Seed Banks & Breeders

Jackalope

Lots of confusion out there these days about seed banks. With new companies starting up every day it is almost impossible sort through it all. First off. Seed Banks are not breeders though some carry seeds under their name. Seed banks are breeder super stores. How they take care of the thousands of seeds they have on hand is a factor. How long they have had those seeds is a factor. Most of the time when they receive a batch of seeds from a breeder there is multiple strains. They normally do not order more tell they have sold what they have. Sometimes they will have strains for a years or more if they are not popular. Mostly seed banks are only held responsible for order problems. Breeders are the ones held responsible for germination rates and seed quality. A lot of the time getting a bad rap for problems out of their control. Once a seed has left their possession it is out of their control. Strain info should also come straight from the breeder. Seed banks have never grown these strains. Though again some do. Hell why not they have the best genetics in the world. Why not put some of them to use. They should also be marketed as such. LOL yeah right!

Not sure if this is any help but I hope so. My only suggestion would be to look for seed banks that were around before all this craziness. In the growing community you don't last if you have bad service or bad support. Sensible Seeds which I use has been around since 1998. Their genetics are up to date and are a well run company. They are not the only one others have stood the test of time.

I wouldn't. I only soak over night. Then keep in a moist paper towel. Anything over 24 hours might effect oxygen levels. Pretty much drowning the seed. There are other methods for getting extra hard seeds to crack.

Back
Top Bottom