Cloner bucket

dj1714

Just got finished building a cloner bucket. It has 17 spray nozzles with a 390 gph pump. I have tested it with the lid off and the spray covers over the top of the bucket just fine. I just wanted to know from others that have used this type of setup do you put your pump on a timer or do you let run 24/7. I have read about people using ro water with and without nutes. To some this made a difference and some not. Also wanted to know what kind of temps. you have with this bucket.

20170323_182906.jpg

20170318_141831.jpg

Thanks MiOutdoorsman. I had fun building it (gave me a sense of accomplishment) and can't wait to use it. I never cloned before but for under 50 bucks to make this I figured I would give it a shot.:smokin:

Looks like it will work out great. I'm terrible at cloning. Probably 50 percent of mine take. I got the cheap 20 site oxy cloner on the Zon for 72$ Hopefully I have some better luck with it

Just had a look at the oxy cloner, looks like it will work pretty good too. Hopefully it will get your percentage higher. Really don't know what to expect out of mine as I have never done it yet but I'm wishful.

Looks good. My store bought cloner still sits in the same box it came in. Maybe some day if I need lots of clones I might actually use it. To good of luck with 50/50 perlite and vermiculite 4 in planters and a clear tote. LMAO sometimes low tech is best.

Thanks for the reply Luweedgi. I'm on a well and the water is really hard. about 750 ppm. I do grow In hydro and use a stealth ro 300 which will bring it down to 10 ppm. Just curious what kind of timer do you use.

Looks good. My store bought cloner still sits in the same box it came in. Maybe some day if I need lots of clones I might actually use it. To good of luck with 50/50 perlite and vermiculite 4 in planters and a clear tote. LMAO sometimes low tech is best.

Low-tech is almost always the best. KISS all the way. I'm a firm believer in it. Perlite and vermiculite, eh? And it's a good set up? Not that I'm a big cloner; I mostly go with seeds, but it's always good to know this stuff, right?

I've been using different types of soil with mine to see what works, with mixed results. A high-peat mix seems to do good because of the water retention properties. I just plant dry seeds directly into the soil and that gives me my best results. The less moving around you have to do, the better.

Nice looking setup. I just built a second one myself. I built the same thing you did.They almost look like twins. But I just used two 360 lawn heads from Home Depot.

I have been running 1 360 head in my 2gal bucket from years now. It has never clogged and I run both of them 24/7 when in use. I have never had a reason to put them of a timer.

With the 5gal bucket it can hold about 3gal of water. That helps to keep the temps down even more and I love how long the roots can get and still stay out of the pump.

I just use z7 and tap water in them and they work great.

I just checked my temps.

The 5gal is running at 77f and the 2gal is at 79f and both are full of clones with long white roots.

My DWC buckets in the same tent run 74 to 76f.

It is going to be moving day for them today.

I just checked my temps.

The 5gal is running at 77f and the 2gal is at 79f and both are full of clones with long white roots.

My DWC buckets in the same tent run 74 to 76f.

It is going to be moving day for them today.

Hey DukeQ
What size pump do you have in your 5gal. I'm using a eco396 and temps without the timer run at 80, with the timer on for 1 minute and off 4 minutes the temp stays around 74. I run z7 in the bucket as insurance. This is my first time cloning and I have read all kinds of good results with people using different temps anywhere from 70 to 82 degree range and trying to decide where to go as far as the temps. Right now it's at 80. I read someone running at 80 until roots showed and then taking it down to 74 until desired root length was achieved.

I have a 350 in my 5gal.

I keep it simple and easy.

I fill the cloner with tap water and z7 then take cuttings using no gel or anything.

Then I put them in the cloner and leave the cloner out of the tent for 24 to 48hrs and then I put in the tent but off to the side.

After 5 to7 days I will have roots starting. That is when I give it full light. At about 8 to10 days they have roots almost a foot long. Then I move them into DWC buckets or if I need to keep them longer because I don't have enough room at the time. I will add a little nutes and ph the water in the cloner.

All leaves should stay green that way. To much light over works them.

6" to 12" is what I like to have when they move. That way I can pull some through the bottom of the basket and into the water from day one in the DWC.

Well it sure gave me a weird feeling taking clones for the first time, almost felt like I was butchering them. Anyway here's a pic and Iadd more when they show roots (I hope).

20171003_200140.jpg

Those should do well in there. You are going to love it. I know I love mine.

Even better is you made it yourself.

It is so cool when the stems start to get their little bumps on them and the day or so later the rots pop out.

I never even trim any leaves when I do mine.

You should have roots showing in 7 days or less.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom