Earliest clones

Stltoed

I went to germinate 12 Lemon Skunk seeds and only got 3. I was a little bummed but figured I would just clone the number I need to make this grow worthwhile from these 3. So, at what point can I clone from these "mothers"? I don't want to wait too long because I would also like to keep and grow the original 3. I only need 5 more.

I would suggest you go with what you got. If you were to go with bigger pots, longer veg time, and either topping or a SCROG program. You very well could produce almost as much as the 11 plants in a much shorter time.

Here is just a guess on the time it would take you to get enough clones to fill your space.

At least a month, probably closer to 2 before you get good enough branches to clone.
Minimum 2 weeks for clones to root.
Another 2 weeks minimum at least to get plants established in the new pot. Longer in most cases.
Then you still have your flower time.
Your 3 plants can get pretty big in that extra 2 months veg time. Plus if it is truly a Skunk Hybrid then it has the genetics to get big and produce well in most any grow style.

I would suggest you go with what you got. If you were to go with bigger pots, longer veg time, and either topping or a SCROG program. You very well could produce almost as much as the 11 plants in a much shorter time.

Here is just a guess on the time it would take you to get enough clones to fill your space.

At least a month, probably closer to 2 before you get good enough branches to clone.
Minimum 2 weeks for clones to root.
Another 2 weeks minimum at least to get plants established in the new pot. Longer in most cases.
Then you still have your flower time.
Your 3 plants can get pretty big in that extra 2 months veg time. Plus if it is truly a Skunk Hybrid then it has the genetics to get big and produce well in most any grow style.
This is good stuff. Thank you.

Im running a RDWC. It consists of two pots. Each pot has 12 sites. The three aren't in the system yet, but they are under the lights. Using 2 400watt Black Dogs and an LEC later. The kids are 42 inches away right now. I totally get what your saying about a longer veg. It's very probable that the 8 or so plants I wish i had would be TOO much. It definitely would not be a long veg. But it would have a ton more bud sites

You know when you got a plan and it just doesn't work out? I needed a second opinion. Thanks

I went to germinate 12 Lemon Skunk seeds and only got 3. I was a little bummed but figured I would just clone the number I need to make this grow worthwhile from these 3. So, at what point can I clone from these "mothers"? I don't want to wait too long because I would also like to keep and grow the original 3. I only need 5 more.
420-magazine-mobile1628322711.jpg

I know the feeling when a plan falls apart. Yep it is easy to panic. I do soil only so can't help you with the new plan. Hydro should do what I suggested even better. Longer time to keep things happy and health but it should work. Good luck

I know the feeling when a plan falls apart. Yep it is easy to panic. I do soil only so can't help you with the new plan. Hydro should do what I suggested even better. Longer time to keep things happy and health but it should work. Good luck
Thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom