Malawi Gold

Jackalope

After 16 weeks of flower I have finally harvested my 1 Malawi Gold female. In the picture you can tell she could have went a little longer. I got lucky and got to let they Malawi go 4 weeks more then what I had planed. Finally the younger girls pushed her out of the room. still happy with the results. Its dry enough to smoke but still needs to cure.
The pineapple is there but hard to notice. This should get better with a longer cure. Even now the flavor is ok. The nice thing is the high. Malawi is a pure sativa. You can smoke it and still function. It is not overwhelming but it is a pure landrace and it is not supposed to be.
Yeah there is stronger stuff out there. Malawi is very good at what it does. I only had 1 plant to finish so I really don't know to much. From what I know Malawi would be great for crossing with a Master Kush or other similar type OG Kush strains.
grow_1-4_020.JPG

This is a week before I planned for her to finish
grow_2-2_016.JPG

Before.
grow_2-2_022.JPG

After.
grow_2-2_007.JPG

Close up.

That was a while back to be remembering LOL. I mostly veg my plants for around 2 ,months from seed. Then switch to 12/12. Malawi Gold got tall but not to tall for the room. I think it was around 4.5' to 5' tall. Stretch wasn't the problem for me. It was the extremely long flower time that became the problem. I had plants I needed to flower and finally had to cut it down. It may have been better if I could have flowered it longer.

To tell the truth. If I was going to run a super long flowering sativa I would choose something that would be stronger. There are some really strong long flowering sativa's. Even as a low THC sativa I have found better. If you have them already there is a good chance you may get better results. If not I would try a different strain.

Like I said. I only finished one plant and there is no way to evaluate a strain with one plant. The appeal of the African sativa's is that they flower fairly fast for a sativa. A 16 week plant was totally not what I was looking for. Finding a good Durban Poison might be the way to go. I hope I was helpful.

Cannalope Haze by DNA, Cinderella 99 from Brothers Grimm are probably my 2 favorites. You can get both in regular or feminized seeds. Both grow real easy and are not to hard to get. Price is higher then some but the genetics are well worth it. These may not be super strong THC percent wise. The do the job real well with what they do have. Effects are what matters the most not THC percent.

Back
Top Bottom