Quick Northern Lights Question

goof1987

I jist started my first crop in over 8 years. I chose northern lights fem from Nirvana but i can't find any real info on it. So my question is since northern lights is a heavy main cola producer does she take well to topping? I know some strains dont like it and i have never grown northern lights and can't find the info anywhere. Any insights on this strain would be great.

I've never grown Pure Northern Lights. The Northern Light #5 x Blueberry never did as well when topped or when I tried to super crop it. I found it was best to just grow more to fill the space and let them just form 1 main cola. I also had a huge bag of quality seeds so that was not a problem. Not everyone has that luxury I'm sure if given extra veg time and plenty of root room a plant could be topped to form 4 main colas by trimming branches from each branch as they grew. If you could get 4 stalks about 2 foot tall with minimal side branches before starting flower you should get 4 nice main cola type buds. Of course now days with SCROG I'm sure there are other ways you try. I'm just not sure if lots of little buds will match up with the main cola type of buds that grow fat and pretty. Water bottle sized buds are sure fun to look at.
grow_1-4_031.JPG

I jist started my first crop in over 8 years. I chose northern lights fem from Nirvana but i can't find any real info on it. So my question is since northern lights is a heavy main cola producer does she take well to topping? I know some strains dont like it and i have never grown northern lights and can't find the info anywhere. Any insights on this strain would be great.
We grew Northern Lights 2 years ago and topped it with no issues. Great strain that produces potent buds and presses well into rosin.

Back
Top Bottom