GDP - Is it that good?

I just got some gdp beans ...they were slow at germinating slow gowers so far there a week old ,,and there slower then afghani1 from herbies..to be honest I'm not impressed,,8 out of 10 germed ..2 germed very weird never seen notin like it there not doing very well at all...6 r growing but like I said very slow growers meanwhile afghani1 has been right beside them the hole time and they look a couple days older but they r same age...all afghanis germmed very nice no problems 100% success wid them and bascally 60%of gdp poppedup ...iv heard on other boards the same thing about gdp slow growers...iv heard they like light nutes ,,,tobe honest basically 20$ a seed gdp I'm not impressed yet ...I personally like vigour plants...but ill see ....planning on making all mothers taking clones and seein what the best of the best keeping them as mothers then other ones put outside in may 24 weekend aslong as weather is good...they will be monsters...if u hear anything about gdp let me know k thanks

no I havnt but iv looked around for any info and a lot of people really like it ...they r suppose to have very wide blade leafs ...there is a couple of diff phenotypes ...all r good but some don't turn purple even if u use very low temps at night...in my area there is only purple kush kickin around and that's it for purple strains so that's why I wanted to try it

Speaking of weird germ.. Check this girl out. Three cotyledons and 3 first leafs. Both seeds sprouted. The other looks normal.

image36338.jpg

that is weird ....iv heard rave reviews on smoking gdp...if I was u I would mark the two u have ...that weird one could turn out to be something special ....mine r month old now and they have caught up to afghani1 ...so far iv been feeding 1/5 nute strength and I slightly nut burned the one ...very low tolerance for nutes ...they are the most smelliest plants iv ever had in veg...I like the node space very tight...if u learn or have any advice let me know between both of us we should be able to figure this strain out...where did u purchase the seeds from ?

They are the original Ken Estes version. I figured at $20ea for regs, they must be pretty good. The fact the price keeps going up on them must mean people are going mad for them. Either that, or the guy is a marketing genius. Still, I figured there would be a few more examples on this forum. I only bought 2 seeds and will absolutely make 2-3 runs of each female. Two for sure as the 2nd run will likely be a good ways into flower as the 1st is sampled. I sure hope the funky one is a girl... We shall see in about 6 weeks I guess. I'll post a pic right after cloning, one before flower, one in the middle of flower, harvest, and a report. With my luck, I probably have a couple of young boys.

mine are the same seeds ....let me know if u see preflowers mine just over four weeks don't see any ...im hopin they do preflower ....I bought a 10 pack ....not cheap right now I have 6 gdps hopin for some preflowers then after 6-8 weeks clone some...see what moms I want to keep...

Mine seems to be a different pheno, thinner bladed leaves, still very small but showing preflowers all over around day 37, seems to be a lot darker than my other seedlings too ;) I bought three seeds from bonza labelled as Grand Daddy Purp - Grand Daddy Purp Regular seeds and only have one in right now :Namaste:

Screenshot_630.png

Thanks mate, yeah i was going to top her when i topped my other seedlings around a week and a half ago but GDP is just stacking nodes so tight i thought i would leave it for a few more to form, then the preflowers started lol, all good though, she will be moved closer to the light over the next few days to see if that helps as im seeing trichomes today :rofl:, no issues with veg time as she is a mother plant anyways ;) plenty of time for training :circle-of-love:

Mine seems to be a different pheno, thinner bladed leaves, still very small but showing preflowers all over around day 37, seems to be a lot darker than my other seedlings too ;) I bought three seeds from bonza labelled as Grand Daddy Purp - Grand Daddy Purp Regular seeds and only have one in right now :Namaste:

Screenshot_630.png

They are not preflowers.

That looks like an autoflower

Better not be an auto i paid $25 per seed for regulars from bonza, I will have a closer look today but last i checked the hairs were in a group of 2 at each node. If she is an auto i will hit her with some CS or tiresias mist lol :)

I had a quick look on the Bonza site and they dont even have an auto version from Grand Daddy Purp :wood:

Better not be an auto i paid $25 per seed for regulars from bonza, I will have a closer look today but last i checked the hairs were in a group of 2 at each node. If she is an auto i will hit her with some CS or tiresias mist lol :)

I had a quick look on the Bonza site and they dont even have an auto version from Grand Daddy Purp :wood:

What's your light schedule? She is definitely flowering. Good Luck!

Thanks mate, Light schedule is 18/6 under 400w MH, in with all of my other veg girls which is a dedicated 4x4 Veg tent, will leave it a week or so and if flowering increases will hit it with either some pollen or CS, then germ another :rofl:

If this turns out to be an Auto then this is the last time i shop with bonza, had issues before with them, never had an issue with seedsman or herbies.

edit....
i keep forgetting to answer your question mate, I have never smoked or grown this strain before, gone for a more colorful garden this time around and heard good things.

Back
Top Bottom