Doug's Varin and other high THCV strain source

I wrote entire detailed paragraph right now & some how was not submitted So I'm just gonna get to get to the point try Durban poison. I'm from California & I've found it in I.E, L.A & O.C . Dougs Varin is indeed difficult to find. Hopes this helps

I have done a lot of internet digging on THCV in general and Doug's Varin specifically. Linked is an article to the only interview I can find with him. The TL/DR is as follows:

Doug, the breeder is not a smoker or a grower for commercial purposes. He has a farm in Sacramento County called "Dougie's Farm" but you cant find it or him anywhere on the web. The article does not publish his last name. He has no interest in selling the seeds and trying to have the plant/seeds/flowers proliferate. He gave some plants to three different places...Elemental Wellness an MMJ shop in San Jo, a grower in Santa Cruz and a grower in the Redding CA area. This was over two years ago.

The THCV concentrations in DVa are considerably higher than all other strains. The only other one that comes close is Pineapple Purps (aka - Black Beauty) it has about a 3:1 THC:THCV ratio. Durban Poison, Willie Nelson and others don't really compare. So if you are looking for getting the medicinal or even psychoactive effects from THCV, those strains probably won't do it for you.

If you do come across any more information for how to reach Doug or what his last name is, or a source for DVa please post it here. I would greatly appreciate it. Good luck and happy hunting all.

https://www.beyondthc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/OSR12-21-Breeding-up-THCV.pdf

Fascinating article https://www.beyondthc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/OSR12-21-Breeding-up-THCV.pdf posted by mikekiller. I am looking for high THCV chemovars. I went through some articles and videos and found some names. But from what this thread says, even Pineapple Purps doesn't come close to these mystery plants that no one can find. I saw DP available as distillate at one dispensary.; but I didn't know if that was something I can tolerate. Is a solvent used to make this distillate? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom