • THC level 15-22%
For Similar Strains check out
  • AC Gentics Turbo Jack Seeds
  • Light of Jah Feminized Seeds
  • Nirvana Jock Horror Seeds
#2 Vision Jack Herer Seeds Best For: True to the Original Jack Herer
Vision-Jack-Herer-Seeds.jpg

Similarities to Sensi Original JH: In the case of Jack Herer Vision made very few alterations to the original. This is a potent Sativa strain with the clear, creative high and grow room sensitivities of Sensi
Differences: The JH from Vision tends to stay a little smaller than that from Sensi, and her THC levels can be slightly higher.
Tips for the Grow Room: Jack Herer is touchy in the grow room. While she requires a lot of nutrients she doesn't tolerate either over or under fertilization, so watch her carefully for signs of improper feeding. She needs room to stretch during flowering. Consider either SOG or Super Cropping, both of which she responds to well. She will need support during flowering. This is a strain that should not be attempted by an amateur grower, though experts will get great joy and a potent product in reward for their attentive care in the grow room.
Comments: Vision is a good choice if you are looking for decent Jack Herer seeds at a lower price than Sensi. The plants are not as consistently mind-blowing as the originals, but they are about as close as possible.
  • Type Sativa 80%, Indica 20%
  • Height 2 meters
  • Flowering time 8-9 weeks
  • Awards won none
  • Yield 500 g/m2
  • Feminized No
  • Autoflowering No
  • Growth difficulty Expert
  • THC level 20%+
  • AC Genetics urbo Jack Seeds
#3 Green House Jack Herer Feminized Seeds Best For: Fast Flowering, True JH High
Green-House-Jack-Herer-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

Similarities to Sensis Original JH: Strong mental and physical effects. This strain offers the fast-hitting, long-lasting and complex high that makes it worthy of the Jack Herer name.
Differences: This JH strain has a little stronger Indica influence than the original. It finishes flowering in only 8 weeks, and stays to a more moderate size.
Tips for the Grow Room: Try SOG or SCOG to boost the already ample yields and control the size of these plants. This strain does well outdoors, and does not require as warm a climate as some JH strains. Grown in fertile soil yields outside can reach 1200g/plant.[/FONT]
Comments: Green House Jack Herer is a cross of Haze and Red Skunk.
  • Type Sativa 60%, Indica 40%
  • Height Medium
  • Flowering time 8 weeks
  • Awards won 2013 San Francisco Cannabis Cup 2 (Best Medical Sativa) 2010 San Francisco Cannabis Cup 3 (Overall) 2009 San Francisco Cannabis Cup 2 (Overall)
  • Yield 800 g/m
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering No
  • THC level 20%+
  • Sensi Jack Flash Seeds
#4 White Label Jack Herer Seeds Best For: F2 of Original Jack Herer
White-Label-Jack-Herer-Seeds.jpg

Similarities to Sensi Original JH: Mostly Sativa dominant phenotypes, these are tall, large plants with high yields. The high is powerfully cerebral, often nearing psychedelic.
Differences: As Sensi explains, if their Jack Herer is the Champagne of strains this is the Champagnoise of top-class cannabis hybrids. It is not quite the stunning smoke as the original, but it is superior to many copy strains.[/FONT]
Tips for the Grow Room: White Label Jack Herer has the potential to get huge. There are a variety of phenotypes that will appear. Keep your eye out for a plant with high yields, strong Sativa characteristics and a more manageable size. This is the one to save for your mother plant and make future clones from.
Comments: White Label is a branch of Sensi Seeds. This Jack Herer is an F2 variation of Sensis original F1 Jack Herer strain. The parent plants were chosen to maximize the award-winning Jack Herer traits.[/FONT]
  • Type Sativa 50%, Indica 50%
  • Height 5-1.8 meters
  • Flowering time 8-10 weeks
  • Awards won none
  • Yield 100 g/plant
  • Feminized No
  • Autoflowering No
  • THC level High
  • Sensi Jack Flash Seeds
#5 Homegrown Fantaseeds Jack Herer Feminized Seeds Best For: Easier to Grow, Sativa Cerebral High

Homegrown-Fantaseeds-Jack-Herer-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

Similarities to Sensi Original JH: Bright, crisp and energetic mental high. Sativa dominant effects with some subtle and mellow body buzzing.[/FONT]
Differences: This strain is more tolerant of errors and is more beginner friendly than the original Jack Herer.
Tips for the Grow Room: While this strain is a little kinder to grow errors, you should still do your best to carefully monitor nutrients and look for signs of nutrient burn or deficiency.
Comments: Homegrown Fantaseeds has growing reputation as a quality breeder who produces stable seeds with good germination rates. While they can't quite match the stunning effects of the original Jack Herer, they did manage to create an easier-to-grow version that still packs a solid Sativa punch.
  • Type Sativa Dominant
  • Height Medium
  • Flowering time 8 weeks
  • Awards won None
  • Yield Moderate
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering No
  • Growth difficulty Easy-Moderate
  • THC level High
#6 Seedsman Jack Herer Feminized Seeds Best For: Fast Flowering, True JH High
Seedsman-Jack-Herer-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

Similarities to Sensi Original JH Giggly, trippy high that relieves depression, anxiety and headaches. Pleasant body tingle to balance out the mental effects.
Differences: This strain flowers a little faster than the original and shows a bit more Indica influence in the smoke, though not in the grow room.
Tips for the Grow Room: Don't grow this strain unless you have ample room for upward growth. Expect your flowering plants to shoot to an easy 6 feet in height. Training techniques like topping and super cropping can help to manage size, but don't expect to make her a medium sized plant. No matter what you do, this strain will need her space.
Comments: While often listed and sold under the Seedsman name, this is the Green House Jack Herer, a hybrid cross of Haze and Red Skunk
  • Type Sativa 60%, Indica 40%
  • Height Medium
  • Flowering time 8 weeks
  • Awards won Won as Green House Jack Herer: 2013 San Francisco Cannabis Cup 2 & 3 (Best Medical Sativa) 2010 San Francisco Cannabis Cup 3 (Overall) 2009 San Francisco Cannabis Cup 2 (Overall)
  • Yield 800 g/m2
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering No
  • THC level 20%+
#7 Sannie Jack Feminized Seeds Best For: Easier Grow, Intense High and Flavor
Sannie_s-Jack-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

Similarities to Sensi Original JH: The same brain and body tingling high as the original. Upbeat and energetic.
Differences: This strain is a little easier to grow, and responds to SOG and SCOG much better than the Sensi strain. The flavor has a more intense citrus note.
Tips for the Grow Room: Training techniques work well on Sannie Jack. While it is a leggy Haze style Sativa, it still responds well in SOG and SCOG set-ups.
Comments: Many will argue that this is the highest quality and most affordable Jack Herer strain currently on the market.
  • Type Sativa Dominant
  • Height Medium
  • Flowering time 11-12 weeks
  • Awards won None
  • Yield 750 g/m
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering No
  • THC level 22%
#8 Bull Dog Jack Herer Feminized Seeds Best For: Intense Mental High
Bull-Dog-Jack-Herer-Seeds.jpg

Similarities to Sensi Original JH: Powerful cerebral high hits quickly and lasts a long time.
Differences: With so much extra Indica, we would expect to see some distinct differences in the grow room. The buds are heavy and resinous with good yield, and flowering finishes in a manageable 8 weeks.
Tips for the Grow Room: The branching structure of this strain makes it favorable for a SOG or SCOG grow.
Comments: Bull Dog has spent several years breeding and refining Jack Herer. They have added a significant amount of Indica genetics, making this the only Indica dominant Jack Herer strain available.
  • Type Sativa 30%, Indica 70%
  • Height Medium
  • Flowering time 8 weeks
  • Awards won None
  • Yield 500-600 g/m
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering No
  • Growth difficulty Easy
  • THC level 5%
  • Sensi Jack Flash Seeds
#9 BC Bud Depot Jack Herer Feminized Seeds Best For: Similar to original Jack Herer
BC-Bud-Depot-Jack-Herer-Seeds.jpg
Similarities to Sensi Original JH:
BC Bud Depot tells us their Jack Herer has the bright, open cerebral high and mellow body stone that made the original a pioneer of hybridized cannabis.

Differences: BC Bud Depot says this strain shares all the same desirable qualities as the original but we don't know anyone who can confirm that!
Tips for the Grow Room: True to its Sativa dominance, this strain gets tall. Consider training techniques to control her size. In addition to Topping and LST you could use Super Cropping.
Comments: Not much information is available for Jack Herer from BC Bud Depot.
  • Type Sativa Dominant
  • Height Tall
  • Flowering time 8-10 weeks
  • Awards won None
  • Yield Moderate
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering No
  • THC level High
  • Sensi Jack Flash Seeds
#10 Nirvana Jock Horror Seeds Best For: Uplifting High, Huge Heavy Buds
Nirvana-Jock-Horror-Seeds.jpg

Similarities to Sensi Original JH: Clear, trippy and upbeat cerebral high with a mellow, relaxing physical effect. The plants are huge.
Differences: This strain finishes flowering a little faster than the original, but is otherwise very similar.
Tips for the Grow Room: The heavy buds of Jock Horror will require support at the end of flowering.
Comments: Jock Horror is Nirvanas own mix of Haze, Skunk and Northern Lights. They did not work from the Sensi original, but rather sought to create their own version. The similarities between this strain and Sensis Jack Herer are striking.
  • Type Sativa 70%, Indica 30%
  • Height Very Tall
  • Flowering time 9-11 weeks
  • Awards won none
  • Yield High
  • Feminized No
  • Autoflowering No
  • THC level Very High
  • Sensi Jack Flash Seeds
#1 Zambeza Jack Herer Auto-Flowering Feminized Seeds Best For: Easy, Great for Stealth Grow
Zambeza-Jack-Herer-Automatic-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

Jack Herer Auto from Zambeza makes growing this famous strain a breeze, but you have to have patience. It can take up to 12 weeks to finish flowering, but remember flowering starts just days after germination in auto-flowering strains.
Despite the lengthy flower period, this is an Indica heavy Jack Herer strain. The plants stay to a short 40-90 cm in height, making them a good option for a grow box or cabinet. The buds are extremely resinous and look like they are coated with a dusting of morning frost. The plants grow strongly indoors and out, though you need to have a long enough summer to allow them to fully flower.
The Indica influence shows up in the effects of this strain as well. It hits hard and fast, with a strong body buzz that melts pain and eases sore muscles. Don't worry; it still has the characteristic soaring head high you expect from a Jack Herer bud.

• Type Sativa 20%, Indica 50%, Ruderalis 30%
  • Height 40-90 cm
  • Flowering time Finishes 10-12 weeks from seedling
  • Awards won None
  • Yield 30-80 g/plant
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering Yes
  • Growth difficulty Easy
  • THC level Medium
  • Green House Jack Herer Auto-Flowering Seeds
#2 Green House Jack Herer Auto-flowering Feminized Seeds Best For: 9 Week Finish, Balanced High
en-House-Jack-Herer-Auto-Flowering-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

The Auto Jack Herer from Green House only takes 7 weeks to flower, though it takes a little longer than some auto strains to begin flowering, needing 9 weeks in total from germination to finish.
The plants are sturdy, and at an average 3 feet in height this is not a tiny auto for stealth grows. You can try SOG growing to up the already considerable yields, though this strain is very happy when left alone in the grow room.
The final result is a bud that is very similar to that of Green Houses original Jack Herer. The high is balanced and comes in waves of physical relaxation coupled with high speed, racing brain activity that keeps you bright and social all night long.

• Type Sativa 50%, Indica 30%, Ruderalis 20%
  • Height 80-100 cm
  • Flowering time Finishes 9 weeks from Seedling
  • Awards won None
  • Yield 80-100 g/plant
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering Yes
  • Growth difficulty Easy
  • THC level High
  • Auto Hijack Feminized Seeds
  • Original Sensible Auto Black Jack Seeds
#3 Advanced Auto Jack Herer Feminized Seeds Best For: Psychedelic High
Advanced-Auto-Jack-Herer-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

Advanced Seeds auto-flowering Jack Herer strain is another big auto variety. If grown outdoors it can soar to a height of nearly 5 feet! Yields are decent and the bud is all quality.
Expect at least 350 g/m, ready for harvest 10 weeks from germination. THC levels are a little lower than in the original Jack Herer, but you wouldn't know it from the high. This strain is so powerful that many users describe the experience as trippy and psychedelic. If you are a novice smoker, toke with care. The racing effects of the first few puffs will level out quickly, leaving you with a peaceful, euphoric mental high that will keep you coming back for more.

