Mutation? Flowering petioles and leaves!

aloni151

Hi all!

This is my first grow and i have 2 flowering plants in their 5th week of flowering (one is more Sativa dominant and the other, more Indica dominant).

During the last few days I started noticing that the Sativa one is showing signs of flowering on the stem of the leaf, and was wondering if that's a normal thing or a mutation?

Pictures:
DSCF54851.jpg
DSCF54872.jpg
DSCF54932.jpg

It is some form of mutation & only seen this once before on the forums in the last couple years, i wouldn't be to concerned about it i guess.

Unfortunately the mutation is unknown name wise at present ! but trying to find such info is difficult along with disease's effecting MJ it is just not well documented at present.

I wish I could remember the title of the book I read this in, I do remember it was in a MJ Genetics book I was reading when I was learning about seed genetics.

In the book was tons of chromosome information and breeding scenarios. In those passages was a page or two concerning the specific flowering habits of Indicas, Sativas sand Ruderalis. A few of the Sativa phenotype flower from the normal locations, but also can flower along the leaf stem and even the main stem. I have never seen this before with my eyes, but I haven't grown too many pure Sativas either. Perhaps that might be your situation .. just a guess though!

Best of Buds

JB

:Namaste:

Man! I kinda wish it didn't happen to me now.. As I mentioned, this is my first grow and I'm starting to think that a "professor" or someone should've been growing it. they might have more knowledge to maintain and learn from it!
20160415_104947.jpg

20160414_170259.jpg
20160414_170342.jpg
20160414_170259.jpg

Thanks Fuzzy Duck. I added 2 recent photos. Any new ideas?

I did do some research after seeing your post & the mutation was mention on a couple of sites but expressed the buds forming on the fan leafs mainly like your recent pic's... still no botanical name for it at the mo ?

It is quite rare occurrence tho :thumb:

From what i understand it doesn't really form larger bud sites & more like popcorn fluff... some suggest plucking off effected fan leafs due to popcorn bud size.

Could be interesting to see what happens if leaving them alone to see results, i don't see any ill health problems due to the mutation but if you wish to keep a documented article about it for the :420: archive, community to benefit & learn from.

May wish to contact a moderator for change of post title if you so wish ?

Back
Top Bottom