When to transplant cuttings from bubble cloner?

Southerncough

Hi everyone,
I have an old "Oxyclone" bubble cloner I picked up for cheap on clearance a while back at my local shop and decided to put a couple cuttings in there to see how it'd work.
Went out of town for the Holiday weekend and when I returned this morning 3 out of 4 cuttings have at least a few 1" long roots! yay! and no scary droopy clone phase! yay!

So my question is...how long should they stay in there? How much root mass will the clones need to be stable enough to transplant to either solo cup or #1 pot?
I have some (clonex) clone food solution, should I put a cap full in there for the new roots to take up? Should I change the water every few days?

Thanks again for your help!
All of my previously cloning attempts failed miserably, so I'm now in uncharted waters!

20171128_194618.jpg

-Southerncough

I like to have at least 6' to 10" roots before I move them into their DWC buckets.
Then I will pull some roots through the basket and then pour in the hydroton so from day one some roots are in the water. I would have 25% nutes in the water for the first week.

So, two weeks in the cloner and the roots are rockin!
Decided to move the whole cloner into a new tent, give them a light feeding and flip to 12/12.
Once sexed, I may move any females to a 5 gal DWC or coco...

20171207_134012.jpg

20171207_134034.jpg

Back
Top Bottom