• Type Hybrid
  • Height 120 cm
  • Flowering time Finishes 10 weeks from seedling
  • Awards won None
  • Yield 350-400 g/m
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering Yes
  • Growth difficulty Easy
  • THC level 15%
#4 Royal Queen Royal Jack Auto-Flowering Feminized Seeds Best For: Easy Grow, Balanced High
Royal-Jack-Auto-Flowering-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

Royal Queen crossed Jack Herer with their stock Ruderalis to produce this auto-flowering variety. Like the others, it is easy to grow, strong and handles minor errors in care with grace.
The smell is a woodsy, lemon scent that carries over into the smoke. The high is that beautiful blend of mental and physical effects that Jack Herer smokers seek. As a bonus, it is has a respectably high CBD content making it a good option for medicinal users. This is another quality option from Royal Queen Seeds.

e Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis
  • Height 70-80 cm
  • Flowering time Finishes 9-10 weeks from seedling
  • Awards won None
  • Yield 350-400 g/m
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering Yes
  • Growth difficulty Easy
  • THC level 16%
#1 Exotic Sir Jack Auto Feminized Seeds Best For: Quality High, Lemon Scent
Exotic-Sir-Jack-Auto-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

Exotics Auto Sir Jack is a cross between Sir Jack and Skunk Auto, and is an F6 strain. While it is not a direct offspring of Jack Herer, all of its characteristics are reminiscent of that famous grandparent.
The high is a powerful cerebral experience that will leave you floating in peaceful, creative bliss for hours. This is great weed for mellow social situations, but is too powerful to be a good daytime smoke if you have work to do.
In the grow room she is big and slow for an auto-variety. Give her a full 12 weeks to finish, and make sure she has enough space as she does best without training. She is tougher than her Jack Herer ancestor, and can take more errors in feeding and watering.
The end result is worth the wait. Expect a high yield of resinous buds that have the sour lemon and incense odor of Jack Herer.

• Type Sativa, Indica , Ruderalis
  • Height 100-120 cm
  • Flowering time Finishes 12 weeks from seedling
  • Awards won None
  • Yield 500-550 g/m
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering Yes
  • Growth difficulty Easy
  • THC level High
#2 Original Sensible Auto Black Jack Herer Feminized Seeds Best For: Tiny, Hybrid Stone
Original-Sensible-Auto-Black-Jack-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

With the influence of Black Domina, Auto Black Jack has a heavier Indica effect than many of the JH crosses. The physical body stone settles into your body in deep waves of relaxation, though the bright mental effects are still there to keep you cheerful.
In the grow room Auto Black Jack makes growing easy. Leave your lights on 18/6 the entire growing period, and expect a solid harvest only 10 weeks after germination. This small strain is ideal for stealth growers who can hide it in a grow box or even amongst veggies in a backyard garden.

• Type Sativa , Indica, Ruderalis
  • Height Very small
  • Awards won None
  • Yield 350 g/m
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering Yes
  • Growth difficulty Easy
  • THC level 15-18%
#3 Delicious Critical X Jack Herer Auto-Flowering Feminized Seeds Best For: Large Yield, Hybrid High
licious-Critical-X-Jack-Herer-Auto-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

This powerhouse cross of a Critical Bilbo Auto and Jack Herer is a fast-growing strain with heavy branching and numerous flowering sites. This strain prefers to be left alone. Plant the seeds in their final site to avoid transplant stress.
For an auto-variety flowering is slow, taking up to 3 weeks from germination to begin. Expect the plants to stretch up to the 3 times their original height during flowering. Despite the late start, this strain is still ready to harvest about 10 weeks from germination.
The sticky buds have a fruity, spicy flavor with hints of coffee. The high starts out euphoric and you may find yourself unable to stop laughing. The intensity of the mental high will settle down, leaving you to enjoy a relaxed hybrid high.

• Type Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis
  • Height Medium
  • Awards won None
  • Yield 450-500 g/m
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering Yes
  • Growth difficulty Easy
  • THC level 18%
#4 Sweet Big Devil XL Automatic Feminized Seeds Best For: Vigorous Growth, Speed
Sweet-Big-Devil-XL-Automatic-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

This Sweet Seeds strain is a cross of Jack Herer and Big Devil #2 Auto. For an auto-flowering variety she is massive! You can almost see her growing by the minute, as she shoots up and branches into a small cannabis tree in a short nine weeks.
The buds are heavy, dense and there are lots of them. They are also powerfully smelly, so don't pick this strain if you are doing a stealth grow. The odor is pleasant, a nice blend of sandalwood and citrus, but it will stick to your clothes, your furniture and everything that enters your grow room.
Sweet Seeds bred this strain for yield, speed and vigorous growth, and they succeeded on all three. The high is not as euphoric or joyous as some of the other Jack Herer blends, but it is a nice relaxing hit that eases muscle tension and can help you unwind after a long day.

• Height Medium
  • Flowering time Finishes 9 weeks from seedling
  • Awards won None
  • Yield 400-600 g/m
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering Yes
  • Growth difficulty Easy
  • THC level High
#5 Auto Hijack Auto-Flowering Feminized Seeds Best For: Small Size, Stable
Auto-Hijack-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

This strain from Auto Seeds has Jack Herer and AK47 coupled with Ruderalis genetics. The result is a stable strain that is ready for harvest only 10 weeks after germination.
The shape of this plant is somewhat unique. It is very much a Sativa with tall, perfectly shaped flowers and an open structure, but it stays tiny, often under 2 feet in height. You can boost yields with LST or by adding side lights to maximize the production from side branches.
The buds are sticky with resin and have the characteristic lemon pepper scent of Jack Herer. Surprisingly, considering its parent plants, the high can be a bit slow to hit you. When it does it is predominantly a Sativa effect with a euphoric, peaceful mental stimulation. There is an underlying body buzz that balances it out and makes for an all-around pleasant smoking experience.

• Height 40-70 cm
  • Awards won None
  • Yield High
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering Yes
  • Growth difficulty Easy
  • THC level High
#6 AC Genetics Turbo Jack Auto-Flowering Feminized Best For: Motivating High, Small Size
AC-Genetics-Turbo-Jack-Seeds.jpg

AC Genetics crossed Quick Bud and Jack Herer to make this auto-flowering variety. Ready to harvest 10 weeks from germination, this is a great choice for beginner growers seeking the Jack Herer experience.
The high is energetic and motivational. It is great for daytime smoking as it will make you get up and get moving. Smoke it for a cheerful, creative day of action and productivity.

• Height Small
  • Flowering time Finishes 10-11 weeks from seedling
  • Awards won None
  • Yield 350-450 g/m
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering Yes
  • Growth difficulty Easy
  • THC level 10-12%
Best Jack Herer Crosses It comes as no surprise that a strain as delicious and famous as Jack Herer has been crossed with a wide variety of other strains. Here are a few of our favorite Jack Herer offspring.

#1 Sweet Jack 47 F1 Fast Version Feminized Seeds Best For: Fast Finisher
Sweet-Jack-47-F1-Fast-Version-Seeds.jpg

The fast line from Sweet Seeds contains non-autoflowering, feminized versions of their favorite strains that finish flowering in record time. The result is achieved by crossing an auto variety back to a photoperiod parent.
In this case, they used Jack 47 (Jack Herer X AK 47) and crossed it with Auto Jack 47. The result is a vigorously growing strain that is done flowering in 7 weeks. It produces a strong yield of resinous buds that have a crisp lemon/pine scent.
The effects are mostly cerebral and completely delightful. The high is peaceful, giggly and bright, perfect for relieving anxiety and stress or hanging out with friends. This is great weed for a night on the town or simply to cheer you up after a bad day.

• Type Sativa 75%, Indica 25%
  • Height Medium
  • Flowering time 7-8 weeks
  • Awards won None
  • Yield 500-600 g/m
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering No
  • THC level 20%+
  • Sensi Jack Flash Seeds
#2 Sweet Black Jack Feminized Seeds Best For: Lazy High
Sweet-Black-Jack-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

A cross of Black Domina and Jack Herer, Black Jack is large plant with abundant lateral branching. Outdoors she can easily reach 10 feet in height. The colas are heavy and seem to drip resin thanks to the Indica influence of Black Domina.
The high is a lazy hybrid hit, with a buzzing body stone and just enough bright cerebral activity to keep you upbeat and a little social. You may find yourself involved in physical activity or just following bizarrely beautiful trains of thought.
This is a strain that has been garnering attention amongst the medical community for its combination of powerful physical effects and energizing mental edge.

