Questions On When To Buy Seeds & Storage

Zafu

As one that only grows outside in Northern California, as I'm in the harvesting period currently, of course my mind drifts to what I'll grow next year. I have some concerns over possible selections being sold out if I wait until the new year, so my questions are these, yet related to each other.

1) How far in advance of planting do you guys tend to purchase your seeds; and

2) If I obtain them a solid 6-months prior to next germination, what is the recommended way to store them?

Thank you kindly.

Zafu

Cool dry space for storage. The crisper in the fridge seems to be the most popular place. I have stored seeds like this for years. The oldest seeds are from 1998 and still pop over 50%
When to buy is a different story. With some strains you get them when you can get them. If seeds are available of strains you like get them. They may not be there when you want to start up. Strain's available today may never be recreated. Having a stock pile of strains you like is advisable. With good rotation your seeds will never go bad. Then you will be able to select or change your strains as the situation dictates.

Back
Top Bottom