How I succeeded in feminizing my own seeds - First try!

Gardenseed

Face it, seeds are expensive, and for good reason. (but I'm not gonna get into it). I have better things to spend my hard earned money on. No offence to any sponsors, don't get me wrong. I buy new strains all the time. Matter of fact I have 5 OGxHaze on day 4, and yesterday I ordered 5 Purple Kush. Both from Krop King Seeds. I can't afford to buy 100$ worth of seeds every time I sow. So... lol that being said. I heard of colloidal silver. Read Up on it and decided to give it a shot. If it involves me making my own seeds and saving $$$$$ I'm in.
20170329_100742.jpg

So I'm not gonna tell you all about colloidal silver. It would take me all day. When your done reading this. If your interested, you can pursue it and find all the information you need from the kind people and boundless information database @ :420:

Anyhow, here goes. For some reason when spayed on a young cannabis plants whos just beginning to flower. Colloidal Silver inhibits something in the plants that makes it stop producing female pistils. It then starts producing male "genitals". Yep that's right. I turns into a transvestite. Just kidding. For some reason this magic solution makes a female start to produce pollen of her own. The plant being "female" cant produce any "male" DNA, so being that both parents are female. The resulting offspring from that pollen, will be all female as well. It's surprisingly simple to make "feminized" seeds.

If you like science experiments, this one is definitely worth a try.

to Make COLLOIDAL SILVER (Easy) by SOFISINTOWN in health
Colloidal Silver is the most potent disinfectant and antiseptic, and on-contact killer of viruses, bacteria, fungi and all kinds of germs. My guess is, if you want to make it, you probably know what is does, and how it has been used for the last 3,000 years. Since you can make it yourself and you need no prescription, you will not see it on TV -- ever!
Items you need:
2 ft. common electric wire (any laying around in the house)
4 small alligator clamps ( $6 for 4 at the hardware store)
A bit of electric tape.
3 9V batteries ( about $ 10)
Distilled water $0.99
Saline (eyewash drops) $2-3.00
1 ft silver wire, 999.99 pure . $10-25.00, depending on gauge, a thin one will do fine.
A glass (for the electrolysis) no plastic or metal containers

Instructions in the video.
You don't need a box for the apparatus or soldering anything. twist the wires and cover with electric tape. Just connect your batteries in series to get 27 Volt.
When you are done, clean the oxidized wire with a rough cloth or soda, and store all the pieces in a zip-lock bag until next time.
Store colloidal silver in glass, away from light.

Spray a plant, or one branch (never smoke the buds that was sprayed) the seeds are safe but the pot will be toxic for smoking so make sure you handle this "carefully". Do some homework before attempting.
20170329_095921.jpg

The results, even when I knew what was suppose to happen surprised me when it did. Like magic the plant trans genders, but its Dioxyribo Nucleic Acid remains pure female.
20170329_101124.jpg

Storing the pollen for future use I got a great Idea from the nuttyprofesor to add dry rice for safe keeping against moisture. If your interested in "experiments" he is definitely one to add to your contacts list. (I hope he dosnt mind me mentioning him)

:thanks: for reading. I'm always happy to answer any questions you may have and I'm always looking for new contacts so go ahead and add me to your friends list.

Are those seeds from a self pollinated plant, from 2 different plants, or clones of the same plant? How many seeds did you get? Do you put any thought into what you crossed (and why?) or are you just saving a few seeds? Glad you were successful! Good job

I put A lot of thought in to it. I have some Original land race Afghani going. I Hand picked 3 out of well over 100 healthy 5 week for seed production. Then I have some Lemon Haze I got from bag seed that I've successfully saved for future use. I have 2 Afghani female's and 1 male. From the leaves I can believe that one is Sativa dominant and the other is Indica dominant. ( I may be wrong but I'm learning). I saved the pollen from a nice healthy male Afghani (indica dominant).Ill mix them We'll see what happens. I bet you it will get interesting. I'm also going to try to add some Sativa dominant Afghani to Lemon haze to steighten the gene pool.

You won't find a sativa leaning Afghan :). Many cup winners and staple strain names came from bag seed. There is so much genetic variability in each seed. If you ever want to sample a cup winner, you need to find a clone of it. That said, with all those seeds, you could probably make your own cup winner! Afghan is a great place to start! Good luck!

I got the Afghan from Crop King. I only got 2 out of 10 to make it. (my bad for over feeding). I guess the only two that survived were "good genetics" healthy individual. By some luck it was a male and a female. I let them pollinate the crap out of each other ;) lol, and it gave me over 2500 seeds. :). I've grown twice with the seeds, and it always gives me a mix of "kind of" different looking laddies. Some smell of Diesel when others smell ....well like good weed. I don't know much about it but I'm learning. The pistils on some stay white for ever when others turn red right away. Great plants all around. I'm happy with my "collection" of seeds so far. I have Lemon Haze, Afghan, Started 5 Feminised OGxHaze I got from Crop King. Five out of five survivors this time. They are 3 day old saplings as I'm writing, and to top it off. I have 5 Purple Kush, once again coming from the King himself. So I'm pretty happy with were I'm at for the time being.

I'm on my 3rd Generation Lemon Haze from that very first seed. Thing is that I didn't know what I was doing at first. Did a lot of research for the next grow, and every time, the outcome is getting better and better. I now have a 5 weeker in ebb and flow and it's growing like in my wildest dreams!. Oh the possibilities ;)

I always get male plants out of the main tent when I see sighs of testicles. I set them out by a window.

Interesting thread. Congratulations on your seed crop. I have 2 plants regenerating so I can make so female seeds. I've made regulars before but not often. I have heard of the Colloidal Silver method from a friend who had used it before. He now uses a different spray. Check into Tiresias Mist. Its the same idea as the colloidal silver but it is a lot easier on your plants. It cost 60 dollars at Amazon. 1 bottle will treat 2 plants. Good price when you look at female seed prices. My guy swears by it and has had 99% rate. 1 plant would just not turn. It is worth checking into

Yeah Cheesebaked, It was under 12/12 light. It needs to be a vegging plant just coming into flower. When you see little white hairs on the plant starting to show you spray plant (or chosen branch) everyday with colloidal silver for 2 weeks. (I actually just sprayed it for 7 or 8 days and the plant turned a week after I stopped), After 2 weeks the plant will be full of (female) pollen sacks. :thumb:

Make sure you never smoke the parts of the plant you sprayed with colloidal silver.:cough: The seeds are perfectly safe to use, but the buds will be toxic so don't smoke them.

Based on reading i am assuming that, colloidal silver- sprayed plant actually turns flower into pollinated seed bag? Probably keeping plant with another females won't be a great idea?

Based on reading i am assuming that, colloidal silver- sprayed plant actually turns flower into pollinated seed bag? Probably keeping plant with another females won't be a great idea?

It dosnt turn flowers into pollinated seed bags, the silver somehow inhibits the plant from producing female hormones, all female plants can produce male hormones when stress. In turn, producing a lot more male hormones on branches wich are sprayed with colloidal or ionic silver. You need to use the pollen from the "sprayed" plant or branch and pollinate natural female pistils. (little white hairs)

Well the jury is still out on my first seed crop. Reversed female has lots of pods but they don't seem to be putting out pollen. Damn the luck if my " male " is shooting blanks. Of course this comes after I realized my Tangie X Jack the Ripper cross has the potential to be great. Tangie buds are right below the Jack so if any pollen does come that female will get it.

Back
Top Bottom