Buyer beware GYO seed bank

Slicknick909

I recently ventured out of my comfort zone so to speak and ordered a few never before tried strains from a different seed bank than I usually use to just diversify from WW and Jack herer. I with the other seed bank I usually use (not sure if they are an approved vendor so I won't mention their name) have had consistent 80-100% germination with hundreds of seeds from them over the last few years. Now I ordered quite the variety of strains from GYO and as soon as I received them I went about my usual germinating process, here I am over 10 days into germination and only a handful have actually even popped. I decided to send an email to GYO not seeking a refund or any compensation, I simply wanted to inform them of the low rate of germination. A few of the seeds were even a pale green/white color clearly not mature and viable seeds. After letting them know exactly which strains had been successful and which hadn't I received what I as a business owner perceive as a very unprofessional reply:

"Thanks for the information. While we sympathise greatly with your situation, we must point out that for so many failures across so many strains the one common denominator is not the seeds, it points to something else. We will happily add some extra Eucalyptus Points to your account to reimburse you for a percentage of your loss, but we would strongly advise you take a look at your storage, your methodology, or any other factors that may have influenced your results."

I don't have any desire to ever use this company again and hopefully I can help someone else avoid the poor quality and customer service!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Wow that's a good way to never get a customer back again I'm having problems with Ghs money maker strain sent it to someone else 2 weeks ago and still have not sorted it out put me off ever buying online again

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah,I'll be sticking to clones or my usual reputable site I've been using and plain Jane tried and true strains for sure!

"Thanks for the information. While we sympathise greatly with your situation, we must point out that for so many failures across so many strains the one common denominator is not the seeds, it points to something else.

How can it not point to the seeds? Sounds like bad seed storage on their end or some mishandling of the seeds.
Must be a hard life selling seeds, lol. Thanks for the review.

Considering they went straight from the package to water to be germinated I'm going to have to agree with you Dean!

That's a rude response from them... I've had an order from another company that I had 0% germination with. I wasn't at fault, I don't believe the Seedbank was either though. X-ray through was what I'd deemed it to be..

Can't blame the seedbank for passing it off though, they be getting so many dudes trying for free beans.. also having to deal with bean killers..

I work for myself also, wouldn't get by without happy clients referrals..

Me? I'm a painter :rofl:

House artist, not mural artist.. sometimes bullshit artist.. can give you a quote on walls ceilings and woodwork :rofl::rofl:

I need a good painter, too bad you're not even in the same hemisphere as I!

Well looks like the only surviving jack herer from them will end up being culled for absolutely horrible genetics!
420-magazine-mobile1388441556.jpg

420-magazine-mobile742303679.jpg
my seeds actually got sorted in the end thank god now just waiting to receive some from osaseed if they come without any problem that could be a good seed bank to use a hell of a lot cheaper than herbie

Hopefully you have better luck with yours than I did with mine!

That sucks dude. Bad seed suppliers should reimburse or go out of business.
If you want guaranteed success go with Crop King, Barney's or Robert Bergman at 420.
I just started Bergman's Strawberry Kush and it sprouted in two and a half days...including Germination.
It's in my Grow journal.

Bad seed suppliers eventually will go out of business..

Back
Top Bottom