• Type Hybrid
  • Height Tall
  • Flowering time 9 weeks
  • Awards won None
  • Yield 500-600 g/m
  • Feminized Yes
  • Autoflowering No
  • THC level High
  • Sensi Jack Flash Seeds
#3 Sensi Jack Flash Feminized Seeds Best For: Easy Grow, Functional Hybrid High
Sannie_s-Jack-Feminized-Seeds.jpg

As the name suggests, Jack Flash is Sensi easy-to-grow version of their famous Jack Herer. The strain produces two clear phenotypes: one Sativa dominant with a tendency to stretch during flowering, the other with an Indica style centralized cola and a fruity aroma.
Both phenotypes produce the same joyful hit. The high comes on fast and is a pleasing blend of euphoric cerebral activity and relaxing, muscle-easing body stone. This is not overwhelming weed. Even with the Indica influence, the body effects will not put you in couch-lock, so you can expect to stay somewhat functional.
This is another Jack Herer cross that is of interest to the medical community. It is a good social smoke that relieves nausea and physical pain while brightening your mood.

• Type Indica 55% Sativa 45%
  • Height Tall
  • Flowering time 7-9 weeks
  • Awards won 2004 High Times Cannabis Cup 3
  • Yield 400 g/m
  • Feminized No
  • Autoflowering No
  • Growth difficulty Easy
  • THC level High
  • Sweet Black Jack Feminized Seeds
#4 Delicious Critical Jack Feminized Seeds Best For: Flavor, Clear High
Delicious-Critical-Jack-Seeds.jpg

Critical Jack is a slow flowering strain that is worth the wait. The high is all joyful, trippy cerebral action with just enough physical impact to eliminate pain or tension.
There are three phenotypes of Critical Jack, two of which are stretchy Sativas and one of which is a shorter, bushier plant. One of the Sativa phenos and the Indica both flower more quickly than the 12-13 weeks listed.
The flavor of this bud is exceptional, with crisp citrus notes blended with a musky smoke.

• Type Indica 25% Sativa 75%
  • Height Tall
  • Flowering time 12-13 weeks
  • Awards won none
  • Yield 450 g/m
  • Feminized No
  • Autoflowering No
  • Growth difficulty Easy
  • THC level 20%
For Similar Strains check out
What's Next for Jack Herer
The original Jack Herer remains in high demand, and probably always will. Competing seedbanks continue to attempt to improve upon the strain, typically by adding Indicagenetics in an attempt to make it a little smaller and a little faster during flowering. We will continue to see crosses of Jack Herer as well as new strains released with similar parentage. After all, Haze, Skunk and Northern Lights are classic strains for a reason. Their genes are strong and stable, and they are truly the foundation strains of hybridcannabis breeding.
Jack-Herer-Cannabis-Seeds.jpg

Conclusion Don't be too intimidated by the famous Jack Herer. Yes, the effects are powerful, but the high is such a bright, positive experience that you won't be able to help yourself. You'll be back for more.
In the grow room the biggest challenge is Jack Herer's size. The plants are more tolerant of feeding and lighting errors than you may think. If you can find the space for these big beauties, or feel confident in your cloning and training skills, give Jack Herer a try. More than anything, this strain demands your attention. Be patient and observant, and don't burn them with your lights, and you should be rewarded with a high yield of resinous buds that will blow your mind.

Source: How to Grow Marijuana

Might be even more options. Take what you will... just part of a quote from nevil...

So if we want to go back to a Haze hybrid, we are looking for one not directly related to A or C. So don't talk to me about S.S.H. or Jack Herrer or Diesel or Sage (all the same plant). Double up HzC! I'm not saying that excellent plants can't be produced from inbreeding ..........

Just copy/paste from an article about Jack Herer :)

Think I want to try the Greenhouse seeds version. Because of the slightly more indica dominance and it being breed from the shorter pheno of Jack Herer. In the future I may also try to grow the original for comparison. Could be fun to breed original Jack Herer with Greenhouse's Jack just for the hell of it

Best pst I've ever read Deville. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom