My Clones Are Not Growing Roots

bipolar

Today is day 11 for the first batch. I took 12 cutting off a mother plant grown from Crop King CB Dream seeds. I took the cuttings with a Exacto knife cleaned with bleach. Cut them at a 45 degree angle and applied fresh Clonex root gel and placed them in 1 1/2" rock wool cubes that are wet but not saturated. I placed them in a clear plastic tray with a clear lid and put them in front of an Aero-Garden so they get light from the LED hood. the light is on a 18/6 hour cycle. I lightly mist them with straight water in the morning and evening. The room is 70 degrees at night and 75 degrees during the day.

They have not changed they have not wilted but there are no root visible yet.
Am I being impatient?

IMG_339717.JPG

They start small so may go unnoticed. As long as your clones are not dyeing then you are fine as of now. Some strains root slower then others. Recently I had a Tahoe OG clone build a root ball that damn near filled a 4x4 square pot in that same amount of time. While other strains barely had a root showing.

After 16 days and no sign of roots I pulled all the clones out of the rock wool.
There were no traces of roots starting at all. I bought a PH test kit and my water is 7.5.
I only let the rock wool soak for about 5 minutes before I put the clones in.
from what I have read an hour is the minimum.

So as soon as the mother plant has enough shoots I will try again which will be soon.

We have great success cloning using a spray box with just plain water. Ph the water to 6 anywhere from 8 - 14 days and then to soil.. Mist every chance that you get as they love humidity..

Back
Top Bottom