Strains request

Nightmask

Howdy folks. I'm still new to growing though I do hope to get an indoor setup soon. So I'm looking for a few types of strains sold as regular seeds, not feminized, so I can produce my own seeds and keep a constant supply of my favourite strains. I'd also prefer regular to autoflower seeds since I've never grown autoflowers before, however if there is a great autoflower strain that could fit what I'm looking for then I'd sure learn how to grow them.

I had a look through the 420 Strain Guide and there was a few strains that sounded interesting (Blue Velvet, Hawaiian Sativa, Super Haze and a few others), however I either couldn't find these strains or they were only available as feminized seeds from the seed banks I searched, plus that list is far from complete and there are strains I've looked up that aren't (described) on that list.

The main strain effects I'm looking for are cerebral/creative, energetic, and an all round relaxing CBD strain that can help with anxiety and nausea (weed in general kinda has all of these effects for me but there are certain strains I've tried that worked better for each thing but I never payed much attention to strain names at the time which sucks). I'd like to find regular seeds for the three previously mentioned strains/effects from the same seedbank, cause you know, easier to order. I'm currently looking at seedsman cause of promotions and stuff, but any good trusted seedbank that ships to Australia would be fine if they had all three strain types I'm after.

Cerebral/Creative - My work is very cerebral, so lots of reading, writing, and researching. The main strain I'm looking for is one that can put my mind into overdrive to help me think faster and clearer. For this one I was thinking maybe Original Skunk #1 for being a well known/stable strain with cerebral effects or Dancehall which is apparently cerebral, creative, and long-lasting. Any other suggestions?

Energetic - Because what I do is very cerebral (see above) I need something to help me get out of my mind occasionally and an energetic strain that helps me get energetic and physical and exercise and stuff would be fantastic. No idea what possible strain for this one. Any ideas?

CBD all rounder - This will be more of a relaxing strain for going out to help relieve anxiety and nausea primarily, and hopefully something that's a little energetic/motivating so I can still do stuff. I don't want a couchlock effect because I'd like this strain primarily to smoke when going out. Also, something that has anti-seizure properties would be nice, though mine don't happen very often and the anti-anxiety/nausea effects should help prevent one in the first place. Again, no idea what strain might work here. It doesn't specifically have to be a medicinal strain, just higher in CBD for a more relaxing yet energizing with anti-anxiety/nausea/seizure effect. Any advice would be welcome.

One final question(s), if I found a feminized strain I liked could I pollinate it with a male from regular seeds to get a cross? And from that first lot of seeds how could I then get seeds from a female I liked the traits of? And would seeding a 2nd(?) generation female create a more preferred and stable cross batch of seeds than the first generation seeds produced from the original feminized female and male regular parents?

TL; DR - I'm looking for three different strains for different purposes. Cerebral/creative, energetic, and all round CBD mostly for anxiety and nausea. Regular not feminized seeds, preferably from the same seed bank that accepts PayPal or credit card and ships to Australia.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I like wonder women it grows easy great yields the only problem I had was some bud rot at the end due to to much humidity. When I cut down I cut everything off the stems to dry out. If you keep humidity low no problem

For the cerebral + energetic weed you want a sativa. Preferably (to me anyway) a pure sativa. My favourite sativas so far come from Ace Seeds. Golden Tiger tops my list of all time favourite herb. Picks me up and makes me happy while making me want to buzz around multitasking. Malawi was my favourite for a while - but it tends to feel a bit too speedy if you overdo it. And it's pretty strong so it's easy to overdo- not a strain I can smoke a lot of without feeling a bit jittery and mildly uncomfortable.
In my top three faves is one I got from Seedsman a couple years ago called Mama Thai. It's a good example of Thai weed- happy and energetic.
Panama is another good one.

