3rd Attempt At Cloning - No Gel

Jwhat201

Just winging it no gel or anything, cutting with 3 nodes, snipped edges off of big fan leaves.

Got a tea cup filled with water almost to the top, moderate temperate Luke warm or so, plastic wrap over the top and a hole poked in the middle, clone resting on the plastic wrap with the stem sitting in the water. Cut it at a long angle the most root space I could get. She's put on the table next to my bigger plant, catching some light from her

No clue if this is gonna work just winging this idea. Tried the dome way that failed, tried no dome and straight into soil that failed, see if this works. Different strain too and a healthier plant so hoping for the best.

Please post your thoughts, maybe correct anything I'm doing wrong here if there's anything.

I know people swear by gels but I have zero ways to get any and I've read posts where people did fine with just water. And the gel just speeds it up or some shit.

So yea thanks for viewing I'll post a pic soon. Any tips at all to get this clone rooted would be great.

IMG_20160129_005927.jpg
here she is

this is my system...

Takes 2-3 weeks to root. A bit quicker in coco than soil. This is a Maui Waui clone I took "just because". No gels or powder used. Just water and time. Lights on 18/6. Good luck!

What you are doing should work. I'd swap water every couple of days.

image35879.jpg
image35880.jpg

I have tried ALL of the gels, powders, dips, and magic pixie dust on the market.
Seriously, I don't see any difference.

i put up a lot of clones, so I am very conscious of cost per unit. I use the cheapest powder I can find in the hardware store. Ph the water to 6.0 or so, put a half ml of P in a gallon of soak for the oasis cubes and I get 90% in about two weeks. If I double my cost and use Clonex and gel and stuff ... it takes about 14 days and I get about 10% failure rate.

~ Auggie ~

i agree with the water swap and liitle bit of heat but i do swear on clonex:cheesygrinsmiley:
if you cant get some use some aloe vera gel...

I took some clones
aa4a602cd66862d1472741c4e4c4654f.jpg
yesterday morning by the afternoon they were all laying on there side looking pretty dead then in the eve I saw them pick up haven't used any gel or anything like that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using 420

keep the dome moister:straightface: spray them a few times a day, than patience... 7-10 days than transplant , set to flower, hope, success???,repeat:goodluck:

You can clone np without any gel its another hype thing imo u might save a day or couple but I am new to cloning and having np just using coco and low nutes.:Namaste: Sry if some of you guys like to buy a lot of extras to grow I like to keep it simple and cheap. GL

Back
Top Bottom