Putting Clones To Bud?

flytier

Hey fellow potheads. I recently took a bunch of cuttings off my CKS White Widow for the purpose of getting them into flowering stage ASAFP. I have them in 5" pots with humidity domes on them. My question here is this: do I need to upsize the pots or do you think they will come to term in the five-inchers? My growspace is kind of limited, at somewhere around 2 x 2 1/2 feet floorspace and I already have three plants in there in larger containers.

I'm interested in trying different grow methods to see what works best for my available space. I'm also stocking up on autoflower seeds to try because of their smaller size. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated. Take it easy.

You can throw them into Flower if you want at any time, just won't get very big or you won't get a lot off of them if they don't have a Veg cycle. Same with pot size, once/if they get root bound they harder to get them to take water/feed, but someone here had a grow in Solo cups that they managed to get all the way thru but it was a bit of a fight. Don't know if you want or are able to keep one as a Mother to keep it going in case you like this plant, as can be a dice roll on a different seed(s).

You can throw them into Flower if you want at any time, just won't get very big or you won't get a lot off of them if they don't have a Veg cycle. Same with pot size, once/if they get root bound they harder to get them to take water/feed, but someone here had a grow in Solo cups that they managed to get all the way thru but it was a bit of a fight. Don't know if you want or are able to keep one as a Mother to keep it going in case you like this plant, as can be a dice roll on a different seed(s).

Well, I'm not out to get a load off each plant, just to see how effective it is for now. I have a pack of CKS Low Flyers to put down later on, which aren't rated for a big yield. I just want to get a harvest in my small space that could keep me going.

Part of the learning process is trial and error, find out what you can do with the space you have and all that. I just found a plant that I liked and it is more tolerant than some of the others (less picky), so I was glad I had kept it going via Clones/Mothers (also only had one seed of it so that was an influence too though), as currently I have a 4th generation of it going.

Part of the learning process is trial and error, find out what you can do with the space you have and all that. I just found a plant that I liked and it is more tolerant than some of the others (less picky), so I was glad I had kept it going via Clones/Mothers (also only had one seed of it so that was an influence too though), as currently I have a 4th generation of it going.

I'm really not sure if I'd need to keep clones going. I can go in town and buy a pack of CKS seeds, although clones are certainly cheaper. With my indoor setup I can't seem to get a whole lot of size to a plant to get good clones in the first place. It's most likely the lighting. I just use CFLs for now. I may switch to different lighting later on, but for now this satisfies me.

And like I mentioned earlier, I'll be seeing how good Low Fliers grow in there. They're supposed to be good in a stealth setup. Eventually I'll have something that works for me, but until then I'm going with trial and error and questions and answers.

So here it is around three weeks later and I can give an update.

Four of the clones have been budding for around a week now, maybe a little more, and I have another four that I just put into 12/12 a couple days ago. The main bud is at the tip, with a couple smaller ones on the axils below it. I'm still waiting for my outdoor WW to start budding so this will give me something to smoke while I'm waiting.
DSCI1243a.jpg
DSCI1227a.jpg
DSCI1238a.jpg

After these are done I have some packs of auto seeds that I bought for over the winter. When the clones get a little further along, maybe the middle of next month, I'll plant a few auto seeds to keep up a perpetual harvest cycle.

Back
Top Bottom