Newbie - Do I need to remove this casing?

PlanetJanet

Hey 420ers,

This may seem obvious but its my first time in the game:cheer:

My seedling has sprouter rapidly in the past 12 hours from not being visible to being greeted by my lady tonight when i looked in the growtent. There is a small bit on the front which i assume is the seed casing, do i need to pull this off? Also when should i transplant this jiffy into a small pot of soil?

:thanks:

DSC012486.jpg
IMG_20160129_WA0002.jpg

Hi PlanetJanet,

I completely agree with JuanCarlos and would not mess with the seed casing. 95% of the time it will fall off on it's own. If after 4 or 5 days it hasn't, it should be dried out enough either flick off with a finger or knock off with a pair of tweezers. Those jiffy pucks (god, aren't they great!) will sustain your little girl a lot longer than you might think. You could easily go weeks in it if you wanted. That said, I would consider transplanting once the plant has reached 3 or more real sets of leaves. Not counting the cotyledon you see now.

Congrats on your new babie girl!

Be well and happy growing!

I'd spray with mist of water, and cover. Usually the next day it's gone. I won't wait more then a day, I want to get the seedling off the food inside the bean, to getting some light above.... I like to use two tooth picks to gently remove the helmet...happens about 25% of the time for me when starting seeds. Don't force it off and keep it moist. Be gentle, when and if you have to do it.

I took it off, it was hardly attached at all. Thanks for the tips guys :thumb:

Juan i have asked you another question on the thread in lighting section (,")

Back
Top Bottom