Cloning - The Easy Way by Aquagrower

AquaGrower

Lets get this started by saying that I am far from an expert grower, but I have been asked to share my method so here it goes. I will let my pictures do most of the talking and do my best to describe everything within. Lets get started!

Here's a top view of the fine lady we'll be taking our clone from:
DSC_0484_Small_2_.jpg

Front View:
DSC_0485_Small_2_.jpg

This is my array of supplies and tools I use for cloning. From left to right we have half a Mountain Dew bottle, tooth pics, cloning gel, rockwool cube, and lastly on the bottom I have my trusty scissors.
DSC_0471_Small.jpg

I take two toothpicks and stick them through the side like shown
DSC_0472_Small_2_.jpg

As you can see, it just so happens to fit perfectly inside the cut off mountain dew bottle right above the water.
DSC_0473_Small_2_.jpg

This is where we'll be cutting our clone from, the closer to the bottom of the plant the better.
DSC_0468_Small.jpg

Just a close up shot of where I'll be cutting.
DSC_0469_Small.jpg

I decided to cut it off one internode up from the main stem. I usually don't worry too much on how I cut it, just remember not to tear up the stem or main plant when doing so.
DSC_0470_Small.jpg

After making my cuts I've laid out the pieces for y'all to see where I cut and how, nothing really extravagant. I decided to completely cut off another internode because it wasn't needed, notice the angle at which it is cut. I also trimmed off the secondary shoot and fan leaf at the bottom to allow for easier placement into the cube.
DSC_0476_Small_2_.jpg

You probably can't see it as well as I had hoped but I have shaved the outer layer of the stem off to allow for easier uptake of water/nutrients and root growth.
DSC_0492_Small_2_.jpg

Once that's done I just dunk the whole thing into the cloning gel bottle and squeeze the sides to coat the stem.
DSC_0477_Small_2_.jpg

Here you can see we have pretty good coverage on the stem with the gel.
DSC_0493_Small_2_.jpg

Now that I've got the stem coated, I just stick it in the rockwool like so.
DSC_0479_Small_2_.jpg

Then, I trim up the leaves by cutting them in half so the clone has less to support and more energy for growing roots.
DSC_0480_Small_2_.jpg

That's it, I just pop it into my cloner and wait for the roots to form.
DSC_0481_Small_2_.jpg

Here is a quick look at my DIY cloner:
First pic is of the pump and spray head, just a basic 160GPH pump with a sprinkler riser and 360 degree spray head.
DSC_0453_Small.jpg

Second I took a pic and short clip of the pump turned on and spraying to show coverage.
DSC_0456_Small.jpg

Third pic is what the bottom of the rockwhool cubes looks like, just a short little bit of stem sticking out. While I do have the stems sticking out from below the cubes it is not needed, normally I don't have enough to go all the way through
DSC_0461_Small1.jpg

i like it good job on that. should put your rate of your plants had like 8 of 10 cloned or 5 of 10 10 of 10 o forth, also

Back
Top Bottom