Real White Widow? Or being lied to?

Hisoka

I see alot of people posting white widow pictures. Some are very nice looking white and frosty, BUT ALOT are just some green buds. Are these people really growing WhiteWidow or is it just some random seeds a seed bank gave and said it was WW I want to know how to get frosty nugs and not normal regular green buds

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I agree with Thunderbrain, hard to tell. Lots of different White Widow strains out there. All the best strains have copies out there. Best to research strains origins and go with the original breeder.

The main issue is there are so many variables to consider such as phenotype, temperature throughout the grow, lighting, nutes, grow method and even ventilation that no two plants will ever look identical, I have 4 WW plants growing currently, 3 of which are milky white furry and overflowing with trichomes, the 4th is just a plain green sugary bush with some orangish pistils and bland looking buds, all from seed from the same bank, yet plant #4 was further from the oscillating fan than the rest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The only breeder currently holding the original parent stock for the original White Widow is Shantibaba (who is the original breeder) at Mr.Nice Seeds @ mrnice.nl under the name "Black Widow" due to a name dispute with Arjan at Greenhouse.

-Doc

go and buy black widow from mr nice seeds.. now you don't have to question what you are growing...

I should learn to read responses..

Fun Fact: Shanti's genetics originate as far back as Neville, of the Dutch concern "The Seed Bank" - which was sold to Ben Dronkers in the early 90's and is now known as Sensi Seeds Amsterdam B.V.
If you want absolutely unfucked with, old school genetics, buy from MrNice.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

His an Aussie and a Victorian, enough said.. his getting into fem seed production, thats taken me out of the cult though :rofl:
That not mns though, it's for cbd crew..

What, Grizz? Got any details on that man? Links?
Shanti doesn't truck with femmd seeds, never has that I'm aware of, and I've known him (under another nick ofc) since Overgrow days.

Yeah sucks doesn't it.. but pharma pay bills, pay lots and lots of bills.. links not allowed, threads on mns, he talks about it..

What I remember is it's only one strain at the moment and it's for cbd crew..

Bloody hell, not good.. I'm not the biggest greenhouse fan but he seemed to get them back on track..

Meh. Greenhouse genetics have been utter shit for years, ever since Shanti left. Imo they're really just a brand now.

I did like the land race "strain hunter" p.r. stunt, but I never saw either Franco or Arjan talk seriously about actual breeding "best practices" just superlative adjective strewn bullshit YouTube videos.

They are.. not originals. Probably made with a different genetic makeup but they still white widows (if you will).. best anology I've read is choc chip cookies. One original recipe But all others end up with chocolate chip cookies in the end. They have been breed to show traits same as white widow. Some might be better than the original. Not right that they need to use the name to sell their strains.

White Widow is at this point almost a generic term, like "Kleenex" tissues or "scotch" tape.
The current trend in breeding is more or less pollen chucking and assigning a trendy name then hoping to compete with 1000 other similar "breeders" all hoping to cash in on the Green Rush.
Take GG#4: It's the stated product of a hermie. Yeah, it's a "unicorn" and it gets lots of love, but it's essentially a lucky genetic defect.
So what do these "breeders" do? Immediately "feminize" it or breed it to an "auto" and get it to market. LOL that's a total shitshow and shows NOTHING but total disdain for both the growers and the gene pool. But hey, "fuck you, pay me!" is the order of the day, and people don't bother researching what they buy the way they used to, so fuckboys can cash in pretty much at will. And they do.
Caveat Emptor should be at the forefront of every grower's mind when it comes to buying genetics. And "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is" is a close second thought.
That said, "White Widow" is best bought from Mr.Nice, but if you want it from somebody else, ask them what P1 stock they used and how they bred the seeds they are selling. If they can't or won't tell you, then take your business elsewhere.

-Doc

Back
Top Bottom