IGLM Afghan - Crappy genetics or crappy strain?

Cowpert909

This Afghan I got sprouted really well. All the seeds germinated and I was stoked.
This has been grown side by side, with Purple power and O.G. Kush from AMS seed bank.
Although the Afghan from 420 grew well when young, when I harvested it and the O.G. Kush, the Afghan tastes like bottom shelf weed. No real strong taste or smell. Gets you high but definitely bottom shelf.
The O.G. Kush on the other hand tastes 20 times better. Strong taste, expando and really strong high.
The purple power isn't ready.
Are 420 seeds bad, was it a bad batch or is Afghan just a weak strain?
It is the first time I grew Afghan.
One of the plants looks really weird and I am going to pull her early. No real smell from her either.
Same lights Nutrients and soil. All FF.
The Kush and Purple power are looking and smelling good.
This is the weird looking 420 Afghan plant with no real strong smell. She is still flowering but I want to pull her because the Kush and Purple power look so much better.
Don't want to waste the light or time on O.K. tasting weed.
It looks like fox tailing but the flower room temp is 79 degrees.
She is 7 weeks into flower.
Light airy buds.
100_26892.jpg

Any thoughts?

No. That's what she looks like now. She is still there but I really don't want to waste the time or the lights on her if she taste like her sisters. All five plants grew great until I harvested the first three and tasted it. It smokable just not top shelf like the Kush.

I also got some gold leaf. It looks fine so far. I thought I did something wrong until I tasted the Kush. Maybe a bad batch of Afghan seeds? Anyway.....

Seven weeks into flower. The Gold leaf looks good. My Afghan looked good before I harvested it, smoked it and compared it to the Kush.

The most common mistake is made during the dry/cure process as far as bad tasted goes. If the kush did well then the afghan should've done just as well but maybe it's just not the strain for you. Kush is an amazing flower I will be growing dr grwenthumbs em dog next, which is an og kush x chemdog 4. It will be awesome lol

Hung the plant up for three or four days then they both cured in jars for about two weeks. They were grown side by side. Same everything.The Kush is great! Nice tight buds. The Afghan has a few tight buds but it is just smokeable. O.K. taste. Very bland. Would never give it as a gift. Probably be good for edibles.

So, when I find a seed bank that gives me consistent awesome plants keep them.
I would really like to give Afghan another try from a different seed bank.
Have you ever grown it? Is Kush always going to be my best bet?
I love Master Kush.

It depends on what you are looking for as far as effects go. If you want a heavy body stone with sedative effects, indica and indica dominant hybrids are best for you. If you like a high energy cerebral high with low couchlock than sativa and sativa dominant hybrids would be better. I would figure out what you like trying a variety and wha ever you like you can make fem seeds or clones and keep it going indefinitely

While your Afghan might be bad genetics. Pure strains and landrace strains while great building blocks most can't keep up in potency with the hybrids now days. Even OG Kush which has been around for years has been reworked and improved over time. Breeders are packing more and more THC on these already strong strains. Making even hard hitting Afghans out there seem mediocre . I would try another Afghan strain. It should be better then what you ended up with

Back
Top Bottom