The first thing to look at when choosing a strain is the indica/sativa percentage. That will be the biggest factor involved in its effect, IMO. After that look at actual reviews from knowledgeable growers- not necessarily so much the literature from the people trying to sell it to you. They have to make up something to say about it after all- and most strains out there are fairly generic indica/sativa mixes using some very common building block strains. There are some stand-out strains- but most are pretty similar, so don't buy too much into the list of effect nuances the vendor may be touting.
Besides the genetics - there is a fair bit of difference brought about by how it's grown and how long it's flowered for- different cannabanoids and terpenes expressed in different conditions.
Sorrry I can't help you much with the cbd question- still exploring that subject.

Nightmask, I understand your views on regular seeds. I've ordered and grown them for years. Now more and more you are finding that most companies carry only feminized seeds. They do this for 2 reasons first they don't want people to have their genetics and secondly that it is easier to self then make a stable hybrid. Their are ways around it though. Keep in mind the new ways for making feminized seeds. Tiresias mist works very well on most strains. That way you can just self your own plants and still make crosses. You just are working with all female genetics. You can still cross your favorite Blueberry with your favorite Haze. Use these females as you would males. Males carry the traits you want to transfer. Females usually carry plant structure.
I have been growing a friends female strains for the last year or so and they are every bit as good as his regular strains were. Also with selfing this way you will get around 50% exactly like the mother and the other 50% will very some. Another way to find very special plants. In this way I have learned to embrace the female genetic craze instead of being drug kicking and screaming like I thought I would be.

Thanks Weaselcracker, that was fantastic information. So are all those strains you mentioned energetic strains, or were any of them also cerebral and all thinky-like? Golden Tiger has been added to my shopping basket and the other strains you mentioned have been added to a list for possibly trying at a later date.
I rarely take just what a shop says regarding something and I try to find more information about it, like video clips, comments, reviews, etc. Even though there's getting more and more info out there there's still a lot lacking. I'm not looking for anything extremely exotic, just three different well known/bred strains that have those effects I'm after. That's why I was considering Original Skunk #1 for the cerebral effect because it's a well known strain that's been used as a base/parent for lots of other strains/crosses. As for the growing bit I've been learning a lot about that after having already made plenty of mistakes. I'll run atleast 1-2 runs of bagseed when I get my setup so I can get used to everything before trying out the expensive and interesting seeds.

Hey Jackalope, I'm still new to growing and haven't even tried cloning yet (not that I have a separate the space for it) so the simpler the better for me, and seeds are easy. Grab the male plant and sprinkle it's ball pollen all over the female. Well, not all over, just one branch will do, like Making Seeds in the Ghetto. That I can do, which is why I was hoping I could use the pollen from a male regular plant and use that to pollinate a feminized female plant and get seeds that are a cross. I'm not opposed to feminized seeds and have a few in my shopping cart. I just wanted to be able to get seeds from a feminized plant if I liked it so I could try it again later. Which is also why I wanted to find some regular strains with certain effects (cerebral/creative, energetic) so I could use a male with those properties and cross it with a feminized female that either already has or hopefully will get those effects.
"Keep in mind the new ways for making feminized seeds. Tiresias mist works very well on most strains. That way you can just self your own plants and still make crosses. You just are working with all female genetics. You can still cross your favorite Blueberry with your favorite Haze. Use these females as you would males. Males carry the traits you want to transfer. Females usually carry plant structure." - I'd eventually like to learn how to make feminized seeds but it's not really an issue currently. I have no idea what Tiresias mist is or how it works. And what did you mean you can cross two females plants? How does that work? Or did I misinterpret that?

:hmmmm: I'm finding that a tough question to answer and I think it may vary by user. I'm kind of a thinker anyway- so I'll think no matter wtf is happening. But I love the functional high of the sativas. I've had all sorts of amazing thoughts smoking I do as, but they're usually mixed with some paranoia- plus I have a hard time recalling them the next day and feel like I've moved back to square one- or minutes one because I feel blurry. Obviously not everyone feels that effect.
But yes- when I smoke GT, Malawi, or Thai - I have all sorts of great insights and feel like my mind is working overtime.
Differences between those three are that the Malawi is speedier- especially if you overdo it- not really if you go light, Mama Thai much less so, and GT not really 'speedy' at all- just energizing.
So I'd recommend any of those - plus try a few other different strains - and at least you'll have some variety and comparisons.

I've grown a handful of sativas. I haven't tried any of them but observe my wife. Grinspoon, Malawi, Maui Waui, Thai, Panama,.... I tell you that only to tell you this. I haven't observed any that could be distinguished between energetic or cerebral. What I have observed is the user usually takes on an effect of their current mood. If momma is going to do some housework, she'll take any of the above and feel completely energized. Those very same strains will get her debating with friends in a social environment. As Weasel stated, too much Malawi and she's topless at a Mini Kiss tribute concert. I guess I'm trying to say... grab 2 or 3 pure sativas and give me them a whirl. The desired effect has a lot to do with the users temperament going in. Good luck!

Nightmask, Tiresias mist is sprayed on a branch of a female plant daily when they go into flower. Most show sex early so you know which makes it easy to know what plants to spray. Make sure you don't get over spray on other branches or plants. After time the female plant will start putting out male flowers. This is not a hermie it has all female genetics. Use this to pollenate the female you want. You will get female seeds that way. For years people have been finding ways to make females produce pollen. Tiresias mist is the easiest that I know of. Some other methods are very hard on a plant while others can produce hermies.
This method is great for strains that are only sold feminized or if you want to self a great plant. I like growing from seed more than cloning so I use this method now as apposed to using males if I can. I'm also indoor so it is much easier to do this. Plus it saves space to just have females.

I like wonder women it grows easy great yields the only problem I had was some bud rot at the end due to to much humidity. When I cut down I cut everything off the stems to dry out. If you keep humidity low no problem

I was wondering if the Wonder Woman plant you grew was from the 420 Sponsor Seedsman Seeds and their vendor Nirvana seeds? I ask because I am currently growing a Wonder Woman plant.

Nightmask how are things going? Not sure if this was mentioned before or not..... When dealing with regular seeds it is best to stay with long time breeders. Making female seeds from a great phenol is fine. When it comes to breeding a strain they work extensively with male plants to find the right one. Males will vary in potency just like the females so you really need the right one. Crossing a great female with a mediocre male could have unsatisfactory results. Breeders like TGA, Brothers Grimm, Bohdi, All have great regulars strains.

Nightmask how are things going? Not sure if this was mentioned before or not..... When dealing with regular seeds it is best to stay with long time breeders. Making female seeds from a great phenol is fine. When it comes to breeding a strain they work extensively with male plants to find the right one. Males will vary in potency just like the females so you really need the right one. Crossing a great female with a mediocre male could have unsatisfactory results. Breeders like TGA, Brothers Grimm, Bohdi, All have great regulars strains.

I almost forgot I made this post. I posted this right at the beginning of my cannabis journey and have learned a lot. The seed addiction got me good since then. I've got seeds for over 30 different strains so far since I first started buying seeds a few months in to 2017. My indoor grow setup is finally complete and plants are growing yay. Just bagseed flowering as a test run but I've got plenty of decent strains waiting. I got as regulars some White Widow, Golden Tiger, Skunk #1, and Afghani, and hope to use some of these to breed with at some point. Mostly I went for those as regulars cause they cost $20-30 for a pack of 10 instead of $80-120 (or more) for 10 like some regulars. Some of the more interesting (feminized) sativa seeds I've got waiting are White Widow, Green Crack, Strawberry Cough, Jack Herer. I've also got some hybrids that are likely sativa leaning and then there's the autoflowering strains too. And that's not counting the many indica varieties I got. All my orders have been through Seedsman though the breeder varies depending on which seeds.

Back
Top Bottom