Pollinating

K.puff&stuff

Hello guys
I just wanted to ask if this is ok. If I have pollen from 4 different males and i add them all together
and mix the Pollen well then add it to a female example white window My question is will she produce seeds from all 4 different plants.? or will she just start creating a gang bang Bastard seed from all her mates??
Thanks

Hello guys
I just wanted to ask if this is ok. If I have pollen from 4 different males and i add them all together
and mix the Pollen well then add it to a female example white window My question is will she produce seeds from all 4 different plants.? or will she just start creating a gang bang Bastard seed from all her mates??
Thanks
You would get crosses of all four males with no way to tell which father it was. Should have kept them separated and pollinated 1/4 of the plant with individual males pollen. And marked so you know which branches were pollinated by which males pollen.

Hello thanks for replying I didnt do it i just was asking what could happen if it was done that way i would like to create a strain for myself
So i wanted to know if it was possible to add all different fathers to make one.

Islandgrow is spot on. The only way to change anything is if you have the pollen separate from each other. Then you could use each male to pollenate a single branch. Then you would know what male made each set of seeds.
Interesting thing to note is. The best way to ensure you have all the genetics out of a pack of 10 regular seeds. Cross all the males with all the females. Then you can start selecting for the best. Knowing you have all the genetics the strain is known for. Don't risk breeding out that one great pheno. Its the long way around. Most people do not have the space or time to do this.

Hello thanks for replying
I'm trying to understand but its not take sinking in I get a 10 of regular seeds grow them. then seperate female and male but use the male to pollenate that same female?

If the plan is to pollenate then there is no reason to separate. If you want to wait and choose just 1 male separate them tell one show's it is better. Ie: smell, short internode, crystal production. Smell and Crystal production transfer well with a male. Plant structure usually comes from the female.

I wanted to get the best of the males then breed it with a sour jack female and see what come from it whar strain it would be I would like to find or grow my own strain

I'm with you there. I have always wanted to breed my own seeds and am working on some now. I wouldn't go as far as to call these crosses strains. That takes a lot more work then most people want or have time for. As long as the outcome is killer weed who cares. My biggest problem is takes longer to follow through with a breeding program then it does to think of another one.

Is there something out I can read to become familiar with this what I need to do and all that. like a step by step for dummies lol
Lots of stuff on Google, probably yer best bet

It's pretty easy..I'm doing it now on a few Strains and more when they get older

Good luck

Marijuana Botany is one the best book out there for breeding info. Way to technical for me. If you want to breed a strain of your own they have the steps you will need to take. This is breeding info. Not for pollen chuckers like me.

Well guys I had to stop seedling I gave the plants to my friend I sold my house didnt think it would be so fast now i'm moving upnorth
so I will be on and off just to read post. At my new house I will continue. Happy Holidays to you all.

Back
Top Bottom