Cloning feminized seeds

Pondo7011

I am under the impression that you dont want to clone feminized seeds. Is it because of the stress that they put on a plant to convert it to producing female seeds? if that is the case if you clone a feminized female it could convert to what it really was to begin with a male? Now if thats the case if you clone feminized seeds and say 5 out of 10 are females, if you then reclone those females will they all be female? or can they convert to male? Or am I missing everything, lol

I don't think it's a problem to clone fems

I'm about to do it myself so if it is an issue well find out lol

I don't think it's a problem to clone fems

I'm about to do it myself so if it is an issue well find out lol

Lol me also. I have a read in a lot of different posts about a lot of different things, That people dont like cloning fem seeds. Trying to get to the science of it:) But at same time i cut 12 clones off of a few different plants. Labelled them, as am not 100% sure they are females as they were from seeds. throw out male plants and corresponding clones.

I have taken hundreds of clones from plants grown from feminized seeds. It's not a problem at all

You'll just end up with female plants lol you can clone any plant fem or not. Like jackalope said, auto flowers is tricky because the plant will flower at day x and if you're cloning a plant at day y, the clone will be day y old and will still likely flower on day x with its mother.

same here. i have cloned from feminized seed plants for years. however, i do my own pollinating and when a plant grown from a feminized seed is pollinated, the offspring is major league hermie. so just clone them . don't pollinate them

Still unsure how pollenating a plant from feminized seeds will be a hermie. One inherit problem with turning a female plant male is it may have hermie traits that go unnoticed. I'm sure this has happened.... Probably to me. I had a bulk pack of 100 seeds turn out all hermie. Pretty sure this was just bad breeding practices and not the fact that a feminized strain was pollenated. Now I must find out for myself. Next run I will try and see for myself.

Back
Top Bottom