Clones in water bottles and light on roots

PopeyeSpinach

Just a quick question.... i see lots of fellas cloning in water bottles, then theres always someone that comes along and says...roots dont like light, dont clone in water bottles..... well, it works whether the roots like light or not.... but i threw some clones in some old beer bottles today....why dont I see everyone doing that?? seems to me a dark tinted beer bottle, <washed out and filled w water of course>, would be a better option than a water bottle.

This method does have its perks, thought its looking a might saggy today, but its an expriment. That and I decided i didnt like where i cut it, so i recut it after about a day and, reapplied aloe gel to the new cut point, then back in the water...that was 2 days ago. But the theory seems sound, i mean they make beer bottles darker so UV rays dont break down the beer.

20170522_114149.jpg

Nice, put I think that might be too much light for your cutting. Did you dip your cutting in water before applying gel? Keep an eye on the cut to see if t browns prematurely.

If I were you I would recut the stem again, this time mix a little aloe gel in the water instead of putting the stem in the gel. The stem will uptake some water and needs a clear path to do so. Trim the stem again and immediately put the cutting in the aloe water. Not enough gel to taste like aloe water, just a pinch.

Well them guys died lol.....ive since switched to a homeade bubbler kinda thingy. Basically a plastic ice cream bucket w air stones in it. Then i just wrapped it in foil and poked holes in the foil, stuck the plants in. Pretty sure one died but it was an itty bitty guy and just an expiriment. Another one im unsure, fans are yellowing but it only has had about 1/4 inch long root for a week now. Its like they all pop a little root and stop.

How did you kill them like really how did you kill them I put mine in a cup of water 12 days ago and I have the starting of roots I have not pH my water or anything
420-magazine-mobile767233866.jpg
420-magazine-mobile289242717.jpg

I really dont knowx they were in there for a while and didnt die, they just didnt do anything for weeks. I transfered em to ff hf soil and same thing, weeks of nothing. Then they finally they just wilted and died.

You shot them when you put them in the dirt the dirt is a lot richer in nutrients and other things compared to the water that you would be using

Back
Top Bottom