Looking for a good 8wk strain

steppedinds

I want to start selecting for some mother plants and I'm looking for recommendations on good strains that finish in around eight weeks flowering and get a heavy harvest. I just finished up a batch of gorilla glue #4 and even though I still got over 1 g/W it took me a few extra weeks longer than the normal 8 weeks.

I'm not a real big fan of Kush...In the past I really like cookies, even though the strains I've had didn't have a really heavy harvest. Lemon skunk is always a favorite. I tried the greenhouse seeds strain most recently which had a really really great harvest time and quantity but I really didn't think the taste was top notch.

Cant wait to hear/see your favorites

New sponsor Delicious Seeds have what they call Early Versions of some of their premium strains. Available directly from them or various seedbanks. I haven't grow them, but they sound interesting. An auto crossed with a premium photo fem. See Early Versions

Ian

I am growing their Berry Bomb (6 - 8 wks) & their Ice Bomb (7 - 9 wks) now. I will see how long they take. But they are both Indica meds. I have some THC Bomb seeds here for a future grow.

Ian

Hard not to consider Cinderella 99 from Grim Brothers if you want fast. Now that they are back producing seeds the real Cindy is back. A great for Sativa lovers. Dinafem has California Hash Plant and crosses of it that finish in 7 to 8 weeks for indica fans. I really liked the Hash Plant and am running more now. Waiting on the Cinderella 99 seeds now.
Just a couple suggestions I'm sure you will not get from others lol.

New sponsor Delicious Seeds have what they call Early Versions of some of their premium strains. Available directly from them or various seedbanks. I haven't grow them, but they sound interesting. An auto crossed with a premium photo fem. See Early Versions

Ian

Their standard Sugar Black Rose is nice too, the green pheno has heavy yield, but the dark/purple pheno has better effect and taste ;)

I am growing their Berry Bomb (6 - 8 wks) & their Ice Bomb (7 - 9 wks) now. I will see how long they take. But they are both Indica meds. I have some THC Bomb seeds here for a future grow.

Ian

Berry Bomb disappointed me... Grew the femi indoors and no colour, no berry/fruity taste and ZERO mould resistance, and did the auto version outdoors which somehow has negative mould resistance, but lots of colour, too bad I never got to taste any of it...

Berry Bomb disappointed me... Grew the femi indoors and no colour, no berry/fruity taste and ZERO mould resistance, and did the auto version outdoors which somehow has negative mould resistance, but lots of colour, too bad I never got to taste any of it...

I hope that I have better luck. What happened with the auto outdoors grow?

Ian

Hard not to consider Cinderella 99 from Grim Brothers if you want fast. Now that they are back producing seeds the real Cindy is back. A great for Sativa lovers. Dinafem has California Hash Plant and crosses of it that finish in 7 to 8 weeks for indica fans. I really liked the Hash Plant and am running more now. Waiting on the Cinderella 99 seeds now.
Just a couple suggestions I'm sure you will not get from others lol.
I agree with the c-99

I hope that I have better luck. What happened with the auto outdoors grow?

Ian

Well bud rot happened which is to be expected with autos this far north, but it was way worse than other plants with bigger and denser buds...
I think we ended up with 14g from 3 plants and I threw mine out before trying it because my mate found rot in his share.

Maybe I just had crap phenos every time, hope you get a nice colourful and fruity pheno, since I guess that's the strain's selling point ;)

420-magazine-mobile1930198840.jpg

Leafly says it flowers in 6 weeks... but, it doesn't...lol

8-10 from flip is more likely, the ones I grew needed long veg time and didn't stretch much.

Super nice strain but not a heavy yielder, so I guess it's not a what OP is looking for (I'd highly recommend trying it if you like loud terps ;) )

Have you considered that it's not just the strain but the conditions that make a grow 8 weeks? Those breeder recommendations for flower time and yield are in ideal conditions.

PPFDvs-growth.png

If you're growing under 500 PPFD light your plants are photosynthesizing at about 70% of maximum rate. 8 weeks / 70% turns into 11 weeks. Those 6 week strains were probably grown with over 1000 PPFD, CO2, hydro and every other advantage to make that speed possible.

6 weeks from flowers set to harvest, sure, but with 6 weeks from flip it's highly unlikely 2 more weeks won't add more weight, also very rare to see mature trichs at this point.
I have a feeling that some of those numbers are a bit exaggerated ;)

Btw did you change name?

Yes I did. One of my accounts on another website was cracked and I felt it was safest to change usernames.

And yea, I still doubt any 6 week claims but I'd think any strain's flowering period in general has a lot to do with the light intensity and other growth factors.

Have you considered that it's not just the strain but the conditions that make a grow 8 weeks? Those breeder recommendations for flower time and yield are in ideal conditions.

PPFDvs-growth.png

If you're growing under 600 PPFD light your plants are photosynthesizing at about 70% of maximum rate. 8 weeks / 70% turns into 11 weeks. Those 6 week strains were probably grown with over 1000 PPFD, CO2, hydro and every other advantage to make that speed possible.
Thank you for sharing this awesome tidbit :high-five:

Not positive on this. Plant age seems to effect flower time also. While you can turn the lights back on plants of any size. Plants that show sex before the lights are dropped back tend to finish faster. I for one turn lights back by height instead of age. Not all plants show sex before I switch to 12/12.
With that in mind it could explain while some 8 week strains take more time.

Also I add at least a week to all stated finish times. Adding 2 weeks to what they say would be more accurate.
And Yes there is 6 week strains. Some strains do have the genetics to finish that fast. Problem is you have to lock down that 1 phenol that does finish that fast. As with the super high THC strains. You have to find the pheno they were breeding for.
A early finishing mother plant not only gives fast finishing clones they are also old enough to flower fast.

These look like a good 8 week strain
420-magazine-mobile190397496.jpg
pic is 48 days from the flip. I'm pretty sure they will be finished by 8 weeks
420-magazine-mobile249424124.jpg
they reek of berries

Those times work about right for the Blueberry. The kush's I have grown all seem to go a average of 9 weeks. Maybe the Blueberry shortened it up.

Back
Top Bottom