Clones are wilting and I'm not sure why - Help please

miki9009

Hello, I'm kinda new to growing overall, and when it comes to clones this is my first time trying.

I took these 3 clones about a week ago, and they've been looking really bad the last few days. I've sprayed them with Clonex mist a few times, so what I'm thinking personally that this is some kind of extreme nute burn. But honestly I have no idea.

Any tips? I've already taken another set of 3 clones to replace these, but if there's a way to save these I'll try it, and it would also help with the next 3 so I don't ruin them straight away again.

1661200896882.png

Let me know if you need more detailed pictures, but I think this says it all.

re: Clones are wilting and I'm not sure why - Help please.

If you need help cloning go to my thread LMAO cloning for dummies if that does not give you enough post a message and asked me for information and I'll run you through any process of cloning you need me to run you through

If you need help cloning go to my thread LMAO cloning for dummies if that does not give you enough post a message and asked me for information and I'll run you through any process of cloning you need me to run you through

I've actually read your thread, it's very good information. But I'm wondering what I did wrong this time and if there's a way to save these.

One it is natural for them to start to wilt and turn yellow and this is because they start to take the energy that is stored in the leaves and put towards making roots if you want your clones to survive I don't know if you're keeping them in a dome or not but put them back where they have plenty of water to drink put them under the light where they are nice and warm and just forget you have them it is the plants instinct to try to live no matter what you do it's going to try so just let it do its thing give it patients and they will root almost every time I have almost a 100% success rate I took a hundred thirty clones yesterday and did not lose one

One it is natural for them to start to wilt and turn yellow and this is because they start to take the energy that is stored in the leaves and put towards making roots if you want your clones to survive I don't know if you're keeping them in a dome or not but put them back where they have plenty of water to drink put them under the light where they are nice and warm and just forget you have them it is the plants instinct to try to live no matter what you do it's going to try so just let it do its thing give it patients and they will root almost every time I have almost a 100% success rate I took a hundred thirty clones yesterday and did not lose one

They have been under a dome (well atleast a ghetto version, but it does it's job) with high humidity. But to me the yellowing looks so extreme, that's what got me worried. I've seen pics where clones root without any yellowing of the leaves etc. Could also be because I cut some leaves in half, so they run out of nutes faster.

Would you suggest spraying them with low nutrient water, maybe 1/5 of what a grown plant would need? I've been using only tap water so far, and those clones are a week old atm.

Put them back in the dome give them a little bit of water don't spray them with any nutrients until they form some kind of root they will not really feed the leaves are going into degradation in order to get the energy from the leaves to send to the roots and the yellowing is because you are just using tap water no nutrients no cloning hormones clonex or any of that stuff is the reason yours are turning yellow it's more natural and it's what would happen in the wild but if you put them back in the dome and let them sit for another 7 to 14 days they will root very quickly I rooted 7 clones in cups in 18 days did not pH the water or change it just straight tap water at a pH of 8.1 the yellow as they get the little calcium white spots or their roots once you get the hang of taking clones the regular way and then getting them to root you can move on to more advanced versions in order to make your clones healthier faster and grow bigger these are just a few tips you don't want to spray your cologne with any type of fertilizer at this point if you burn the leaves it's going to take more energy away from the plan plus do more damage to it which is going to make it harder for it to roots not to mention some clones will root in 3 to 4 days depending on the strain and some can take up as long as 21 days to root depending on the strain same thing with the yellowing some strange yellow when they root and in some will stay bright and green the entire time if you have any nine-one-one questions real free to private message me and ask and I will get directly back to you as soon as possible I run a dispensary in New Mexico I grow medical marijuana for patients I teach patience to grow so I like to get on here and keeps people as well I have a plant in the nug of the month contest if you would like feel free to stop by and vote the more people that get voted for the better it is for the contest thank you and have a great day

Thanks for the long informative post! I'll keep your name in mind if I have any 911 cases :p I'll go vote for you when I hit 50 posts. Thanks again for the info, I might make a grow diary after I've got them to root, I'll make sure to let you know so you can see how they go. Strain is Northern Lights #5 x Haze, a challenge for a new grower :p

you have nine Post in need 50 so you might as well go ahead and play my favorite game and then security question and answer game you ask the questions and I will give the best of answers that I can this will push you on your way to 50 and give you some knowledge along the way

I'll hop on your thread to ask some questions if I can come up with something that you haven't answered there already

It's very long so you may want to skim through and see what you can find that catches your attention

Don't give up on them. My first clones went through hell because of my screw ups. First rooting took twice as long as they should have. All but 1 came around and did fine in the end.

He won't be giving up on those clones anytime soon I already took care of that one cloning's one thing I can do with 100% success rate

Back
Top Bottom