Seeds not germinating

RGF2011

I am having trouble getting my seeds to germinate. I have tried every method, I scuffed all seeds, sterilized them all from the directions for tissue culture. I put some in tissue culture and some in paper towels and some in rapid rooter. One did start sprouting but I dropped the filter on it and broke the stem. It's hard when the hands start to go. My seeds were two years and older so I guess it's just bad seeds. Once I can get one going I know I can clone it. I had good luck with cloning in the past.
Is there and method of germinating I've overlooked?

KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid Just use water, a plate with some newspaper or paper towels put it in a warm part of your home look once every 24 hours. 1-3 days, they pop. I use tweezers to handle them from then on. On average about 10-15 % do not make it the first month. I don't get it when people order 1 bean, with everything perfect it might not grow and flourish but probably will. I appreciate on what I read and have read here in 420 for the past year, it has very much improved my gardening skills. I should thank each of you every evening, I will tonight. Listen for the cough.

I was exactly like you (minus the old beans) when I first attempted growing. I tried the Rapid Rooters, the water method, and the paper towel method. I hosed all of those methods up. But then I found a method that gave me a 100% germination rate: put the seeds in soil and leave them alone. I made sure the soil was properly watered without being drenched, and 3-4 days later I always see my seedlings. Give it a try.

Advice if you decide to stick to the other methods is make sure it's not too wet.

I've growing on and off since the mid 70's. Back then you could just use some bag seeds since most was Columbian, panama and some good stuff from Mexico I don't know ho to spell it so I won't try. might be Oaxaca. I read in a pamphlet I picked up in Houston all about marijuana. I used their method. seeds in a damp cloth and put in a sock on the hot water heater. I checked a week later and there were plants 6" long and snow white. I kept the 2 best and they grew into beautiful girls. One Columbian and one panama. I seems back then before all the hybrid mixed seeds would germinate much easier.

Back
Top Bottom