F5 Trainwreck seeds from 420

twofoottent

420 Member
Has anyone else grown this strain ? If so- I'd love to read a grow journal. I've searched, but haven't found one yet.

I thought it was interesting that the seeds are labeled as F5. Perhaps this one plant is a variant due to the fact that it's an F5... and the intended characteristics of this strain are not present in my plant.
Since I started growing it I've looked around for info on this strain and found lots of conflicting stories, not surprisingly.

Here is the data–

What strain is it? Trainwreck from 420
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Supposedly 75% Sativa, 25% Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Vegetation
If in Veg... For how long? 3 ½ weeks so far...
If in Flower stage... For how long? Not yet...
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil- Espoma Organic Potting Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Espoma Organic Potting Soil, Coco coir, worm castings, perlite
If soil... What size pot? 5 gallon
Size of light? One light is a Galaxy Hydro "300" watt (124 watts actual draw) "blurple", the other is a Roleadro Gen 2 "300" watt (130 actual draw), light color is more like an HPS bulb. I also have 6 CFL bulbs, 4 5000k @ 24 watts; 2 @ 2700k @40 watts (all actual draw).
Is it aircooled? Tent is cooled by a 240 cfm fan, 4" duct exhaust, 6" duct intake.
Temp of Room/cab? Trying to keep it close to 77˚F.
RH of Room/cab? Trying to keep it as high as I can. Right now at 43% rh
PH of media or res? 6.2
Any Pests ? None... yet
How often are you watering? Once a week so far.
Type and strength of ferts used? Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal-Mag, Foxfarm trio. Only given ¼ dose Cal-Mag, Grow Big at 3 weeks.

I've started a grow in a small tent. A very small tent: 2'x2'x4'. I ordered some seeds from 420 -the Trainwreck strain that sounded very interesting as it is a Sativa/ Indica hybrid that produces, supposedly, a good amount of CBD as well as having a lot of THC.
I thought it would grow to be something I could train using lst and supercropping.

Surprise, surprise- this thing is not what I expected from a hybrid. This Trainwreck is the bushiest cannabis pant I have ever seen ! It has nodes upon nodes. Leaves popping out of everywhere. It has fat leaves and at 4 weeks is only about 7 ½" tall ! Lots of vegetation in a compact space.
I'm tentatively planning on flipping to flower in 2 weeks (for 6 total of vegetation ). It's perfect for a small tent. Had I known it would be like this, I would have grown two of them. As it is, I'm not sure how to train it for my space. I have topped it, and that's it. I've been thinking that I should just grow it to 6 or so weeks- or when it's big enough to warrant flipping to flower.

Thank you to anybody that can further enlighten me on these subjects.
420-magazine-mobile1777663431.jpg

F5 huh? Sure looks either to be an F1 or a plain lie because I sure don't see any sativa in it at this point. 75% is a joke. On another note my very first plant was an AK-47 and looked absolutely identical to yours. I did a journal on her too. You may want to check out how big that bitch got with only a 4 week veg..
Heres the journal....7 dried oz from her
Starting This Journal For You Guys At Start Of Flower - AK47 Bush!

F5 huh? Sure looks either to be an F1 or a plain lie because I sure don't see any sativa in it at this point. 75% is a joke. On another note my very first plant was an AK-47 and looked absolutely identical to yours. I did a journal on her too. You may want to check out how big that bitch got with only a 4 week veg..
Heres the journal....7 dried oz from her
Starting This Journal For You Guys At Start Of Flower - AK47 Bush!

Hey thanks ! I checked out your AK-47 journal. What a monster ! I've only fed once, lightly, so maybe that's one reason my plant is so much smaller that yours was at 4 weeks.
I have 4 more of these seeds- I'm wondering if they'll look like this one...

Nice looking plant. Sure doesn't look like Trainwreak though. Maybe a cross. I got Wreakage going which is a Trainwreak cross and none looked anything like that. I have heard Trainwreak has a more vine like growth pattern but don't quote me on it. That's defiantly has a indica growth pattern.
Hey its healthy that is almost as important and the genetics. It could suck and still be better then the best strain grown shitty. Good luck with it and hopefully you will be happily surprised.

Has anyone else grown this strain ? If so- I'd love to read a grow journal. I've searched, but haven't found one yet.

I thought it was interesting that the seeds are labeled as F5. Perhaps this one plant is a variant due to the fact that it's an F5... and the intended characteristics of this strain are not present in my plant.
Since I started growing it I've looked around for info on this strain and found lots of conflicting stories, not surprisingly.

Here is the data–

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Supposedly 75% Sativa, 25% Indica
If in Veg... For how long? 3 ½ weeks so far...
If in Flower stage... For how long? Not yet...
If soil... what is in your mix? Espoma Organic Potting Soil, Coco coir, worm castings, perlite
Size of light? One light is a Galaxy Hydro "300" watt (124 watts actual draw) "blurple", the other is a Roleadro Gen 2 "300" watt (130 actual draw), light color is more like an HPS bulb. I also have 6 CFL bulbs, 4 5000k @ 24 watts; 2 @ 2700k @40 watts (all actual draw).
Is it aircooled? Tent is cooled by a 240 cfm fan, 4" duct exhaust, 6" duct intake.
PH of media or res? 6.2
Any Pests ? None... yet
Type and strength of ferts used? Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal-Mag, Foxfarm trio. Only given ¼ dose Cal-Mag, Grow Big at 3 weeks.

I've started a grow in a small tent. A very small tent: 2'x2'x4'. I ordered some seeds from 420 -the Trainwreck strain that sounded very interesting as it is a Sativa/ Indica hybrid that produces, supposedly, a good amount of CBD as well as having a lot of THC.
I thought it would grow to be something I could train using lst and supercropping.

Surprise, surprise- this thing is not what I expected from a hybrid. This Trainwreck is the bushiest cannabis pant I have ever seen ! It has nodes upon nodes. Leaves popping out of everywhere. It has fat leaves and at 4 weeks is only about 7 ½" tall ! Lots of vegetation in a compact space.
I'm tentatively planning on flipping to flower in 2 weeks (for 6 total of vegetation ). It's perfect for a small tent. Had I known it would be like this, I would have grown two of them. As it is, I'm not sure how to train it for my space. I have topped it, and that's it. I've been thinking that I should just grow it to 6 or so weeks- or when it's big enough to warrant flipping to flower.

Looking nice and healthy and loving life.

Here is the data—

If in Veg... For how long? 3 ½ weeks so far…
If in Flower stage... For how long? Not yet…
Size of light? One light is a Galaxy Hydro “300” watt (124 watts actual draw) “blurple”, the other is a Roleadro Gen 2 “300” watt (130 actual draw), light color is more like an HPS bulb. I also have 6 CFL bulbs, 4 5000k @ 24 watts; 2 @ 2700k @40 watts (all actual draw).
Is it aircooled? Tent is cooled by a 240 cfm fan, 4” duct exhaust, 6” duct intake.
PH of media or res? 6.2
Any Pests ? None… yet

I’ve started a grow in a small tent. A very small tent: 2’x2’x4’. I ordered some seeds from 420 -the Trainwreck strain that sounded very interesting as it is a Sativa/ Indica hybrid that produces, supposedly, a good amount of CBD as well as having a lot of THC.

Looks nice and healthy but doesn't look anything like my Arcata cut of Trainwreck I'm running which I know is the real deal.

It could possibly be an F5... it all depends on what phenotype traits the breeder was imbreeding for. Pretty much any seed unless developed by scientists with genetics molecular markers is going to have variation, as I dont' think there are more than probably 1% of the seeds that actually breed true or are isogentic. So almost any seeds on the current market will not be the same as the "popular clone only" versions of strains.

Generally F7 is where strains become close to breeding true, however there still is chance of variation and it all depends on the breeders practices and whether or not they are using genetic mapping to dictate their choices in breeding and plant selection.

That definitely doesn't look like trainwreck but it very well could be the F5 of trainwreck parents... the only way to really ensure that you have exactly the same genotype and phenotype are through tissue culture or clones, and even then, epigenetics could change how a plant looks or grows based on environment.

Overall the plant looks very healthy...

Here is the clone version of Arcata Trainwreck in early flowering....
20170529_184856.jpg

Looks nice and healthy but doesn't look anything like my Arcata cut of Trainwreck I'm running which I know is the real deal.

It could possibly be an F5... it all depends on what phenotype traits the breeder was imbreeding for. Pretty much any seed unless developed by scientists with genetics molecular markers is going to have variation, as I dont' think there are more than probably 1% of the seeds that actually breed true or are isogentic. So almost any seeds on the current market will not be the same as the "popular clone only" versions of strains.

Generally F7 is where strains become close to breeding true, however there still is chance of variation and it all depends on the breeders practices and whether or not they are using genetic mapping to dictate their choices in breeding and plant selection.

That definitely doesn't look like trainwreck but it very well could be the F5 of trainwreck parents... the only way to really ensure that you have exactly the same genotype and phenotype are through tissue culture or clones, and even then, epigenetics could change how a plant looks or grows based on environment.

Overall the plant looks very healthy...

Here is the clone version of Arcata Trainwreck in early flowering....
20170529_184856.jpg

Thanks so much for your post. I have several more of those trainwreck seeds- maybe they'll be different.
Your Arcata Trainwreck is beautiful and indeed very different. It sounds like a fantastic strain. Someday maybe I'll have a chance to grow it.
How long have you been running it ?

I have gotten great seeds from 420. I had a weird bushy plants on my first grow as well from a different seed bank. All kinds of problems. I was using alright soil and O.K. nutrients. Then I went FF soil and nutrients and my plants have outgrown my flower room. It will really help. Plus, I don't put the light too close. I have a 600 watt LED for every three plants. I love the short bushy Indica plants. Maybe more lights?
IMG_118950.jpg

She Looks great! Don't forget to flush her! Try not to stress her out. I stressed and pretty much killed my first batch of plants not using good soil and O.K. nutrients. I also light burned them learning how close to put the LED lights. LEDS don't show light burn until a few days and the Veg/bloom switches are confusing for first time growers.Veg is one light and veg/bloom is both. Twice as bright so I just run everything on full spectrum from seedlings on. The plants love the extra light spectrum. After I killed most of my first batch, I tried to save the three that were still alive. One hermied somehow, and got two others seeded. So, I pulled the ones with seeds , cleaned my plants and flower room from any pollen and learned a valuable lesson. Don't stress out your plants. They can seed if you do. Since then, I use only FF soil and nutrients and leave enough room for the plants to reach up to the light. I have had great success.

Thanks - I've since started using McEnroe organic light soil, adding McEnroe compost and perlite. Plant love it. I will give plain water next time. I'm happy with the lights so far. 250 watts from the wall in 2'x2'x4' tent should be enough. The trainwreck should stay short enough that proximity to the lights won't be an issue.

420-magazine-mobile1835573661.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1157106351.jpg

Trainwreck is doing really well now. 5th week of 12/12. Flowering alongside a clone I took when she was not so well. The flowering clone is 11 days behind. A second clone is growing in a cardboard box that I'm using as a vegetation box with 4 clones from her.

It extremely interesting how different the clones are from the original plant sprouted from seed. The clones aren't as bushy and dense- and the leaves are bigger.
They both smell like artificial grape flavoring. It's very distinct, but it is contained and doesn't smell the place up.

Back
Top Bottom