Growing for seeds

Brewer

hello folks,
need a question answered from a seed person please.
I just popped my last 3 seeds from a really nice pink candy pheno, they are reg seeds, and I cant get anymore.
if, out of my last 3 seeds, one is a male, how possible is it to pollinate a female, and keep this strain in my rotation?
and will the seeds be as stable as the parents?.

I would just keep a mom, but its just not feasible.

thanks.

hello folks,
need a question answered from a seed person please.
I just popped my last 3 seeds from a really nice pink candy pheno, they are reg seeds, and I cant get anymore.
if, out of my last 3 seeds, one is a male, how possible is it to pollinate a female, and keep this strain in my rotation?
and will the seeds be as stable as the parents?.

I would just keep a mom, but its just not feasible.

thanks.
Very easy to do....

Let's hope u get a boy

If not you can also make the females become hermies and get pollen that way. Or you can keep the strain alive via cloning.

How hard is it to make autoflowers probly generations of seeds and have to keep picking the ones that flower quickly for breeding down the line

That will only help you find a shorter flowering time for that strain. You need Ruderalias genetics for auto flower. I would leave any auto flowering breeding to those who think they no best. While adding auto flowering to the genetics make up you are also add little to no THC. Way to much work stabilizing and finding one that has acceptable THC levels.
For years they tried auto flower strains but found they lacked the potency of their counter parts. They have made them better but it is the Seed market that made auto's popular not potency. In the end DID the make them really better or DID they just find people to buy them?

Yep I do believe there is great auto strains.. The reasoning behind Auto flower have changed a lot too. In the beginning it was to make great plants that could grow outdoors anywhere. Most auto flower strains out today are indoor strains. They are made to flower with 16 to 18 hours of light. Some take as long as their photo period sisters. They just don't need the lights dropped to 12 hours. Which makes it easy to have multiple age plants in the same grow.
With this in mind it makes it easier to keep the THC content high. If they don't have to make it grow and flower in time to be grown in northern climates the game changes. They are using the Ruderalais in a different way then they did in the early years.

The fact that there are strains out now to fit everyone's needs is amazing. Everyone will never agree and everyone will never all like the same strains. Variety is the spice of life. To keep my life spicy I'm going to try and grow as many strains as I can in what ever time I have left. To darn old to chase all the beautiful women out there. Much easier to chase the next beautiful plant.

In my experience autos are fun and also a great way to test new strains.

But I still feel their photoperiod cousins are more potent.

Back
Top Bottom