My work in progress

wanabegrower

i recently sprouted a few seeds and was looking to get any feed back on what to maybe look out for, are they heavy or light feeders, how much do they stretch what to look out for and such.
strains are: Pineapple Express, White Russian, Skywalker, Granddaddy blueberry, and (tragic x green crack)

I sprouted in 2" plastic pots with home made seed starter mix.
all sprouted the 26th of April
was going to transplant to 4" pot next with a stronger soil mix then finish in 3 gallon smart pots. or should i just go to the 3 gallons and skip the 4" pot?

working on getting pics up.

thanks

20170428_1121161.jpg
20170428_1121131.jpg
20170428_1121051.jpg
20170428_1121001.jpg
20170428_1120551.jpg
20170428_1120521.jpg
20170428_1120361.jpg
20170428_1120471.jpg
20170428_1120321.jpg
20170428_1120321.jpg
20170428_1120321.jpg
20170428_1120251.jpg
20170428_1120051.jpg
20170426_1453251.jpg
20170428_1119571.jpg
20170428_1120011.jpg
Whir_russian_2.jpg
WHITE_RUSSIAN_14.jpg
20170426_1453061.jpg
20170428_1121161.jpg

It took a whole lot of scrolling to make it to the bottom of post #2! ;)

Feedback: They look like they could use more light (they look stretched--move closer to the light) and less water (they look soaked, and cannabis no like that).

Transplanting is always potentially stressful, so if you can, why not just skip a step?

Good luck and have fun! :)

they are 10 inches under a 4 foot four bulb t5 hood should be plenty. the Pineapple express are not stretching at all. should i start in bigger pots, or maybe just deeper? Im not not overwatering pics after they were sprayed. if i start in lets say a 1 gallon pot should i layer the soil getting richer the deeper it goes?

OK, so enough light and not too much water. Cool. :)

I'll leave it to someone else to comment on the fine points of potting...

Your seedlings are stretching, I would drop the t5 lights down. Use your hand as a guide, take the back of your hand to the light and slowly move it down to just where you can feel the warmth of the light but it's not to hot for your hand. That's the sweet spot for the plants. I would suggest to leave them in these pots for another week or so to let the roots develop more. If the stems start to lean I would a twist tie or pipe cleaner to help support it. I believe using most seedling starter mixes is good for the few couple of weeks.
If these are not Auto flowers I would pot up to the 4in and then 3Gal later on but I would use the better soil in the 4in.
If these were my seedlings I would stop misting them, to mist the soil is fine though.

I have a similar problem where the seedlings stem bent overnight and it couldn't stand straight anymore. What do you think?

For the mo' you can prop it up with a toothpick, but the question I have is, "Is it falling over because it's stretching from not enough light?" There is a sticky at the top of this forum called "How to Ask for Help" with a long list of questions to answer that really help with troubleshooting (e.g. strain, soil, light source, light duration, etc.) Maybe start a new thread that answers those questions?

I have a similar problem where the seedlings stem bent overnight and it couldn't stand straight anymore. What do you think?
420-magazine-mobile671496967.jpg

Is there a piece of perlite cutting into the bottom of the stem? It looks like something is pressing against it. I could be wrong. Sometimes it's hard to tell what's going on from just a picture.
You could use a toothpick like what was mentioned. I like using the longer green twist ties. I'll usually bend it in a U shape for support. You could use a metal coat hanger. I'm sure you have a million house hold items you could use for support.

no did not support them with anything but more soil. actually its the soil for the next transplant. so i will be able to keep them in the 2' pots longer with a higher nutrient to help promote more females. i switched the light cycle to 14 on and 10 off to also help i hope lo

I'm not sure about switching the light cycle like that. I've been growing autos and fem photos however I've been looking into buying reg seeds in the future so I'll have to look more into the light cycle your using.
You have that light at a great height now. Plants look happy.

keep them in the 2' pots longer with a higher nutrient to help promote more females. i switched the light cycle to 14 on and 10 off to also help i hope lo

?

I guess I'm not up on the latest folklore, but none of those things should affect whether you get females or not. Too small pots, too high nutrients, and messing with their light cycle is gonna do more harm than good IMHO.

Not to be overly critical, but those plants still look leggy and light-starved to me, too.

Mmm, that is a Hello Kitty moment !

Well if you went out & got a keg load of feminized seeds they are gonna turn out 100% female.

If you got a load of regular seed then it is a roll of the dice on female to male ratio to which i don't think any what ever method will make more females no matter who said it... just saying ?

Any way, give about another week or so you should be fine to pot up em mate into a larger pot size.

Thanks for posting that, but I'd have to see the data that supports those claims.

I'm aware that stressing a plant can affect its phenotype, but my preference would be to give it ideal growing conditions and let the plant express its sexuality however it pleases.

Back
Top Bottom