Sensi Seeds Hindu Kush

Jackalope

They say it is supposed to finish around 50 days. This is day 72. Covered in white hairs and still going strong. Not to much of a big deal. I have a Malawi that needs a lot more time too. 1 Hindu is starting to show some red hairs and is bulking up. Can't wait to see this bud when it is bulked up. It is bigger around than a pop can now.
grow_1_0141.JPG

grow_1_0161.JPG

91 Days and still going. It is not a problem for me this time because I have the room to get the new starts going. Could be a problem for others though 40+ days extra for a strain is a bit much. All 3 are maturing at the same rate so it is not a lone phenol taking longer.
grow_1-4_031.JPG

Last trim to get light to the lower areas.
grow_1-4_033.JPG

Cola
grow_1-4_039.JPG

Close ups
grow_1-4_038.JPG

Hi.
Looks great man! What size light?
I ran piles of the same HK years back & Sensi's "50 day flower" (or whatever) estimation was shite back then too.
If I recall, 70ish was more the mean average flower time. That 100 day you got going there is nuts!
If i was you at this point, I'd drop the ec to .5 (350ppm) or so, zero nitrogen, and after a week of that I'd go to pure water flush for 10-14 days, then cut.
I'm thinking that after Ravi took over for Ben, maybe something went wonky in their breeding area & god knows what happened, because HK classically has a more indica profile but these seeds you've got show heavy sativa influence & obviously the finish time is fucking tropical! Or, the seeds got mislabeled. There's always that possibility. I've not been happy with Sensi for years, I think they lost some/all of the P1 stock they got when they bought The Seed Bank from Neville in the late 80s, in which case their baseline P1 stock may consist of selections from seed that they tried to replace original P1 parents with, resulting in lots of results from their seeds that don't make any fucking sense.

Once I noticed it was going to go longer I fed it some sea bird guano a couple times. I've been on flush for the last week and won't feed it anymore. Looking like only another week or so. Lights have been on 10 hrs the last 2 weeks. A lot of land races have trouble going indoors so I figured I would give them a push. Dropped to 11 hrs a month ago. I might loose a little weight but not enough to worry about. Hindu Kush is supposed to have more head then body high. My guess it is a cross from way back. Just because it is a land race does not mean it can't have both sativa and indica genetics. What ever it is its packing on tons of huge resin glands. Can't get a good pic of the inside buds but it sure has my mouth watering. Going to suck if its not monumental.
I think your right about Sensi. They have been running on those old genetics for a long time. Genetics got to be muddied up after all these years. I think it was 1986 when I first ordered seeds. I got Skunk 1 and Afghani from SSSC. Back in the days of the Cannabis Castle lol. My Brother in law still has a couple of seeds of each that I gave him. That's a long time to keep healthy genetics.
Funny after all these years this is the first time I used Sensi.

Once I noticed it was going to go longer I fed it some sea bird guano a couple times. I've been on flush for the last week and won't feed it anymore. Looking like only another week or so. Lights have been on 10 hrs the last 2 weeks. A lot of land races have trouble going indoors so I figured I would give them a push. Dropped to 11 hrs a month ago. I might loose a little weight but not enough to worry about. Hindu Kush is supposed to have more head then body high. My guess it is a cross from way back. Just because it is a land race does not mean it can't have both sativa and indica genetics. What ever it is its packing on tons of huge resin glands. Can't get a good pic of the inside buds but it sure has my mouth watering. Going to suck if its not monumental.
I think your right about Sensi. They have been running on those old genetics for a long time. Genetics got to be muddied up after all these years. I think it was 1986 when I first ordered seeds. I got Skunk 1 and Afghani from SSSC. Back in the days of the Cannabis Castle lol. My Brother in law still has a couple of seeds of each that I gave him. That's a long time to keep healthy genetics.
Funny after all these years this is the first time I used Sensi.

Sensi's Hash Plant circa '88 isn't the same genetics as the current one, at all. The 88 was true Paki HP, solid as a fucking rock-the current is some mishmash hybrid piece of shite. Their SK#1, I wouldn't trust either-and that's an IBL they've somehow managed to bork. And they combined their NL2 & NL5 moms then chucked the #2, a HUGE error imo. The only shop using P1 Neville stock anymore, is MNS. I ran SK1/Basic5 from SSSC back in the day, and tons of Neville's gear, myself. Great stuff. Today's market chooses to willfully neglect past history, at a cost of consistency and quality in pursuit of the almighty dollar. I can honestly say that 98% of the genetics I see for sale I wouldn't feed to birds, let alone pay for. Pretty much everything out there is based at the core on Skunk, Haze, Afghani, NL, & Middle East cultivars, yet the majority of growers, especially with the green rush, rarely research what they're growing past a few Instagram posts. /end rant .

Doctorgonzo. Can you please inform me on a strain and a bank that you would buy and recommend. Plz. Ive only been growing for a few years. Ive only managed to get a few decent strains from plenty of orders.

grow n steady wins the race

Doctorgonzo. Can you please inform me on a strain and a bank that you would buy and recommend. Plz. Ive only been growing for a few years. Ive only managed to get a few decent strains from plenty of orders.

With pleasure. .
Any of the Classics Line from Mr. Nice Seeds: Their Skunk/NL, Afghani/NL, Super Silver Haze, are fucking excellent. Bonus: It's always 18 seeds/pack, not ten, because selection is important. No single seed sales-which the thought of, makes me grind my teeth. Buying a single seed. Ugh, kill me. ..
URL: MrNice.nl

Bulletproof Growing In Coco: How To

Mr Nice Super Silver Haze is the original I do believe. Been watching for another run of seeds of it. I have the Dinafem SSH and will try it this fall.
Doctorgonzo I have some Bodhi seeds Angelica. It has the old 88 hash plant in it. Not sure when I will get time to run it. Last count I had 47 different breeder packs to choose from. Plus all the outlaw strains I have. About half of this run is outlaw strains. That's not going to change any time soon. I know all the strains the guy uses before and after his crosses. I've been gifted 1000s of seeds. Both female and regular. That and all the knowledge he has shared with me over time has shaped the type of grower I am today.
So many strains so little time LOL.

Mr Nice Super Silver Haze is the original I do believe. Been watching for another run of seeds of it. I have the Dinafem SSH and will try it this fall.
Doctorgonzo I have some Bodhi seeds Angelica. It has the old 88 hash plant in it. Not sure when I will get time to run it. Last count I had 47 different breeder packs to choose from. Plus all the outlaw strains I have. About half of this run is outlaw strains. That's not going to change any time soon. I know all the strains the guy uses before and after his crosses. I've been gifted 1000s of seeds. Both female and regular. That and all the knowledge he has shared with me over time has shaped the type of grower I am today.
So many strains so little time LOL.

Shanti originally bred SSH for Greenhouse. When he & Arjan parted ways, Shanti took the P1 stock with him & started MNS. Being that SSH is Skunk/NL X Haze it's not as P1 specific, as say White Widow is. I love MNS SSH though.
Outlaw crosses are fuckin' fun! However, my taste rarely runs to unicorn hunting these days. Me & mine are well networked & I'm fortunate enough to have access to a stellar heirloom/elite clone library so I tend to stick with personal favorites like Chemdog D & muck around from time to time with new (alleged) "dank" like Gorilla Glue #4 to see what all the noise is about. (Hated it. Shitty, unstable plant that threw impotent pollen that fucked with other plant's profiles. Not real impressed with the smoke either, I can name 20 cultivars I prefer. That said, we all fed it into a wood chipper.)

With pleasure. .
Any of the Classics Line from Mr. Nice Seeds: Their Skunk/NL, Afghani/NL, Super Silver Haze, are fucking excellent. Bonus: It's always 18 seeds/pack, not ten, because selection is important. No single seed sales-which the thought of, makes me grind my teeth. Buying a single seed. Ugh, kill me. ..
URL: MrNice.nl

Bulletproof Growing In Coco: How To
I really appreciate that. And ive been wanting to try silver haze. Just wanted to go a bank with great genetics. You rock.

I feel your pain with the Gorilla Glue. Sometimes they even grow good and its just not to your liking. Had that happen with the Crimea Blue. Had 4 of them and I'm not a fan. Its nothing about the genetics its just not for me.

I feel your pain with the Gorilla Glue. Sometimes they even grow good and its just not to your liking. Had that happen with the Crimea Blue. Had 4 of them and I'm not a fan. Its nothing about the genetics its just not for me.

We got the GG4 clone from Vegas, straight out of the Josey's garden. Idk man, it was just... Bad, I thought. On many levels. But meh. .

Back
Top Bottom